The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-05-2023, 01:46 AM   #1441
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Chocolate's more expensive these days.

It's somewhat discouraging.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 02:01 PM   #1442
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, I rarely buy the big name brand chocolate now unless I catch a good sale. What I discovered is that Walmart's Great Value brand sells a really good bar of dark chocolate for only a $1 (locally). I usually get that or a (little more expensive) bar from Aldi. (Much better than Dollar Tree's cheap house brand that costs a quarter more.)

edit: OH and definitely check the leftover Halloween candy, too.

Been eyeing the snack size dark chocolate Kit Kats at Walgreens (not seen them anywhere else ) but they wanted freaking $5.50 per bag. Ouch, no way. Went today to check out a location I may be adding to my accounts for work and they had some leftover for $1.60-something instead.

Not really a Kit Kat fan, but the dark chocolate are awesome. Shame I only really see them around for Halloween. (But maybe that's a good thing. Just ate two and want more.)

----

How much lack of shame does it take to paint a sexy anime girl all gaudy-like on the side of your vehicle? Saw a car like that in a parking lot recently and today I saw a white Wrangler with one sitting in a driveway. Along side a couple other vehicles even, so if those cars all belong to a family, they must be so proud. lol

Okay, you like it, but why advertise it like that? Or why think "sexy" art is appropriate to put out there publicly, as if kids and respect for old people (or anyone for that matter) don't exist anymore?

I mean, I can appreciate the rare, nicely drawn, kinda sexy-ish piece of Turtle man art like the next women who is attracted to men, but I would never put it on my CAR. Good lord what would people think. Love TMNT, but still living on this side of realty.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-05-2023 at 05:32 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:20 AM   #1443
Storm Wolf
The Thread Killer

Why are some lifesaver mints hard as a rock and some are soft and almost melt in your mouth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Voting: pick which lies you think sounds best.
Storm Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 10:24 PM   #1444
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Try watching a YouTube video of a Sonic game playthrough all the while running on a treadmill. I tried that tonight, and it was…kinda trippy.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:33 PM   #1445
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Trippy is probably exactly what I'd do, then fally. Lol
Old 12-04-2023, 04:47 PM   #1446
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Trippy is probably exactly what I'd do, then fally. Lol

Well, then you probably shouldn’t try that.
Old 12-06-2023, 05:28 AM   #1447
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

While working at one of my Walgreens accounts last night, this lady comes in with her kid to visit the photo counter. The kid, maybe around 4 or 5, sees a nearby end cap "special offer" display of bottles of laundry detergent and made a beeline to it happily shouting "oil!"

Uh... what?

Guess maybe he "helped" with an at-home oil change and it made an impression? Lol Usually it's excitement or whining about toys or candy, but "oil" is a new one on me. First sign of a future car guy? Lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-06-2023 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-06-2023, 09:43 AM   #1448
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
While working at one of my Walgreens accounts last night, this lady comes in with her kid to visit the photo counter. The kid, maybe around 4 or 5, sees a nearby end cap "special offer" display of bottles of laundry detergent and made a beeline to it happily shouting "oil!"

Uh... what?

Guess maybe he "helped" with an at-home oil change and it made an impression? Lol Usually it's excitement or whining about toys or candy, but "oil" is a new one on me. First sign of a future car guy? Lol
Oh, you work at Walgreens? Do you have to work on Christmas Day?
Old 12-06-2023, 04:16 PM   #1449
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nooo... work for a vendor, I'm "the card lady." Walgreens are just two of my accounts. I never have to work holidays. I hope those poor folks don't have to.

12/13 -- Working on wrapping gifts and just noticed printed on the bottom of the Philly Eagles pet treat jar I got for my uncle is not only dishwasher safe...it's microwaveable.

What.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-13-2023 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 07:56 PM   #1450
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Never flip through a kids Choose Your Own Adventure book and read a random ending with no context and and leave yourself with no clue what led up to it.

The candy did what now??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231219_215231.jpg (73.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-20-2023, 03:50 PM   #1451
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Who else is ready for the Christmas sugar rush? All of the sugar cookies and brownies, mmmmm…

Old 12-20-2023, 05:47 PM   #1452
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? Lmao

WHY? Why does a plush whale need a (possibly removable) fidget toy? And right there??

Edit: Finally took an adorable weighted whale out of its packaging. Had gotten it after Christmas last year with the intention of it being a gift this year, but due to a certain child and dog duo not being trustworth with plush (and parents/owners who just don't care if things get destroyed) I don't dare give it to my nephew. Don't need a dog getting a stomach full of the beads that fill it... Plus its too damn cute to want to see get torn up. So, it'll be my computer chair lap whale instead.

That said... Curious what the original price was (I'd gotten it clearance at Marshalls prob because the package was torn) I tried to look it up. The only images I can find were someone on reddit on HelpMeFind sub who'd posted only 7 hours prior (I expected an OLD post!), saying they'd seen one a while ago at Marshalls, but never saw it again. Spooky! At least I was able to offer them the info on the back of the box.

And no, it's definitely NOT the creepy fidget whale. Lol Just an adorable weighted fluffy dark blue one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20231220-194212_Chrome.jpg (95.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-20-2023 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2023, 05:19 PM   #1453
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

People are weird.

Things found left in my card pockets while doing season change overs today at Dollar Tree:

2016 "not for tourists" travel guide to Chicago. Not a DT book and clearly used.

Toy fireman badge... kinda greasy. Thanks kid. Glad I've always carried hand sanitizer since long before 2020... for times like this.

A handful of old, but recent lottery tickets. A few Power Ball, but most are Pick 4...all with the exact same numbers chosen. I think there were identical tickets for the same date(s)... Huh? (Probably all duds, but put them aside later to check. Lol)

Money card holder Christmas card...already signed. Dated this year, but not a design we had this time. How did this get there?? Maybe someone liked it and hoped to find some?

I'm used to finding store items rudely jammed in there or people's shopping lists, but this stuff... yeah, I dunno.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-27-2023 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:47 PM   #1454
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Toasted ravioli instructions: Place frozen ravioli on flat baking sheet.

Do some people have wavy ones I don't know about?
Old 02-22-2024, 06:43 PM   #1455
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not worth a thread of its own, so not really a thought, just a funny non-review I came across on an info/review page for a doctor...

I think Joyce might regret that decision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FunnyXboxLaxEdit.jpg (34.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-03-2024, 08:41 PM   #1456
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Question:
How could feet smell if they don’t have noses?

Old 04-03-2024, 09:49 PM   #1457
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Not worth a thread of its own, so not really a thought, just a funny non-review I came across on an info/review page for a doctor...

I think Joyce might regret that decision.
She must be a little confused. The console was fine. It was the controller that was called the duke.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 08:39 AM   #1458
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh, guess we're having a rare (or less rare than they used to be??) earthquake today. O.o

Crossed my mind the other day wondering when we'd get the next... spooky.

First in my life was in 84 and the next wasn't for more than 20 years. Now there's been a few in the past 10 or so. What changed...

edit: And now a white frozen dinner tray just to make sure the day continues to be weird. You know, that's almost very vaguely unnerving that it's not black, as the brand I bought always is... lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-05-2024 at 11:44 PM.