The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-27-2021, 04:27 PM   #3901
Powder
So tired of this place

Today's my partner & I's 2 year anniversary. Been bliss the whole way though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #3902
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My Jeep got "ducked" (#duckduckjeep) yesterday. Apparently this is a thing.

Was working my tail off covering a couple side by side stores yesterday, outside of and in addition to my usual stores since my supervisor retired last week and we're short a couple hands.

Finally got out of the second one to come home and found a little rubber duck stuffed in my door handle. Was a little bewildered and thought maybe some kid getting in or out of a neighboring car might have been fooling around and left it behind, but then the "Nice Jeep, you've been ducked" tag on it let me know what was up.

Apparently, this is a thing that started in Canada last year then spread to the U.S. with some Wrangler owners leaving rubber ducks on other Wranglers.

Kind of made my day.

It comes with a request to submit a pic of it, though it was getting dark and far too windy today and tomorrow... but maybe soon.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:45 PM   #3903
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Happen to check Hot Topic's website when I had some money to spend. They had some AEW Wrestling shirts 2 for 25 bucks. So I got 2 for the price of one which is fantastic
Old 02-03-2021, 09:51 PM   #3904
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm still going to be working from home till at least April/May.

THANK GOD. At least 4 more months of staying home. Coronavirus can last forever as far as I am concerned.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:56 PM   #3905
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I've been anxious about my follow-up pulmonologist appointment in a couple of weeks since I thought I required a COVID test for it like I did my original appointment from back in December. I called the pulmonologist office this morning to recheck my appointment date, and I was told that since it is a follow-up appointment, the COVID test isn't required. So my nose is spared (as well as my brain).
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:47 PM   #3906
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I've been working my butt off (up to repairing 3 computers a week on average now) and am back to volunteering at the homeless shelter across town. Meeting a lot of great people.

Back to normal and pretty happy. The only downside is... the boss insists on everybody eating out for lunch every day (as a way to socialize) which is expensive and dangerous during the pandemic, even if we wear our masks... but his favorite restaurant has a vegan-friendly menu so, it's not all bad. When I mentioned bringing my own lunch from home, he asked me why I didn't wanna be part of the team... one of those situations where staying employed means going out to lunch everyday, I guess. Maybe I'll just start ordering pie and coffee!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:57 PM   #3907
Leo656
The Franchise

Our dog likes to get into the kitchen garbage sometimes. A while back my mother-in-law bought one of those foot-pedal trash cans with a lid on it, specifically to put a stop to this.

Today, he apparently figured out how to work the pedal. I ain't even mad, this guy's my hero.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:34 PM   #3908
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Last night some family friends of mine never lost power in the Big Freeze and were able to swoop in and bring me to their place. Which, most importantly, has kept my snake alive in this mess. We were able to throw together a pretty good temporary home for him, at least until power is back at my main home.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:00 AM   #3909
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Stressed about managing to get the rest of my work done tomorrow since the final two are due by then, since the weather is creating an issue and may be a problem tomorrow as well... but I suppose I'm a little grateful that it has forced a day off today and a chance to take a break after the work load of the last few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Last night some family friends of mine never lost power in the Big Freeze and were able to swoop in and bring me to their place. Which, most importantly, has kept my snake alive in this mess. We were able to throw together a pretty good temporary home for him, at least until power is back at my main home.
Hope that whole thing is over soon, so awful.

Saw a video clip on tv that showed someone's aquarium frozen... God I'd be heartbroken to have that happen and kill particularly vulnerable pets like that who would never make it. Glad you were able to get your pet somewhere safe.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:36 PM   #3910
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've since gotten home and we just got water back, somewhat.

Won't be able to shower yet (mine is against an outside wall and the handle froze so bad that it broke when I tried to turn it to open the pipes), but I'll be okay.

But, the snake warmed up enough that he ate, so that's really good.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:35 PM   #3911
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I found an Amazon gift card in my mailbox on Thursday, from the company I work for.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:29 AM   #3912
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Utrom! Good to see you again! Well, I'm just glad that mess is over with. We were powerless for nearly four days. Then our water got shut off due to another unit's popes bursting and flooding the one below it.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #3913
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Glad it sounds like you guys made it through.

Hope all the repairs will encourage people to go ahead and winterize things at the same time. Might be a rare event, but sounds like it might be worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
popes bursting and flooding
This just became a whole different discussion.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:29 AM   #3914
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Glad it sounds like you guys made it through.

Hope all the repairs will encourage people to go ahead and winterize things at the same time. Might be a rare event, but sounds like it might be worth the money.

This just became a whole different discussion.
Lol, I didn't catch that! I meant pipes. But popes works too.... We were lucky enough to have a friend just outside town who still had power. So we just stayed at his place for a couple of nights.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:21 PM   #3915
Storm Eagle
Saved by

My computer at work finally got fixed, and I can work remotely from home again when I need to.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:17 PM   #3916
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

My neighbor's dog got hit by a car! That is wonderful news, if you hate dogs that bark between the hours of 2 am and 7 am and attack and bite people. I live off of a highway and that little devil... I think his name was Max, a wiener dog (Dachsund)... finally got caught under somebody's truck tire. Good riddance. One less reason not to move!

I got promoted to "Senior Volunteer" at the homeless shelter. Just got back actually. That means I can volunteer more hrs and start actually being in charge of the food table. Apparently to get hired on at the shelter you have to have a Bachelors minimum. I only have an associates degree... which you don't need if you're self-taught in computers. So...

Also, the last Covid case in my county happened nearly 2 months ago... so THE VIRUS IS GONE! What a load off!

Sorry about all the people in Texas, tho with their $10,000 electric bills. that sucks! That's what happens when you privatize sh*t! The capitalists take over and greed sets in.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:45 PM   #3917
nylemon

Hope dogs in my place will perish too, annoying dogs bark at midnight, my son is only 1.5years old.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:14 PM   #3918
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylemon View Post
Hope dogs in my place will perish too, annoying dogs bark at midnight, my son is only 1.5years old.
yeah. I mean, people put innocent pigs and cows on plates or between slices of bread... and yet malicious beasts who keep people awake, attack neighbors and bite people's tires are the ones who deserve HELL. F*ck evil dogs! Kill em all. I love animals but, well, my neighbor's just lucky I decided not to... take action.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #3919
Leo656
The Franchise

I thought I'd seen everything on this forum, but now I've seen people cheering for dogs getting hit by cars.

Good Lord, you people need Jesus. Or SOMEthing.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:22 PM   #3920
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I thought I'd seen everything on this forum, but now I've seen people cheering for dogs getting hit by cars.

Good Lord, you people need Jesus. Or SOMEthing.
Dude... you gotta understand... living in a rural area... animals are not regulated by laws outside city limits... I mean... cows and horses are required to be fenced... but dogs are loud, cats destroy property by putting holes in roofing... it's bad. I slept well for the first time in weeks last night.

I mean, I would never wanna see a decent animal murdered or harmed... but when they f*ck with your sleep... it's you or them!