The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-08-2020, 03:24 AM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
That's actually a TMNT premise I wouldnt mind seeing filmed... and I'm usually against the idea of older adult TMNT things. But, I like it!
It's a tried and true formula. "Unforgiven," "Logan," etc.. It could work.

Personally I say scrap everything and try a new Turtles universe on film that doesn't suck. But barring that, if we want to follow the Halloween H40 example and ignore everything after TMNT 1990 (and why shouldn't we, really?) then something like that writes itself.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:12 AM   #42
frank_one
Mad Scientist

TMNT 1990 was a miracle of the fate: the right director, the right production, the right mix of inspirations between the mirage comics and the cartoon... everything happening at the same time, at the right time in history. Can all of that be reproduced today? Maybe it can, but what if what worked back than doesn't work today anymore? You need to recreate the feeling of the 90's but update it just enough to make it work for the 20's, that's a hell of a job. I mean, I would love if Nintendo released a "Super Nintendo 2" tomorrow and I know a lot of you here would instantly buy a "Sega Genesis 2", but I'm not sure this stuff can still work, you know, the 90's are over, even if we will never accept it.

I would love to see them trying with a sequel of TMNT 1990, but I don't know. I guess it is way easier to start from scratch, this time without Bay around and working with the source material (for real this time).
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:25 PM   #43
AquaParade
Banned

I don't necessarily need to see this whole team on it, but I couldn't say no to Steve Barron, despite not having any idea what he's been up to the last two decades.
The thing is, he just gets it. This is the guy who brought the Mirage books to set to be used as storyboards. The only thing that would have made TMNT 1990 better was perhaps a bit more honesty to the action scenes, which isn't reliant on him anyway.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:54 PM   #44
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Counting the cult status of the 1990 movie I actually do think we're going to get a "sequel" to the 1990 movie but it's not going to be that exactly. It'll try to emulate the original movie,, it'll be marketed as a "sequel", it would ignore II and III, it would use CG, it would be set in the modern world but no, 30 years would not have happened, so essentially a soft reboot a la Superman Returns or The Incredible Hulk where they sort of acknowledge the movie but it's its own thing and in a way misses what the original was too much. I'm pretty sure this is what the next TMNT movie will be whenever it eventually comes out even if it's 10 years from today.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #45
srmff
Foot Soldier

I struggle to see past the costumes in the 1990 film. I find it hard to take the movie seriously. I know that it's the best that they could do at the time but it feels very childish to me. At least in Star Wars, there were only a few characters and Yoda still felt very real to me even though he was a puppet. I probably would have liked the movie if I was a child at the time it was released but I was born in the late 90s.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #46
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmff View Post
I struggle to see past the costumes in the 1990 film. I find it hard to take the movie seriously. I know that it's the best that they could do at the time but it feels very childish to me. At least in Star Wars, there were only a few characters and Yoda still felt very real to me even though he was a puppet. I probably would have liked the movie if I was a child at the time it was released but I was born in the late 90s.
Does cg look better to you?
Old 11-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #47
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think the right kind of CG would be great in a TMNT flick. Hybrid real materials with CGi enhancement and you'd have a real winner.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #48
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I think the right kind of CG would be great in a TMNT flick. Hybrid real materials with CGi enhancement and you'd have a real winner.
I agree 100%, remember when Laird was selling this very idea for the new tmnt movie before viacom bought it ? He said it would look like "Where the wild things are ?" I was excited
Old 11-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #49
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Depends on the CGI. The costumes were definitely better than the Michael Bay CGI anyway. I would really hope that they could create better CGI turtles than that though and that they are not peak CGI turtles. The appearance of the turtles might be something that limits a live-action turtles movie since they might just always look better as cartoons.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #50
bwwd
Hench Mutant

This wont happen and if it would happened then producers would lose money cause theres not enough of us, but if bay tmnt made $... maybe there is still something in the air.
I just dont see if set in today world but id give it a chance, with designs from 1st movie.
Im just afraid that it had its time in the late 80s , early 90s and today that kind of movie would be considered archaic.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:37 PM   #51
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Hope they get a decent wig if Koteas is gonna be in it , would hate if they used a cheap one (cough Undertaker WM 27 cough)
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote