The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Holy demon dragons, Turtles!
Leo is in the Dojo talking to no one...not a good sign 10 29.41%
Leo: Donnie we'll need some upgrades. Casey: A couple of tanks would be nice. 6 17.65%
Dig that new opening... 13 38.24%
Who else cringed when Kavaxas said he wanted to eat April? Just me...ok then... 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 01: Scroll of the Demodragon

So here we are...the final season of TMNT 2012 is starting.

Following the death of Master Splinter, the Turtles must find their way in a world where their father and master no longer exists. Fortunately, they don't have to worry about the Shredder being a threat in their lives...or do they.

Shredder's henchmen are still at large and Tigerclaw aims to summon a demonic creature known as Kavaxas. But for what purpose? And what threat would Kavaxas have upon the city?
Old 03-19-2017, 02:17 AM   #2
Ninjinister
無問題

The new in-show show?

Spoiler:
Space Heroes: The Next Generation
Most copies where thrown into a landfill because they were deemed "too disturbing."
Old 03-19-2017, 02:31 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
The new in-show show?

Spoiler:
Most copies where thrown into a landfill because they were deemed "too disturbing."
So is...
Spoiler:
... There a possibility Not-Picard is actually voiced by Patrick Stewart?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:34 AM   #4
Ninjinister
無問題

Wait I forgot we don't need to use spoilers lmao

Nah, it's old fat balding Capt. Ryan. He slaps around Crankshaw Jr.

Ha ha the illustration of Kavaxas they use. It's the Hothead action figure.

The episode seemed super short to me for some reason, like only 15 minutes long.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:01 AM   #5
Vicky82
Emperor

Wow good episode, pretty intense.

Space Heroes the Next Generation

Love the family photo of Splinter and the turtle tots, so adorable.

Donnie making tracking devices out of furbys

I like that Casey is still using his new mask.

Last edited by Vicky82; 03-19-2017 at 03:38 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:40 AM   #6
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Good start to Season 5 I loved this episode.
Leo's gonna need some new swords now.
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:20 AM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I wonder what he's so excited about? Maybe the season 5 cartoon is Space Heroes: TNG
Called it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #8
JTH
"ME"

Spoiler:

Can't believe I called that nearly 4 years ago. Yay!
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:38 AM   #9
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Is it just me, or did this episode seem darker then the rest of the show so far?
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #10
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
Is it just me, or did this episode seem darker then the rest of the show so far?
No Darkest Plight and Requiem are more darker than this episode.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #11
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Well, that was everything a season premiere should be.

I liked how many of the plot threads that are probably going to pop out throughout the season were explored here, and the ideas that were explored here were ones I really can't wait to see unfold.

The humor was pretty good, as well. I did like Space Heroes: The Next Generation especially, but there are some other pretty good moments here as well.

Kavaxas was a badass with a purpose. Miles better than Dregg from last season. We didn't see much of him, but I haven't seen such a hopeless fight in this show since The Gauntlet. Can't wait to see more of him.

That INTRO. Ohhhh that intro. What a step-up from the original. Instrumental and a LOT more visually interesting. Some really good stuff there.

My only real criticism (there are other minuscule things, like Kavaxas's mouth) is, as almost always, Casey. Like always, an annoying little sh*t. Not as much here as some other episodes, but this bastardized version of him is still here and I still hate it. Luckily, he's not that big a part of the episode.

Great stuff all around. If the rest of Season 5 is like this, I'll definitely see why Ciro called it his favorite.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome start to the final season. So glad they have Space Heroes: The Next Generation as the new in-show. Good call, Nines and JTH. Geeky Leo is awesome and I'm so glad they kept that side of him and didn't just make him all serious after Splinter's death. Also loved the talk Leo had with Splinter though I feel that maybe Donnie is going to talk to the others and tell them that he thinks Leo is losing it. Kavaxas is an awesome character and I definitely can't wait to see more of him in future episodes. Hamill did an awesome job with that voice. Overall, an interesting start to the final season. Can't wait to see what else is in store for our heroes. I also loved the new intro and felt it was very fitting though the old one is still a favorite of mine.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #13
ToTheNines
[sic]

So my DVR did not like the new title lol. Luckily I tuned in towards the end of the new theme song. Was there an intro scene before the song?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #14
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
So my DVR did not like the new title lol. Luckily I tuned in towards the end of the new theme song. Was there an intro scene before the song?
Yeah there was, Raph and Casey going after this new creature and got ambushed by a group of them.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #15
ToTheNines
[sic]

I figured that's all it was, thanks.

I loved it, especially the new polished look the 2D sequences have. Interesting that only TC was there. Maybe all the other mutants died and Kavaxas brings them back first? I hope Shredder is just a mindless zombie when he comes back, his arc as an actual character is over.

Also hope Karai kills him this time.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #16
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I figured that's all it was, thanks.

I loved it, especially the new polished look the 2D sequences have. Interesting that only TC was there. Maybe all the other mutants died and Kavaxas brings them back first? I hope Shredder is just a mindless zombie when he comes back, his arc as an actual character is over.

Also hope Karai kills him this time.
In the series preview you can see Rahzar standing by the remains of Shredder, plus Baxter, Beebop & Rocksteady all survived the finale. I think the only henchman that could truly have died was Xever. There's no way anyone got to him before he ran out of air.

This episode was a bit hit and miss for me. It's not like I went in with a clear vision of what I expected, I was open to anything but it just... I can't explain. Maybe it'll get better after I watch it a few more times.

I like Kavaxas (Mark Hamill - divine).
I love the new intro.
I love all the little nods to things like furbies, VHS tapes, how Space Heroes: The Next Generation used the same font as Star Trek: The Next Generation.
I like how April's powers weren't enough when they're usually treated like a miracle in a bag that suddenly save the day when all hope is last.

But I find it weird that we can see a dislocated shoulder being popped back in but the creatures tried to sacrifice someone using a pipette. A PIPETTE. Bent shoulder = ok, dagger = not ok? Some Nickelodeon logic right there.

When April tried to protect the others with a psychic shield (I dunno what to call it) and they all ran for safety and let Kavaxas go at her when she clearly had no chance. They took forever to intervene as well. April could've ended up as a Kavaxas kebab.

Also, team turtle can't defeat the evil minions, let alone Kavaxas. How are they going to show the power balance evening out realistically in however many episodes?
Old 03-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #17
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post

But I find it weird that we can see a dislocated shoulder being popped back in but the creatures tried to sacrifice someone using a pipette. A PIPETTE. Bent shoulder = ok, dagger = not ok? Some Nickelodeon logic right there.
You know that pipette had some stuff in it right, probably some sort of mutagen that was turning humans into those creatures.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #18
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
In the series preview you can see Rahzar standing by the remains of Shredder, plus Baxter, Beebop & Rocksteady all survived the finale. I think the only henchman that could truly have died was Xever. There's no way anyone got to him before he ran out of air.

This episode was a bit hit and miss for me. It's not like I went in with a clear vision of what I expected, I was open to anything but it just... I can't explain. Maybe it'll get better after I watch it a few more times.

I like Kavaxas (Mark Hamill - divine).
I love the new intro.
I love all the little nods to things like furbies, VHS tapes, how Space Heroes: The Next Generation used the same font as Star Trek: The Next Generation.
I like how April's powers weren't enough when they're usually treated like a miracle in a bag that suddenly save the day when all hope is last.

When April tried to protect the others with a psychic shield (I dunno what to call it) and they all ran for safety and let Kavaxas go at her when she clearly had no chance. They took forever to intervene as well. April could've ended up as a Kavaxas kebab.

Also, team turtle can't defeat the evil minions, let alone Kavaxas. How are they going to show the power balance evening out realistically in however many episodes?
Xever was actually close enough to the water to crawl in when the turtles and co weren't paying him any mind.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

Seems to me that they'd just have to get that medallion from TigerClaw and then they can boss Kavaxas around.

Forgot to mention the Ghosbusters reference, love it!
Old 03-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #20
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
You know that pipette had some stuff in it right, probably some sort of mutagen that was turning humans into those creatures.
Still looked funny. "I'm going to dripdrop you to death."

Tags
season 5, tales of the tmnt