The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-19-2019, 03:10 PM   #21
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My group's party consists of Issa "Shadowfox" Mito, the wood elf ninja (and de facto leader), who is on an honor quest to recover her family's missing heirloom katana. She found it, and is now (slowly) returning gome to reclaim her family's honor. With her are Lokran, the kitsune (foxyokai) arcanist, whose main goal in life seems to be to acquire every magical artifact, book or scroll that isn't nailed down, and to get filthy stinking rich. This naturally causes the party some problems when his curiosity gets the best of him.

Then we have Elric, the half-wood elf monk from Issa's clan who wants to prove himself worthy of the clan by helping to recover the blade, mostly so the two can marry, as he is considered an outcast due to being a half-blood.

Lothir joined the group on a whim, as well as for protection from his family's bounty hunters (and sister Morganna) and has been mostly aiding them while keeping out of the spotlight.

The original group also included an orc barbarian named Nodrog, who eventually got killed, ressurected by priests of the god of passion and fertility, and then ended up serving as a temple "companion" as payment. The party left him there.

Then there is Thordar, a dwarf barbarian battlerager from Ironhold. Not too bright, but always ready to slay whatever gets in the party's way. He dislikes and distrusts elves, and thinks everything is always the fault of orcs, even if no orcs are around or involved.

Beznik Bogglewort, my other main NPC helper, is the clutzy gnome pyromaniac- er, pyromancer who likes to use fire a bit TOO much. He has been run out of several towns simply for accidentally setting buildings on fire with his alchemic items or experiments. Or blowing up one too many taverns. But his expertise in elemental magic is second to none, and he has a natural resistance to fire due to some ifrit blood in his family lineage. (I gave him two levels of sorcerer as a way to explain his natural affinity with fire, plus if gives him the ifrit bloodline feats that make his magic so devestating.)

We also have a pair of sorcerers at present, one a female half-vampire (think Blade) and the other a red half-dragon male, who are paramours. Weird couple, and the damphir (half-vamp) likes to taunt Lokran since he hates undead.

At one point there was a halfling paladin, played by my hubby, but that one didn't last long and eventually left the party due to conflicts of morality.

And finally, Jezzendrix, a young red dragon disguised as a kobold via a magical collar, who acts as both guide and patron, and who encountered our party after he had stolen a dragon orb from his own father, who happens to be THE Elder Great Wyrm of the entire realm! Helstrom, as daddy is known, is the biggest, oldest, and most powerful red the world has ever seen, and he hungers for godhood, the ritual for which the dragon orb is essential to. So guess who is now hunting the PC's??

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:46 AM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Today, on Dragon Heist!

The Gang got more information on the Stone of Galore, which is hidden within Tami's Bag of Holding! Which was inside her bedroom at the Trollskull Manor!
...where the game ended with the shattering of glass from the manor, heard from the Gralhund Villa...

And the day before they're opening the tavern.

So we going to workshop if Tami potentially has some kind of security on the Bag of Holding, which goes to her Beholder dad's lair instead of the Astral Plane.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #23
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Our DM made 3.5 a lot more palatable with increased skill points, more feats, ability score increase with 2 points instead of 1, no racial ability score penalty (that's so BS and I hate seeing it return in 5e with Orcs). and all Rituals that was translatable is still available for those who can cast them (mainly our Wizard) as we had shared Ritual Spell list.

First session was pretty intense. After the incident (the in-game explanation for shifting editions), we where tasked by our guild to visit some small villages to check up on them. we arrived to the first village and was told about more humanoid but not goblins or orcs activity in the mountainside, so we checked it out at night.

What we found was a huge red crystal in a crater, a mindflayer propped like a scarecrow with his brains blown out. And a group of 20 something Grimlocks sacrificing a goblin to the crystal.

We took out about half of the group and their leader, a Grimlock with Cleric powers. Things got rough with my character going down, and here we learned that if you don't have ranks in the skill Use Magic Device, you can't use Wand of Healing, what fun. Someone else healed me, though so Inuko lives still. And when we leveled up, I took a rank in that skill, there, done.

The remaining Grimlocks fled when the leader died, and we spent a good time messing with the crystal as it was messing with out minds. Turned out there was a Arcanaloth screwing with us and possessing us.

And we took that **** with us in the village, and the day after some serious horror crap happened. We woke up finding the Inn keeper and his family hanged downstairs, and then we found every single person in the village killed in different morbid ways. And the Runepriest-now-paladin sensed evil from my character.

We quarantined the village and with no longer access to Sending, we where kinda lost. Sending the Scout on horse to the next village as she did not read Evil from the paladin's Detect Evil. When she arrived back to us around midnight, we had thwarted a merchant to enter the village and found out that all life that wasn't us and our horses was dead, even small birds.

Following night we where harassed by some of the dead coming back and wigging us out by staring into the Inn we where staying at. In the end we went full pyromaniac and torched whole damn place, and the village was surprisingly flammable as if someone already had dunked houses with flammable liquids...

We survived the morning and was encountered by Clerics and paladins of Bahamut who had responded to our Scouts report from the neighbor village. Got a deep cleanse, and was told we should visit them after a week for check-up.

Good times with Fiends.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:47 PM   #24
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, I've been hit with another character idea and have no where to bring it.

An orc and her drow wife make a deal with a fae so they can have a child, and of course it comes out as a changeling. Which they pretty much expected would happen. Even if Son Boy Allowed basically looked like a bug-eyed goblin with Satyr legs and a tail.

The problem comes when the fae comes back and takes the son to the faeweld, and now the Orc Mom is off to find her way there and bring him there.
Kind of an Awful Hospital/Finding Nemo Meets Labyrinth.
"HaVe YoU SEeN MY SoN!?" Lesbian Orc edition

I just don't know what class to make her. Probably druid...but I'm still working on that

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-25-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Sounds like a pretty cool idea.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:03 PM   #26
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I dunno why, but a full-on paladin sounds good. T'would be hilarious, if nothing else!

Old 02-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #27
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I was thinking of going Druid, since that would involve learning about the Faeweld and taking its risks at its most seriously. ("DON'T! EAT! THE! FOOD!")
Old 03-16-2019, 04:39 PM   #28
Whatswiththeheadbands?
Noldor the Wise

I've been wanting to get around to learning D&D for years, but I've never really had the time to sit down and learn it properly. I know the basics, but not enough to comfortably go in and join in a game
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #29
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just kinda got gently shoved into it with my DM (who I was dating at the time). Sometimes you just gotta take that dive.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #30
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

You can dive into a game after just an hour or so of basics. Really all you need to remember is which dice to use when, and to keep track of your abilities, feats, skills, etc. (Or whatever they call it now in 5th.)

Old 03-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

You just gotta remember to actually play your character.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #32
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Amen!

In related news, todays session was.... a bit uneventful. Having finally killed the guardian of the golden skull they were after during last week's session(an 11-headed pyrohydra), the group teleported back to the Triceratops lizardfolk village, and arranged a meeting between them and the drow settlement to broker a peace treaty.

Last week, they also found some nice swag in the rubbish pile of the gargoyles they had previously fought (who suspiciously resembled the Wyvern clan from Disney's Gargoyles) in the form of three wands (one of which had clearly been broken and mended at some previous point), an invisibility cloak, and a ring, as well as a large black pearl and a broken broom. The pearl was cursed, and of course the one who picked it up acquired the curse with it. The items were on the bodies of three dead mages, with red and gold robes monogramed with the initials HP, HG, and RW....