The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #8381
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, Utrom. To Too lose a pet is bad enough, but in such a horrible way.... There are no words.

Today's gear grind is dealing with the insanity that is drive through window. Especially when you have people too self-involved with phones or whatever to listen properly when you read back the order, and you end up paying out the wrong one because they just nod or say yes and hand you the card/cash. Or worse, it happens because two cars order, but when the first pulls up, only one order is on the screen because someone forgot to store the other. And then when the other car finally pulls up, and tries to pay, its the wrong one because it was never stored! And of course guess who gets blamed for the error. Never mind that if customers confirm the wrong one due to getting out of order in line and not listening, it's really their own fault if they end up paying for someone else's food. Even more so when there are two in a row that are almost exactly the same!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #8382
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And...having to stop them from chewing rocks.
Oh yes... Among the long list of reasons why dogs aren't for me. I mean, I get it, you're a dog, but even still, who does this?? (At least among most mammals.) lol (Okay, so cats can be obsessed with ribbon, etc, but at least that's easier to keep away from them.)

That and the sticks that the dog we used to have loved to break up into smaller pieces and chew on them. Now, I'm not much of a dog person and he belonged more to my father and sister, and the last thing I really wanted to do was have to stick my hand in his mouth... but he was lucky he was right in front of me the day he decided to start trying to gag on one of those stick pieces (prob a few inches long) and was able to get it out of the back of his mouth before he started choking on it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #8383
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I have to wait a week to see if I got that job, but I'm starting the countdown on my patience at the dog daycare. I'd rather be physically exhausted from work, rather than that and emotionally exhausted.

But one of my interviewers seemed to like some of my answers to their questions.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #8384
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

After quite a few sirens this morning and clearly something bad happened somewhere, found out now that an old house not far from me, one of the oldies in the area, had a really bad fire needing multiple fire companies to handle it. Sad to think of that oldie at that bend in the road being gone. And to make it worse a firefighter, a young guy in his 20s, fell through a floor and is now critically injured and taken to a burn center over in PA. One pet cat saved (amazing it even got out alive considering the photos of the house mid-fire), but a second is missing. Feel bad for the couple who lived there.

Supposedly it originated with their dryer... I guess they threw a load in and left for work and then all hell broke loose. Think I'll think twice about ever leaving a drying running home alone.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #8385
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Me: Wants to do things on my day off from work
Also me: Sleeps like a fvcking rock on my days off and wastes time doing that
Old 03-14-2019, 07:19 PM   #8386
Leo656
The Franchise

Car broke down on the way home. Wife being herself, aka "Huge festering c*nt sore". It never ends.

I tend to sleep through my days off, too. It's the only time I don't have to deal with bullsh*t and nonsense that isn't of my own making.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #8387
Leo656
The Franchise

Giving common-sense advice on social media is a f*cking waste of energy.

Friend makes a post about how unfortunate it is that women have to, y'know, NOT get blackout drunk, shouldn't walk alone after dark without mace, etc. etc., and just wishes "men were okay with not raping women" so none of that was necessary.

I kindly point out that while that would be nice, both men AND women should always follow that sort of common sense advice regardless, because people are sh*tty. I'm a dude, I've been held at knifepoint after dark. I always used to carry mace and/or a sharp. I've seen guys get dosed when they left their drink unattended. Common sense is common sense, genitalia aside.

I then get my sh*t jumped by a bunch of precious little candy-asses for "changing the subject" and "Aww, you poor MEN." Common sense is common sense, snowflakes.

Ideally, nobody would have to take steps to protect themselves but that's not how Real Life works. F*cking Christ.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #8388
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

try simply pointing out calmly that it MIGHT be possible that a big corporation like disney could fudge the numbers on a movie like captain marvel, so they can have one of the rare feminist wins....and boom. you get jumped on too.

even mentioning that you think the chances are slim it actually happened, but the possability it COULD have happened gets you mamed from head to toe.

oddly enough, I noticed some of the people defending disney not doing something under handed also like to trash trump constantly as an evil billionaire ;o). go figure.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #8389
Leo656
The Franchise

I very politely and respectfully pointed out that I'd like to see ALL human beings take steps to protect themselves because Bad Things Are Gonna Happen regardless, and the guy went RIGHT to personal insults and name-calling. F*ckin' guy doesn't even know me.

"JUST LEAVE IT AT MEN SHOULDN'T RAPE WOMEN!! DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE!!!"

What I said was, "Nobody should ever hurt anybody, but they're always gonna, so please, everyone use common sense and protect yourself." That's all I said. Apparently I'm just a terrible person for that.

I know I've said it before, but this generation coming up really sucks and I hope I die before I have to rely on them to take care of me in my old age.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:47 PM   #8390
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I very politely and respectfully pointed out that I'd like to see ALL human beings take steps to protect themselves because Bad Things Are Gonna Happen regardless, and the guy went RIGHT to personal insults and name-calling. F*ckin' guy doesn't even know me.

"JUST LEAVE IT AT MEN SHOULDN'T RAPE WOMEN!! DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE!!!"

What I said was, "Nobody should ever hurt anybody, but they're always gonna, so please, everyone use common sense and protect yourself." That's all I said. Apparently I'm just a terrible person for that.

I know I've said it before, but this generation coming up really sucks and I hope I die before I have to rely on them to take care of me in my old age.
It's rude to melt the snowflakes, Leo.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:51 PM   #8391
Leo656
The Franchise

FYI, this is WHY words like "snowflake", "Libtard", "SJW", "White Knight" and the like get tossed around. Because they're accurate as hell and well-earned.

"How DARE you make a broader, common-sense point about personal responsibility and public safety? We are TRYING to demonize MEN here, or weren't you paying attention?!?"

F*ckin' people. I'll also promise you this guy has never had a knife or gun drawn on him in his dumb-ass Okie life. But he knows better than me, who's seen both Some Things AND Some Stuff (and wouldn't recommend either).

Fer Chrissakes.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:39 AM   #8392
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I do see why that person got annoyed, though. You did basically pull a "Superman sucks, Batman is better cause he's just a guy and can kick Superman's ass" in a conversation about Superman's cultural importance and impact. Or a "Why is Raphie carrying swords uwu" comment on a Mirage Leonardo artwork.

It's a well used tactic among the "what about the mens" MRA's that love to derail conversations and discussions about women's safety and health, to do a "everyone goes through that" twist on the troll comments. It may not be your intent, but it may have been interpenetrated like that cause those types of MRAs pop up like freaking toadstools trying to get in their little zingers.

Same type of dudes that every single March 8th whine and bemoan "where is Men's National Day" "Why don't man have a special day?" It's November 19th by the way, but they don't care, they just wanna troll and poopoo on women.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #8393
Leo656
The Franchise

People should not project their own interpretation onto others' words regardless.

As is well-documented by now, my words say exactly what they mean, no more and no less, and I have a huuuuuuuuuge problem with people tacking on their own interpretation.

At least my friend, who started the thread in the first place, fully understood what I was trying to say. His friends, not so much, but that is what it is.

I also have a bit of a hair trigger when anyone assumes or implies that I'm "making light" of rape, because without getting too deep into it - because it's nobody's business - but a high number of close friends and family members have been raped. So if I tell someone, "Yeah, it'd be nice if you DIDN'T have to walk around with a can of mace after dark, but guess what, we all have to, girls and guys, because people are sh*tty and always will be," that's not making light of anything, that's pleading for common sense so that NOBODY gets hurt anywhere.

When people pull the "Be nice if we didn't have to ______" game, I get very annoyed. "Boy, I wish I didn't have to wear a helmet when I ride a bike. People just shouldn't run people over with their cars. Simple!" Yeah, except that world isn't ever gonna exist, so if you're not gonna take the bare minimum steps to be safe, well... sh*t happens.

I don't know. People put words in my mouth a whole lot and I really wish they'd listen more and "talk" less. And also that people wouldn't jump to insults over a misunderstanding.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #8394
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't know. People put words in my mouth a whole lot and I really wish they'd listen more and "talk" less. And also that people wouldn't jump to insults over a misunderstanding.
pretty much this.

that, and people have their own pre conceived blinders on and don't actually 'listen' to what you type 'say'. they just go through their pre conceived talking points and no matter how you phrase something, they will have a pre conceived talking point to match it.

this is the frustrating part of the internet these days. and we all do it sadly.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #8395
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

On the flip side though, if a GUY is the one reacting or commenting... well, there ARE also those sorts that don't want to hear it, that all people should protect their own butts, because they want to cling to some made up belief they have about their pretend invincibility and that being male means things can't happen to him -- of which reminding him to watch his own ass may risk touching insecurities by reminding him that he is in fact not Superman -- and is very possibility the sort that likes to view women however as quite vulnerable, weak, and incapable... Anything to feel more manly and better than those women who should watch what they're doing because they're weak people, unlike him.

Grind... Customers who insist on opening packaging they really have no need to open and effing up the product they're not going to buy.

I am fortunate that my company's section at the local Walmart is small and is just stationary. (No greeting cards, save for a tiny bit of special ones we had for Christmas, as that is our competitor's department. I've come to learn that they and us split Walmart 50/50 for who has cards there -- they get half of the Walmart stores in the country and we get the other half -- and thank god I DON'T have to handle any of that in this store!)

We have a few large pack/box of assorted color note cards and envelops. In several months I've probably seen just one sell, so they don't move much. Clear package, plain one color each, no print, made of paper which most normal humans are familiar with...no reason to open it really.

So I get in there to service my department today, and what did some jackwit do sometime between last Tues and today? Completely dump out and mix up one entire box of it, all but one little gray envelop that remained in the packaging. All the rest was laying there piled up, spread around and shoved on top of the rest of the other product right there.

Just what the hell... WHAT WAS THIS NECESSARY TO DO.

Not quite as bad as the brat who ruined some of our Christmas ornaments with silly string -- god damn that stuff becomes permanent on them when it dries! -- but it's a close second.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-19-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:28 PM   #8396
Leo656
The Franchise

I've been held at knifepoint and I've seen dudes get their drinks dosed when they took their hand off of it (at least they only had penises drawn on their faces and/or their eyebrows shaved off). Bad Sh*t Happens and it happens twice as often when people don't protect themselves. YES, the stakes are generally higher for women, absolutely. Yes, it would be great if it wasn't the way it is (and was, and Always Has Been), but saying "Boy, I wish nobody had to ____" isn't really in service of anything. We ALL wish that. It goes entirely without saying. "I shouldn't have to______" or "I WISH we didn't have to _____" is not "helping" anything.

If wishes were horses, we all would ride. Pining for a better world that's never going to exist isn't productive. Reinforcing common sense IS productive. It's frustrating to say out loud, "I'm looking out for EVERYONE'S best interests," and to be accused of somehow "attacking" someone.

There's nothing wrong at all with saying, "I agree, I wish it wasn't like that. But it is, so don't forget to bring a towel." Maybe nobody wants to hear it, but hey, if more people listened, well... it is what it is.

I genuinely just want what's best for everyone and having my motives questioned really sucks, is all.
---------------

Does your store have a camera system that could identify this person, Indigo? Because it seems like there should be some kind of repercussions there. I don't think you're allowed to just do that.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:02 PM   #8397
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Unfortunately, I don't work for the store, I'm just a vendor who goes in, grabs my shipments, does my thing, and gets to leave.

If I ever have extra time on the clock I might try to sort that box out and get it back on the shelf. Most stuff they ruin just gets credited out, but that one might be salvageable. Though I now feel like sealing them all shut with tough packing tape... (edit: Granted they could have stolen some for all I know, and do I really want to count that many...)

Things like the silly string I have mentioned to my supervisor, on the chance she ever feels like having a chat with a manger at that store about it. Fortunately, it hasn't happened for a while, but having already been a shopper there for years I'd been noticing the silly string now and then for a long time. They need to lock that damn stuff up and people need to keep control of their stupid kids who are acting like that.

That store really aught to keep a better eye out in general though. Every weekly visit I'm always finding stuff shoved in there that isn't even mine. Half of it people just changed their mind and rudely stuck it in there... the rest is packaging from stolen stuff. I just gather it all up and put it aside elsewhere someplace a store employee will find it.

On the other hand, being able say "Sorry, I don't work for the store," is one of the best parts of the job. lol
Old 03-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #8398
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

think it's time to cut ties with a certain .org site.

Who would have thought that this place would wind up being the more sane of the two over time .

All I did was suggest that disney may have padded ticket sales for captain marvel in the beginning, due to movies with a SJW slant not doing all that great. and wow boy, did the happy people come out of the wood work.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #8399
snake
Disgusting

Are you talking about 4chan? The padded ticket sales theory is commonly discussed there, even if ironically.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #8400
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

nope. not going to out the site.

but those in the know know can probably guess.

The level of anti conspiracy talk got so weird, that if it happened on THIS forum, andrew would be bringing out the disney plant joke at about this time . that's how bad it got