The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2016, 12:48 AM   #21
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The government will gladly take any freedoms we surrender. The Patriot Act is a pretty hilarious thing. "YES! Sign it, ratify it! Protect us!" "Okay!" and then years later, Snowden and all that and the expose, "WHAT?? Why are they doing that??? WHY???" Because you f***ing let them, you nit. Stop doing that.
See, we'd get along great next to the smoking thing!!

Red bandanas. 2nd amendment.Mirage Turtles are boss... Haha
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:50 AM   #22
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,580
That Mom's demand group... Wants to ban ALL guns... Because bad guys...
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:57 AM   #23
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Funny I was just thinking of this today. There was an episode of What Would You Do? (hidden cam show) where a dad was buying a gun for his kid as the setup and there was actually some people defending it him.

I was surprised some said teaching a kid to fire a gun was a good idea and have purchased them for their kids. Like the lower grade ones. Assuming the show is genuine, which I believe so (regaurdless I'm sure there are people like this in real life).

I'm not against guns but other than like collecting or hunting (which I don't do anyway) I see so no legitimate reason for a civilian to have or be carrying around a gun. In my opinion its just arrogant.

I can kinda see as a self-defense thing in your home for a worst case scenario but even then...you should just try to get out. Not face an intruder.

There were commercials last year I think for small handguns that were all "be prepared" "have the confidence" something like that. One had a girl who thought someone was breaking in so she went and got her gun. The ad made no effort to say the obvious...call 911.

Just carrying around a gun is so arrogant imo. Like ooh look at you

If you need to carry around a gun you're either...full of yourself or have gotten yourself into one bad situation.
So you feel you are only allowed to protect yourself if you are home? Someone mugs you and whatever, because you were getting groceries? Or stopped for gas at the 711?

That's being a victim. Being unprepared. You currently have the right to be able to defend yourself. It's freeing to be able to do it.

You protect your family. Your friends. If you are married, it's kind of an obligation for you to protect your spouse as far as I'm concerned. If you love someone, shouldn't you do ALL that's in your power to do in order to protect them? I know I would... Granted I don't have too many people in my life but there are a few I'd even die for.
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:57 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
It is pretty terrible for you....
So is reality TV. So is fast food. Doesn't mean it needs to be stamped out over legislatured out of existance (as much as I'd like to see that happen).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:01 AM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
See, we'd get along great next to the smoking thing!!

Red bandanas. 2nd amendment.Mirage Turtles are boss... Haha
All right, get me a pack of Camel Platinums and we're cool.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:03 AM   #26
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So is reality TV. So is fast food. Doesn't mean it needs to be stamped out over legislatured out of existance (as much as I'd like to see that happen).
Ah but bad tv and frozen dinners don't directly involved the person next to them unless they're eating and watching too. With smoking. I could be across the room and a wiff of it puts me down. Eyes get irritated, throat closes up a bit. Csnt breathe or see well. Migraine sets in... My day is done. Lol

I'm fine if folks want to smoke but there has to be a way to be respectful of the people who don't want to be around it or near people doing it. And we live in an entitled age. "Please don't smoke nesr my kids" (or in this case, my sisters) was greeted with "f*ck off, I'll smoke where I damned well please!" even though the guy was in a park, with signs posted no smoking in the public park...

My last employer initiated a zero tolerance policy for no smoking on company grounds and people still tried to sneak smokes in their cars and behind the building and whatnot...
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:13 AM   #27
Wildcat
Mad Scientist
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Have you ever had to call 911 and wait for the cops to get there? In Minnesota, a good guy with a gun shot the aloha snack bar yelling muslim that had been standing people... Im sure the next guy in line was grateful the good guy with the gun was around.

When it an emergency situation, I would much rather been seen as arrogant for carrying my self defense weapon on my hip than be found dead on the ground when the cops shoe up.

Are you afraid of guns? I grew up in scouts. We learned first BB guns. It was along with cooking, one of the things I most enjoyed about the program. In my teens, I got out of scouts and didn't shoot another gun until about Ren years ago... I actually was nervous and haven't shot since but like I said, I carry now and am getting ready to take a class. I'm the first line of defense to protect myself and anyone around me. I'm responsible for my well-being... Its like eating better...that's on me. Protecting myself is on me.

It has nothing to do with being arrogant. Or even being weak. Or trying to show off. I dont open carry, but i support the right to do that as well... I just don't recommend it if the person is alone.
(I'll just quote your first reply to me) No I've personally never had to call 911. I know it takes time for them arrive. That's why I said if someone is intruding you should focus on getting out, not confronting. The criminal probably has a gun too.

I just find it dumb that some people, and like those ads, portrayed carrying around a gun as some ultimate protection. Imo in a bad situation you're first instinct should be to get away. Carrying around a gun won't mean much if you're totally out numbered or some mass emergency happens.

I'm not afraid of guns. I've thought about learning to fire one just for fun. Ya know like at range or something. I've never had the desire to own a gun though.

Im not against owning them. I know some people like hunting and collecting them. Like military buffs or hobbyist.

I'm more against just carrying them around for the sake of it. It seems more like a false sense of security to me. Paranoia or thinking you'd be able to win a fight. I don't think it's that easy to just shoot someone.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:30 AM   #28
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
(I'll just quote your first reply to me) No I've personally never had to call 911. I know it takes time for them arrive. That's why I said if someone is intruding you should focus on getting out, not confronting. The criminal probably has a gun too.

I just find it dumb that some people, and like those ads, portrayed carrying around a gun as some ultimate protection. Imo in a bad situation you're first instinct should be to get away. Carrying around a gun won't mean much if you're totally out numbered or some mass emergency happens.

I'm not afraid of guns. I've thought about learning to fire one just for fun. Ya know like at range or something. I've never had the desire to own a gun though.

Im not against owning them. I know some people like hunting and collecting them. Like military buffs or hobbyist.

I'm more against just carrying them around for the sake of it. It seems more like a false sense of security to me. Paranoia or thinking you'd be able to win a fight. I don't think it's that easy to just shoot someone.
I'd hate to have to shoot anyone but I'd like that option if someone is threatening me or someone I care about. Leaving/running should probably be the first thing, but what if you are cornered? The criminal breaks into you third story apartment and is between you and the room with the emergency escape ladder? Hide? Jump? Or because you know your place, fire off a round in the criminals direction... they're likely to run and not confront you if you're shooting at them (just don't chase them down...)

I'm not paranoid at all. I don't feel safer so to speak with it. It just changes the threat level. Due to my tumor, I am physically weaker than a dude my age and height should be... if someone wanted my valuables, I wouldn't have much to give them beyond a credit card and my license.

On the flip side, I don't see much point in collecting guns... I don't need a multitude... a few different ones maybe but not too many.

What I've learned is that you need to be aware of your surroundings and if you decide to fight, you best be prepared for the worst outcome. Also, not getting shot by cops because you have your gun out...

We had a fox in the backyard the other night, didn't know it was a fox when I heard what sounded like "help me" coming from beyond the fenced in poold area... I grabbed and loaded my gun and was out back before I knew what I was doing. Thankfully the guy next door had his rifle and a better flashlight and saw what it was... I was ready to help if it had been a person coming out of the woods but I wasn't about to go INTO the woods... lol.
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:55 AM   #29
Wildcat
Mad Scientist
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I'd hate to have to shoot anyone but I'd like that option if someone is threatening me or someone I care about. Leaving/running should probably be the first thing, but what if you are cornered? The criminal breaks into you third story apartment and is between you and the room with the emergency escape ladder? Hide? Jump? Or because you know your place, fire off a round in the criminals direction... they're likely to run and not confront you if you're shooting at them (just don't chase them down...)

I'm not paranoid at all. I don't feel safer so to speak with it. It just changes the threat level. Due to my tumor, I am physically weaker than a dude my age and height should be... if someone wanted my valuables, I wouldn't have much to give them beyond a credit card and my license.

On the flip side, I don't see much point in collecting guns... I don't need a multitude... a few different ones maybe but not too many.

What I've learned is that you need to be aware of your surroundings and if you decide to fight, you best be prepared for the worst outcome. Also, not getting shot by cops because you have your gun out...

We had a fox in the backyard the other night, didn't know it was a fox when I heard what sounded like "help me" coming from beyond the fenced in poold area... I grabbed and loaded my gun and was out back before I knew what I was doing. Thankfully the guy next door had his rifle and a better flashlight and saw what it was... I was ready to help if it had been a person coming out of the woods but I wasn't about to go INTO the woods... lol.
Some people collect guns like from different eras and such. Vintage to modern or whatever the reasoning like with anything else I guess.

I know danger can arise anytime. I'd rather carry something that was non-lethal if I really had too. Aside from not wanting to shoot someone I wouldn't want to be responsible for some accident. There's other ways to protect yourself.

It's nothing personal. I just find carrying a gun paints a bad picture. Even if it's just for protection it comes off as false sense of security to me.

Like the fox thing. If either person fired thinking they were being attacked someone could have gotten shot by accident.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 AM   #30
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,524
I hunt, but with a bow. Animals don't have guns. Should be semi fair. Plus I love venison. We were so poor when I was young, venison was thd only meat we had sometimes.

I've been shot. There is a thread about it here somewhere in the archives. I prefer if guns are available for appropriately screened folks. Not automatic or semi automatic or military grade crap. Handguns and hunting rifles are ok.

I do not trust the average joe schmo to responsibly carry guns around in public because they're paranoid about criminals or terrorists. I don't want guns anywhere where some John Wayne decides he doesn't like the way something looks and shoots first and asks questions later.

Before my dad died he was getting paranoid because of ammonia build up in his brain. He wanted a gun so bad so he could "protect" us from "them". We didn't know he was really sick at the time. I guarantee that if he had gotten a gun, and he would have passed the background check, he would have shot my mom or brother or someone.

Guns ard ok if handled responsibly and not in the hands of crazy paranoid folks arming themselves to fight the government or a "them"
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
I totally support the Second Amendment and feel we have the right to keep and bear arms. But I agree with Katie that there should be a limit and that we need to make sure that no crazy people get their hands on the guns because that's where all our problems are coming from.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #32
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
I don't have a problem with the Second Amendment, though I wish more people paid attention to the "well regulated" clause.

Someday I'd like to learn how to shoot one, much the same way I would like to learn how to drive a standard transmission. That said, I would never own one nor would I ever keep one in my home. Statistics are not on my side in that regard.

I don't have a problem with people owning guns, but I agree with Chris Rock that bullets should be hard to get. I don't think it's a bad idea to require gun owners to carry Insurance either. Something to protect themselves should something go wrong. Friendly fire is a thing that happens.

So in short, I view guns much the same way I view cigarettes: They are a public health hazard that adults should be able to mitigate on their own.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 09-20-2016 at 08:37 AM.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:35 AM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
...
Holy $hit, man, USE THE DAMN MULTIQUOTE!!!

...

I, too, am in favor of this right.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:55 AM   #34
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Holy $hit, man, USE THE DAMN MULTIQUOTE!!!

...

I, too, am in favor of this right.
I haven't figured out the mutliquote and its not mobile friendly... Do you know how difficult typing all this out on a phone is??

Crazy... Like shouldn't own a gun crazy...


But that's not the point.
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I haven't figured out the mutliquote and its not mobile friendly... Do you know how difficult typing all this out on a phone is??

Crazy... Like shouldn't own a gun crazy...


But that's not the point.
When 75% of all comments in a thread are you single multi-quoting, yeah, I'm a little irritated.

And yeah, I'm crazy. Strip me of my rights, browski. Constitutional rights don't apply to assholes, right?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #36
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,800
Multiquote exists, people.

I am indifferent to the second amendment. If people wanna have guns, cool. If they wanna get rid of them, cool.

Edit: wooops, forgot to refresh this page before replying. Long name beat me to it.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #37
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
When 75% of all comments in a thread are you single multi-quoting, yeah, I'm a little irritated.

And yeah, I'm crazy. Strip me of my rights, browski. Constitutional rights don't apply to assholes, right?
Actually I wasn't trying to be mean with that... I was trying to joke that I had just learned/seen the multi quote thing and state that I don't know how to actually use that, because I haven't used it (obviously)...

Wasn't looking to offend. Just joke.
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I don't think it's a bad idea to require gun owners to carry Insurance either.
Terrible, ghastly idea. It can't be a constitutional right you have to pay money every month to exercise. Especially when, in reality, it's just because you happen to own a gun that's legal for you to do so sitting in your gun locker that you take out maybe once, twice a year, if that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:17 AM   #39
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Terrible, ghastly idea. It can't be a constitutional right you have to pay money every month to exercise. Especially when, in reality, it's just because you happen to own a gun that's legal for you to do so sitting in your gun locker that you take out maybe once, twice a year, if that.
That's a good point.
I'm curious, do homeowners who have firearms have to declare that on any homeowner's insurance policy, much the same way some policies require the declaration of "bully breeds?"

Seriously, I'm just looking out for the Good Guy With The Gun who accidentally shoots an innocent bystander. Because I can tell you right now, I'm suing the ever living bajebus out of anyone who shoots me, either intentionally or not. Medical consts are high, and even people with insurance have to declare bankruptcy to cover them sometimes. You'd better believe I'm not footing that bill alone.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:37 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That's a good point.
I'm curious, do homeowners who have firearms have to declare that on any homeowner's insurance policy, much the same way some policies require the declaration of "bully breeds?"
No. But that's not quite apples to apples. My pitbull just might one day get a wild hair up his ass enough to dig an El Chapo-esque tunnel under the backyard fence and maul a couple of passing mormons... my gun, however, has no chance of spontaneously loading itself and spraying bullets around one day from within its locker.

I don't own a pitbull, by the way, and would never. I do have 5 pugs, however.

Quote:
Seriously, I'm just looking out for the Good Guy With The Gun who accidentally shoots an innocent bystander. Because I can tell you right now, I'm suing the ever living bajebus out of anyone who shoots me, either intentionally or not.
Which you can do. I'd sue, too.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
confirmation bias, government protect me, kill all men, take away my rights plz, the constitution rocks, victim cafe

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.