The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,095
Wishing death on people and celebrating their death

Some people have enemies or have people they absolutely hate and wish they just dropped dead. And there's occasions where someone's death, like Bin Laden's or Margaret Thatcher's, for instance, was celebrated by many people in USA and the UK, respectively.

What's your stance on this? I notice there's a big divide when it comes to this. A lot of people will just wish death upon criminals, some politicians and dictators. But many others just refuse to do that and think it's immoral to do that, let alone celebrate someone else's death.

Personally, I don't hate anyone to the point of wishing death on them, but can't say I shed a single tear when I heard about Fidel Castro dying, for example. Or Bin Laden. Or Saddam. Less bad people in the world is always a good thing, but eventually those bad people will be replaced by others who are just as bad or worse.

Celebrating death is just something I could never do. Hearing about someone dying is never a pleasant thing.

But, on the other hand, I think people should be honest with themselves and not be hypocritical. If someone you hate dies, no need to act all PC just to save face. Say whatever's in your heart at the time.

Thoughts?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #2
Stephen
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Some people have enemies or have people they absolutely hate and wish they just dropped dead. And there's occasions where someone's death, like Bin Laden's or Margaret Thatcher's, for instance, was celebrated by many people in USA and the UK, respectively.
The street parties for Thatcher were generally considered to be in bad taste, even condemned by a former Prime Minister of a rival party.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22080238
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,498
While I do not believe that it is good to get emotional over death on either extreme, I do agree with you that people should be honest with themselves regarding how they feel.

One example for me was my uncle, who was a drug addict who took advantage of my grandparents' kindness.

I did not like him as a person, and did not mourn at all when he was found dead in his apartment due to a drug overdose, because I always thought he was better off dead.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors.
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-04-2019 at 03:52 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,361
when Mitch Mcconnell is 6 feet under I will be celebrating. He is a worthless spinless human being who has screwed the American People more times than I can count. I won't be PC about it
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
Voltron
Ableist
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Realm of SJW
Posts: 4,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
when Mitch Mcconnell is 6 feet under I will be celebrating. He is a worthless spinless human being who has screwed the American People more times than I can count. I won't be PC about it
Amen to that.

Some people are an outright blight upon humanity, and when they go, there's no shame in feeling some relief or even joy.

When bin Laden got shot, I was thrilled. The guy was the definition of worthless. He orchestrated the murder of thousands of people, some of which were children, at the expense of his own comrades. Then he spent the rest of his life hiding from the war he started. The world is a far worse place today because of him. Good riddance.

No exaggeration: I cheered, then went outside and danced.
__________________
I AM FOR ACTUAL! . . . and the White Savior.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,495
I've never had a problem with it. I've been "fortunate" enough to know some extremely terrible people. My general philosophy is, if you're actively making life miserable for at least one other person - not accidentally or obliviously, but you are well aware that your actions are causing harm to other people and you simply don't give a sh*t - then you're taking up space and need to be taken off the board.

Example: When my parents split up, each of them picked horrible, worthless people as new partners. My mother chose a scumbag heroin addict who she'd been f*cking on the sly for a while; she wasn't big on the drug before that -she was typically a cocaine, alcohol and pill enthusiast - but once she was with him she became a full-blow addict and died within a year. In between keeping her doped up, he'd often get violent and abusive. The day she died, evidence suggests that he gave her the drugs, saw her overdose, panicked, went to work, came home early after about two or three hours, "found" her, and THEN called 911, by which point it was far too late.

It took everything I had not to end him after that, but I did tell him to his face, openly and repeatedly, "I can't wait for you to die." Which he did, eventually. I didn't get the full details, but at some point he dropped dead and I was glad.

My father made a similar mistake, and started tomcatting around with a rotating circle of crackheads and junkies. One of them physically attacked both me and my wife on numerous occasions, to which the police refused to intervene on the grounds of it happened in my father's apartment, and thus, "If he says it's okay then there's nothing we can do", which is bullsh*t but frankly, the cops were called to that place I don't know how many hundreds of times, I'm not surprised that at some point they just gave up. The final straw came one day when I was at work, and my wife was in our bedroom with the door locked, and Dad's girlfriend allegedly started banging on the door making threats. When my wife tried to go to the bathroom, the crazy bitch attacked her; they trashed the entire room, and at some point my wife managed to slash her across the face with a 13-inch ceremonial dagger, sending her to the hospital with stitches. I came home from work to discover all this; the cops did their job, but all the while were laughing about how "Somebody finally gave that crazy bitch what she deserved". We argued it down to a fine, but I told the bitch to her face, "If I was home and you pulled this sh*t, you probably wouldn't be standing here." She died a couple years later; again, I didn't get the full story, but I was glad.

There's been several others - so far, my track record is pretty good at this! - but those two always jump out at me whenever anyone asks this kind of thing. I forget who coined the phrase, but the truth is, "If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't MET 'everyone'."

I don't believe human life has an intrinsic value. I believe whatever value you have is earned through your actions, deeds, and intentions, and you can "win" or "lose" points as you go along. Some people are absolutely worthless; I don't think it makes anyone a bad person for wanting those people out of the way. They're doing no good on this Earth and are actively making life worse for many others.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #7
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
when Mitch Mcconnell is 6 feet under I will be celebrating. He is a worthless spinless human being who has screwed the American People more times than I can count. I won't be PC about it
The bad thing is..... He was probably an upgrade over John Boehner
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
While I do not believe that it is good to get emotional over death on either extreme, I do agree with you that people should be honest with themselves regarding how they feel.

One example for me was my uncle, who was a drug addict who took advantage of my grandparents' kindness.

I did not like him as a person, and did not mourn at all when he was found dead in his apartment due to a drug overdose, because I always thought he was better off dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I've never had a problem with it. I've been "fortunate" enough to know some extremely terrible people. My general philosophy is, if you're actively making life miserable for at least one other person - not accidentally or obliviously, but you are well aware that your actions are causing harm to other people and you simply don't give a sh*t - then you're taking up space and need to be taken off the board.

Example: When my parents split up, each of them picked horrible, worthless people as new partners. My mother chose a scumbag heroin addict who she'd been f*cking on the sly for a while; she wasn't big on the drug before that -she was typically a cocaine, alcohol and pill enthusiast - but once she was with him she became a full-blow addict and died within a year. In between keeping her doped up, he'd often get violent and abusive. The day she died, evidence suggests that he gave her the drugs, saw her overdose, panicked, went to work, came home early after about two or three hours, "found" her, and THEN called 911, by which point it was far too late.

It took everything I had not to end him after that, but I did tell him to his face, openly and repeatedly, "I can't wait for you to die." Which he did, eventually. I didn't get the full details, but at some point he dropped dead and I was glad.

My father made a similar mistake, and started tomcatting around with a rotating circle of crackheads and junkies. One of them physically attacked both me and my wife on numerous occasions, to which the police refused to intervene on the grounds of it happened in my father's apartment, and thus, "If he says it's okay then there's nothing we can do", which is bullsh*t but frankly, the cops were called to that place I don't know how many hundreds of times, I'm not surprised that at some point they just gave up. The final straw came one day when I was at work, and my wife was in our bedroom with the door locked, and Dad's girlfriend allegedly started banging on the door making threats. When my wife tried to go to the bathroom, the crazy bitch attacked her; they trashed the entire room, and at some point my wife managed to slash her across the face with a 13-inch ceremonial dagger, sending her to the hospital with stitches. I came home from work to discover all this; the cops did their job, but all the while were laughing about how "Somebody finally gave that crazy bitch what she deserved". We argued it down to a fine, but I told the bitch to her face, "If I was home and you pulled this sh*t, you probably wouldn't be standing here." She died a couple years later; again, I didn't get the full story, but I was glad.

There's been several others - so far, my track record is pretty good at this! - but those two always jump out at me whenever anyone asks this kind of thing. I forget who coined the phrase, but the truth is, "If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't MET 'everyone'."

I don't believe human life has an intrinsic value. I believe whatever value you have is earned through your actions, deeds, and intentions, and you can "win" or "lose" points as you go along. Some people are absolutely worthless; I don't think it makes anyone a bad person for wanting those people out of the way. They're doing no good on this Earth and are actively making life worse for many others.
I understand. I was fortunate enough not to have any abusive family members, so when some of my oldest relatives died I didn't feel relieved or happy about it. Didn't cry either, but that's because I simply wasn't that close to them or because they were already quite old and and unhealthy at the time they died, so it didn't come across as a shock/surprise.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #9
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 8,826
Fidel Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Fidel Castro
Fidel Castro was a dictator, but was his government really that horrible by (non-democratic standards)?
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 04-02-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #10
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 789
I am a American, and I didn't have any tears shed for Bin Laden. 9-11.
I recall in 1989 there were Ted Bundy parties. But I was real little and really had no ideal who Ted Bundy was lol. Was it his birthday? As I got older, I know it was a party for his execution.

Margaret Thatcher, I never know why she got the hate she got. She was into politics, So there is always bad and good in regards to that. But just to out right hate her?
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:20 PM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,943
So we're just lumping Bin Laden in with Thatcher? This is a thing we do?

Seems a little wack to me, but okay.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #12
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So we're just lumping Bin Laden in with Thatcher? This is a thing we do?

Seems a little wack to me, but okay.
I didn't do it, but the parties did. I was pretty stump myself why people were celebrating her death.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:30 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So we're just lumping Bin Laden in with Thatcher? This is a thing we do?

Seems a little wack to me, but okay.
Not that I was comparing them per se. it's just that they're literally the first two rather modern examples of people whose deaths were heavily celebrated by a considerable amount of people that I could think of.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:44 AM   #14
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,176
I got it, but that's because I'm British and was alive and old enough to understand what happened at the time for people to have such hate for Thatcher. The problem for me was not what she did (it needed doing, the mines were failing and losing money hand over fist) but the way it was executed. Culminating in a year long strike that benefited no one in the end. But to some people, just closing the mines was treachery, and those people are sadly deluded imo. It didn't prevent "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" from reaching #2 in the charts as a result as people used the power of the song to celebrate her death.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #15
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,361
add to the list that bitch Kirstjen Nielsen who is resigning. What a ****ing asshole I'll celebrate when she drops dead
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
add to the list that bitch Kirstjen Nielsen who is resigning. What a ****ing asshole I'll celebrate when she drops dead
What bad things did she do to deserve that?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #17
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,970
If we're talking about dancing on people's graves, I'd like to nominate my stepdud. Will seriously drink a bottle of vodka to celebrate, and then piss on his grave when he is gone. Probbably tea bag it, too. He's a despicable, piss-poor excuse for a human being, and deserves to go fv*k himself with a tree branch wrapped in rusty razorwire. And then give himself an enima with Draino.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #18
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,930
walked by a newspaper stand at the store and saw a big huge headline 'trump cleared'. oddly enough, with some people on here, this thread came to mind

as for death, I'd never wish anyone harm, or dance on their grave. no good comes of that. but, some people I think are happier/better off dead if they've lived a tortured life. michael jacksons poor soul comes to mind.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.