The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-04-2017, 02:03 AM   #41
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Exactly, how many times does Batman, Harley and Deadpool appear in a single month if you count every single comic they cameo in?

I feel half of DC comics appearing per month is Batman related, especially if you count Birds of Prey, Teen Titans and anything Harley/Suicide Squad.
Just in April for Batman, let's see here:
  1. Batman
  2. All Star Batman
  3. Batman The Shadow
  4. Batman Beyond (Yes, I know it's Terry and not Bruce but it's still Batman)
  5. Batman 66 Meets Wonder Woman 77
  6. Detective Comics
  7. Justice League
  8. Justice League of America
I know some of these are non-canon, I don't know about guest appearances, I don't know if Batman is part of any other team and I don't know for sure if Batman appears in both JL books (I don't follow any of these). It still gives us roughly two issues each week starring Batman to some capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I wouldn't want the TMNT to fall into the hands of Disney or Time Warner. I know that, in theory, the TMNT belonging to a larger company would make it easier to market them and possibly there be more movies, comics, cartoons, action figures, etc. of them in the future, but the TMNT are not bigger than Batman, Spider-man, Star Wars, Mickey, Bugs Bunny and the likes; so I doubt they'd be given much priority.

Also, not being a fan of DC and Marvel I really have no interest in seeing the Turtles fighting against or alongside characters like Hulk, Spider-Man and the likes.
That's a pretty realistic concern, yes. There's a high probability all you'd get under them are comic reprints (albeit high quality omnibus reprints).
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #42
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Didn't Marvel approach E&L early on about buying the property? I know E&L pitched a Daredevil crossover, but I seem to remember reading something about Marvel approaching them.

d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #43
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Didn't Marvel approach E&L early on about buying the property? I know E&L pitched a Daredevil crossover, but I seem to remember reading something about Marvel approaching them.

http://i.imgur.com/xJnWUsb.jpg?1
I've heard that too, but never found a source. Can anyone step in?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #44
neatoman
Emperor

Well, this is what I get out of searching the Ask PL blog posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Laird
I know Kevin and I talked at various times about how fun it would be to do stories featuring some of our favorite Marvel and/or DC characters with the Turtles, but I don't think it ever went beyond that. But I do have a vague memory about Steve Murphy looking into doing a Spider-Man crossover.

As for why Marvel might be interested in such a thing?

Let's see... fun, publicity, money. How's that?

Of course, I have no idea if they ever were interested. It's quite possible they were not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Laird
I'm not going to name names, but at least two large companies approached Mirage with offers to buy the TMNT property. One was actually a reasonable deal, considering WHEN it happened... but Kevin (who was still half owner at that time) and I just weren't ready to sell. The second offer was for roughly one-twentieth what Viacom paid, so that was just ridiculous, and was rejected.

No, as far as I know, Disney never approached us. If they had, and the price was right, I would have been happy to sell to them. -- PL.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot..../ask-pl-6.html
Hahahaha!
Old 06-04-2017, 11:38 PM   #45
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

From Kevin's 1998 interview with the Comics Journal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Eastman
So when I finished work that summer, Pete said, “Come on. Move in. We’ll form a little studio, and try and sell our work together.” At that time, we weren’t thinking self-publishing; we were going to sell things to Marvel or DC. Pacific Comics was just starting up, Capital Comics the same, and there were a few other people publishing, so we thought we had lots of options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Eastman
You see, the Turtles could have taken a very, very wrong turn if we had been less savvy. There was a time early on, Peter David, and Archie Goodwin took a meeting with Pete and I to consider bringing the Turtles in-house at Marvel. Which, you know, there’s still that boyhood fantasy thing inside us that was like, “Marvel! WOW!” And even though we knew ****ing better we still went down to the meeting. They said, “Well, you know, we’ll put it in our Epic line, really glossy covers, full color, very slick, we’ll give you an editor, and of course we’d want 50 percent of the profits, and the merchandising.” We were just like, “**** that.” But, if that offer had happened really early on, it’s entirely possible that the Turtles would have been another big profit center for Marvel to make millions and millions of dollars on, or perhaps they would have ****ed that up, too, who knows.
http://www.tcj.com/the-kevin-eastman-interview-part-i/

http://www.tcj.com/the-kevin-eastman...view-part-i/2/

Sad to think Marvel and DC would have given Rick Veitch a better deal for his TMNT work than Viacom/Nick offered.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:48 AM   #46
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Justice League of America

Isn't Justice League and Justice League of America the same?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #47
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
They were labeled as different books, so I guess not in this case?
Hahahaha!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #48
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post

http://i.imgur.com/xJnWUsb.jpg?1
Great artwork at least.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #49
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Exactly, how many times does Batman, Harley and Deadpool appear in a single month if you count every single comic they cameo in?

I feel half of DC comics appearing per month is Batman related, especially if you count Birds of Prey, Teen Titans and anything Harley/Suicide Squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Just in April for Batman, let's see here:
  1. Batman
  2. All Star Batman
  3. Batman The Shadow
  4. Batman Beyond (Yes, I know it's Terry and not Bruce but it's still Batman)
  5. Batman 66 Meets Wonder Woman 77
  6. Detective Comics
  7. Justice League
  8. Justice League of America
I know some of these are non-canon, I don't know about guest appearances, I don't know if Batman is part of any other team and I don't know for sure if Batman appears in both JL books (I don't follow any of these). It still gives us roughly two issues each week starring Batman to some capacity.
shake that money tree
and do the cash grab dance

ch-CHA ch-CHAAA CH'YAAAAAA CH'YYYAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Old 06-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
No. Two different teams. I dont know the members but i know the regular JL has Bats, Supes and Wondie.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #51
Overlord

Superfriends

Quote:
No. Two different teams. I dont know the members but i know the regular JL has Bats, Supes and Wondie.
I used to watch a Justice League cartoon called "Superfriends". It was Superman, Batman and Robin, Wonderwoman, Aquaman, Supertwins Zan, Jayna with their monkey Gleek and some more.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #52
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I lose track but do they do JSA comics as well. I remember at one point JSA and JLA comics at once?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote