The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 12:35 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S1 EP17a/EP18b - Portal Jacked!/Sparring Partner

Airing Today

17a - Portal Jacked!
Leo loses his brothers in a portal and must venture to the mystic Hidden City to save them.

Airing next week

18b - Sparring Partner
Raph becomes friends with a new sparring partner and must keep it secret from his brothers, who don't like the guy.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I'm not going to lie for a second, this show is really silly and has grown on me.
I laughed out loud at Leo walking into the pole today wearing two eyepatches.
I love the art style and the animation flows so wonderfully.
My only gripes now are Splinter being a total jerk to the boys and that each episode is way too short.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well the skeleton pirate makes sense now...but the all-skin sibling was...interesting. For a moment I thought it might have been that they were once one person having become two, over some kind of inner conflict or whatever. (Might have made for an interesting plot later trying to remedy that.)

Nice to actually see a sorta Leo centric one, just wish he'd done it alone instead of being played like a halfwit that can't figure his way through it and actually learn something about this mystic place (and himself) that I had hoped we'd finally learn a little more about beyond "has a pirate area." Was a bit too much the bone guy's ep with Leo tagging along.

I kinda figured his brothers were actually off someplace nice though. Just wish it had been longer, giving them time to actually find each other rather than just falling back through another portal at random.

But wow, they did not give thought for even a second over Leo possibly freaking out at them going missing. This bunch of Turtles, I dunno. lol

Honestly, my only real takeaway from this one is that I'd totally buy a Pirate Leo figure, IF they do it right.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-06-2019 at 01:31 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
matteso586
Stone Warrior

I wonder how Raph, Donnie, and Mikey handled being in Tahiti without being seen by humans.

Leo clearly still has no idea how the sword works.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
My only gripes now are Splinter being a total jerk to the boys and that each episode is way too short.
like I said in another thread. Splinter is a lazy fat ass and a negligent father. Its such a shame we go from the amazing Hoon Lee Splinter to this abomination.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:09 PM   #6
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Ok so I finally saw the episode, I loved Leo's characterization in it but like what was said previously wish it was more Leo focused I was really hoping for more leader like abilities to be shown but he did pretty good either way and we did see some. He needs more confidence poor Leo I mean he has all the capabilities of being leader, could be as smart as Donnie and an even better leader than Raph he just doesn't see it yet here's hoping for the season final
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Raphenstein's paper monster.

"Eh" on the start and end of it... middle was pretty decent. But damn that foot recruit girl is (still) annoying. Geezus, calm down.

Torn on whether or not this reformed paper ninja will even show up again though. (Pun only intended after realization of said pun.) It feels like it should have a point of existing, but on the other hand it feels random and weird enough to be a one-off thing...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Have we seen that paper ninja before?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:23 PM   #9
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Saw Sparing partner, it was ok. Is it me or does that new female ninja have the same kind of name as Karai? Could she be a new version of that character? She fights with a sword too. It was neat seeing Leo fight on pretty much equal grounds as her. Maybe next time he will actually defeat her, they could end up being rivals in the future but maybe I'm thinking too much into this. I find the paper thing weird, it's like Raph could just make one from scratch and just call him buddy yet it's like it has feelings :/

Next weeks episode man, looks so boss.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題

What do you mean by "same kind of name"? They've only referred to her as Recruit.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:32 PM   #11
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I once again wish this episode was the entire half hour because I enjoyed it but would have enjoyed it more had it lasted longer.
I would totally buy a figure of the Origami Monster.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #12
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Finally got to see Sparring Partner. Super cute episode and I adore Buddy, and Foot Recruits intense personality is so funny
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #13
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Finally got to see Sparring Partner. Super cute episode and I adore Buddy, and Foot Recruits intense personality is so funny
I like Buddy also and think he would make a really cool action figure.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #14
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
She fights with a sword too. It was neat seeing Leo fight on pretty much equal grounds as her. Maybe next time he will actually defeat her, they could end up being rivals in the future but maybe I'm thinking too much into this.
I haven't noticed any kind of rivalry. She seems to just attack the Turtles randomly. Although I suppose anything can happen in the future.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:43 PM   #15
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Portal Jacked

- I don't remember this being the plot of Coco
- BONE COLLEGE
- Of all the types of "mutation" (or other non-normal conditions) why is "100% skin" the most uncomfortable I've seen? Even compared to Mutagen Man and Muck Man. The flag gag with him was great though.

Sparring Partner
- Aw Buddy
- Once again, Foot Recruit steals the stage. Keep shining, sweetie.
- It is nice to see Raph have another kind of 'best friend' than Casey
- When Mike put the Turtles mark on Buddy! AAA
- Team Foot Clan's blasting off agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiin