The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #241
dontplaydead27
Thug

Samhain88 and Pizzafan87 you guys (i'm assuming you're both male) both bring up good points, but put that energy to argue to some better use. How about..uh..how about you guys build me a Technodrome?
Old 05-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #242
dontplaydead27
Thug

If Shia laBOOF plays any part in a TMNT movie, I will eat my own ****. *

*Does not guarantee I will eat my own ****.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #243
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontplaydead27 View Post
Samhain88 and Pizzafan87 you guys (i'm assuming you're both male) both bring up good points, but put that energy to argue to some better use. How about..uh..how about you guys build me a Technodrome?
How about if instead I build my own Technodrome and you can visit?
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #244
Powder
So tired of this place

Lets talk about what we want to see (positive things) rather then bash the unknown.

Example- "I hope we get to see the comics earlier story arcs get a little love towards the end of the flick or in potential sequels. I.E. Mousers!"

Now...

Sheesh. You got a right to your opinion, PizzaFan87, & I respect that you feel so strongly about it too, but please, stop repeating it over & over. Its unnecessary. I'm not even trying to be a dick, productive conversation is always great... but this is just negativity back & forth. Samhain88, don't even feed into it. You guys feel the way you do & it won't change.

WAT DO U GUIZE WANAN C?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #245
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Lets talk about what we want to see (positive things) rather then bash the unknown.

Example- "I hope we get to see the comics earlier story arcs get a little love towards the end of the flick or in potential sequels. I.E. Mousers!"
What do I want to see?

1. A more detailed backstory between Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi.
2. A film that's dark and violent (like the comics) but light-hearted and fun (like the `87 cartoon). The 1990 movie had the right idea.
3. Yes, I want Krang, the Technodrome, and Dimension X...but only as set-ups for the sequel. The first movie should be Batman Begins-esque with the origins of the Turtles, Shredder, and Splinter.
4. No CGI. The Jim Henson suits worked perfectly fine. If they want to CGI the faces, like in Where the Wild Things Are, then that's okay - but no full CGI.
5. April O' Neil as a reporter. Sorry, but I prefer it that way.
6. Casey Jones in a smaller supporting role. He should be there, but save the best for the sequel.
7. New York City in full display.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #246
dontplaydead27
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
How about if instead I build my own Technodrome and you can visit?
Fair enough. Now let's wait to see who a director is, or anything of equal value, and then we'll bitch to high heavens about it! I'll throw the "sh**tiest choice" dice first;

:rolls dice:

The dice says Ang Lee.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #247
dontplaydead27
Thug

Quote:
What do I want to see?

2. A film that's dark and violent (like the comics) but light-hearted and fun (like the `87 cartoon). The 1990 movie had the right idea.
3. Yes, I want Krang, the Technodrome, and Dimension X...but only as set-ups for the sequel. The first movie should be Batman Begins-esque with the origins of the Turtles, Shredder, and Splinter.
4. No CGI. The Jim Henson suits worked perfectly fine. If they want to CGI the faces, like in Where the Wild Things Are, then that's okay - but no full CGI.
6. Casey Jones in a smaller supporting role. He should be there, but save the best for the sequel.
Let me match you with my opinion;
1. Yeah I agree with that, a little more story on them wouldn't hurt, although I thought the 1990 did alright with the little they used.
2. I think TMNT 1990 was a great movie, the best interpretation of them, or rather the best version of them i've seen. I was never a reader of the comic, but I think the first movie is great, regardless of how much source material it pulled/changed from the comic. I'll argue with the comic diehards/1990 movie haters all day about that- not really.
3. I think Krang and Dim. X could be worked into a story well, over the course of a trilogy.
4. Yep. My only add on to that is to not make them cartoonish- how they looked in the original movie was great, before they changed their look for the sequels-I don't want the bigger whites of their eyes, brighter bandannas, etc.
5. Agree
6. Agree- sure seemed like a lot of Casey in the 2007 flick. Not enough Don and Mike.
7. Also Agree. Maybe some more daytime scenes, to see how they get around in the day, (They gotta leave every once in awhile) or what the hell they do in the sewer all day.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #248
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
7. Also Agree. Maybe some more daytime scenes, to see how they get around in the day, (They gotta leave every once in awhile) or what the hell they do in the sewer all day.

Though they don't leave in the daylight often, I too would love to see how they navigated.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #249
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
1. Yeah I agree with that, a little more story on them wouldn't hurt, although I thought the 1990 did alright with the little they used.
The 1990 movie did a fine job. I agree. But just for the sake of doing something differently it would be nice to see the expanded history of those two. For example, in the 1989 Batman movie they did a good job with the flashback telling the story of how Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered. Yet it was still cool to see the parents given more screentime in Batman Begins.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #250
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

The 1990 film served well for both comic and cartoon fans. It had all the right elements into it. As for the reboot, I am sure that their won't be any Bebop, Rocksteady, or Krang because there is a new generation of kids and they wouldn't understand it like we did. I could be wrong though.

I am still giving this movie a chance and if there is explosions, the only thing would probably explode is the mousers if they include Baxter Stockman to the movie.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #251
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Because of the negativity? Well, to be fair, there's not much to get excited about. Michael Bay's name is attached to it. Platinum Dunes, a production company that has only done horror remakes, is in charge. The dude who wrote Forbidden Kingdom was rumored at one point. So, what's the good news, aside from a new TMNT movie being made? If Paramount said, "JJ Abrams is producing, Alex Kurtzman & Robert Orci are writing, and D.J. Caruso was directing" then we could start celebrating. But for now we have to be skeptical. The movie could be good/great. I'm not saying it won't. But at the moment there's no evidence to support that it will.
Bay is just the executive producer, I wish you fu*k-tards would realise that. PD has only done horror remakes, but if you want to branch out you gotta start somewhere. Do you honestly think everyone at PD went to film school and learned about nothing except horror movies? Do you think horror movies is all they ever think about? No. They can do other things, even a chevy mechanic could fix a dodge.

"The dude who wrote Forbidden Kingdom" has also wrote other pretty good movies, Young Guns and Thunderheart. And he's not attached anyways.

Quote:
1. Pointless, Yoshi dies too early in the story for anyone to care too much about him. And besides, his feud is with Nagi not Saki.
2. wtf?
3. wtf?
4. If they spend enough money on it, CGI would be good. Otherwise, no.
5. Bleh.
6. Bleh, CJ rocks.
7. Agreed.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #252
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I haven't seen it yet, but from the trailers, it looks like they just copied the original. So, what's the point when you can just watch the original?
Not to drag it back up, but as others have said, you can't judge it just from the trailer. Of course it's going to mostly show the stuff like the original, that's to draw you in. The film itself when you watch it though is VERY different from the original, in a good way though.

And I'm gonna get thwacked for this, but am I seriously the only one who likes Shia as an actor? Mind you I don't want him in TMNT (can't think of a single person he could be), but I think he's one of the only really good actors in his age group right now.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #253
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
If Shia laBOOF plays any part in a TMNT movie, I will eat my own ****. *

*Does not guarantee I will eat my own ****.
Why would you think Shia LaBeouf would have any part at all? Last I looked, he's joined to Steven Spielberg at the hip, not Michael Bay. You'd have more of a chance of Michael having a cameo in the movie instead of Shia.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #254
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
1. Pointless, Yoshi dies too early in the story for anyone to care too much about him. And besides, his feud is with Nagi not Saki.
yeah, the only interaction Yoshi and Saki had is:

"I've come to avenge my brother!"
*Sploit!*
"Augh!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
but am I seriously the only one who likes Shia as an actor?
I think he's a horrible actor, he's flat and dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
You'd have more of a chance of Michael having a cameo in the movie instead of Shia.
I could totally see Michael get a nunchuck in his head
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #255
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
You'd have more of a chance of Michael having a cameo in the movie instead of Shia.
As long as he plays a guy who gets his a$$ kicked, I think everyone would be okay with that.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #256
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
I think he's a horrible actor, he's flat and dull.
That's fine, it's your opinion. Out of curiousity, who are some of your favorite actors for his age group though?

And color me stupid again - Michael?
Old 05-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #257
gobo
Wacky Action

Michael Bay.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #258
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
What do I want to see?

My thoughts:

1.I dont really think this is needed. I think the 1990 film did a great job with what they explained.
2.While I do understand what you mean, its kinda hard to have both. The humor I think could be dialed down a tad bit with way more fights and I think we would have a winner.
3.Hell no. I dont want any 80s toon characters. No thanks.
4.I dont mind CG just as long as its believeable, which not alot is. I DO want turtle suits so if they wanna CG a face on them, that is fine with me.
5.I really dont mind if April just flat out drops dead in the first 5 minutes of the movie. She wont. Of course. So I dont care what she is.
6.Casey is awesome. I like how much time he got in the 1990 film. If they give him more screentime,great. But they gotta get the right actor to pull it off. Elias Koteas did an awesome job.
7.Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
And I'm gonna get thwacked for this, but am I seriously the only one who likes Shia as an actor?
Nope. I actually like the guy. I think that he is a great actor and No, I would not mind seeing him in a TMNT movie. He wont be, but if he was, I wouldnt care in the slightest.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #259
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Michael Bay.
...MAN do I feel stupid. I think I'm the one that received a nunchaku to the head, sheesh. ~_~

And just so I actually have something else to respond about...

Quote:
1. That would be interesting to see, but maybe in another set of comics or something.
2. I love the old film series, but the real appeal here is something 'different' from that, so I'd like it to not be too much like the old one.
3. Eh...as much as I like the old toon, and an old-toon inspired but darker film would make me squeal like a fanboy piglet, I'm also more tempted to see a closer to the comics story, since I've never read more than a handful of those.
4. Agreed whole-heartedly. One of the many reasons I enjoy the Hellboy films so much is because they are awesome prosthetics and not over-done CG work.
5. I'd like to see her as a scientist for this series, or maybe even just the runner of the antique shop, but I won't mind if she's a reporter at all.
6. It's funny, I was actually just discussing this with my mom the other day (she likes the Turtles too, to an extent), and even though she's a huge Casey fan, she thinks this is a great idea too.
7. Agreed, whole-heartedly again.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:13 AM   #260
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
Yep and who knows. Maybe Platinum Dunes having experience with the horror genre can make for a really disgusting, realistic looking mutated ninja turtle. And with the right writers and director,it could be amazing. Or, it could suck. And we and the franchise would be in the same exact place as we are now.
Their horror films DO SUCK. It's not an or issue.

Nightmare was vapid and frankly almost boring, Friday the 13th and TCM were both boring as well, with the added bonus of sterile atmosphere and unenjoyable characters...

Amityville, in addition to the others, was cliche ridden and had plot points and images bordering on insane troll logic.

The hitcher was a jump movie that got me out of my seat and into my dvd collection to find something else to watch.

Their "original" films aren't better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.

Last edited by turkishproverb; 05-31-2010 at 12:33 AM.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films