The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Should the non-TMNT sections of the forums be closed down?

For one thing, the main and original reason any of us came to the Technodrome was to discuss TMNT. We're all TMNT fans here, or else none of us would have discovered this forum in the first place. The TMNT sections could use more activity, but they're there for proper discussion.

A lot of the problems of this forums in terms of trolling/controversy/bashing/debates happens in all the non-TMNT sections. The Everything Else section in particular, the Current Events section due to politics and religion, and to a lesser extent the TV and Movies section. Almost all the worst threads or worst debates with people insulting each other happens in those sections the most. You can see it happen regularly and anyone who has been there knows this is true.

If all the non-TMNT sections of the forums were closed, then people would be "forced" to discuss TMNT here, and thus all off-topic discussion can be had in social groups where you have to ask to become a member of. Granted I know the TMNT forums have debates too, but at least it's the main reason we come here.

Should all non-TMNT discussion go to social groups instead of the forums? What do you think?

Discuss.

And before anyone asks, no, this is not a parody thread. Let's see how this thread turns out. As I said before:

Discuss.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No.

This thread needs to be locked.

While maybe some behavior needs to be curbed, no one is forced to respond. Or read it. Or visit sections they want closed down.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Honestly, I would have no problem with that.

But really I think it's just the Current Events section that needs to go. People can't respect the no politics/religion thing, & beyond that it only serves to be a celebrity obituary anyway.

Other than that, the only problems are with certain people who create flame-bait threads with the sole intention of watching things burn, because they know the mods aren't around to deal with it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:15 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

ya get rid of current events and keep the movie/TV show section that gets a lot of buzz
Old 08-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Ban politics. Keep the rest, sometimes we can have fun.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #6
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I mostly hang out in the General Discussion side of things so I'd hate to see it axed... but I'm with Powder on this. It's not the section itself thats the problem, it's the people who actively look to cause issues that need to be straightened out.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:40 PM   #7
snake
Disgusting

Interesting to see how the quality of the forums began to decrease as soon as the "no politics/religion" rule was ignored. If you go back to the GD from, say, 2005/2006 you can see people having actual fun. Coincidentally the rule was enforced then. Really makes you think.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:06 PM   #8
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Fun fact: this thread is not about Turtles and it is being used by certain members to explain how non-Turtles threads are useless. That's quite contradictory to me.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess having close contact with the toy company makes sense for being touchy about things... Now the edgelord name calling for comics vs cartoon, what. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Fun fact: this thread is not about Turtles and it is being used by certain members to explain how non-Turtles threads are useless. That's quite contradictory to me.
True... true...

I guess they aught to go make the TMNT sections so active that they outshine the rest so they look pointless in comparison and prove it to us. I'll wait.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

I just pointed out that the Batman comics I read and fell in love with when I was 5 were a lot darker and more violent than the stuff the cartoons did later on, so I was already "spoiled", and so the cartoon - great as it was - would never be the "definitive Batman" to me the way some of those people said it was to them. I read "R-rated" Batman all the time as a little kid, PG Batman cartoons weren't going to be my "definitive version" of the character no matter what. None of that is my fault!

Some people were fine with it. One person said "The comics were stupid" and another guy called me an edgelord. So I just gave them a "You guys aren't as tolerant as you pretend to be, Be Better People" speech and haven't checked since then. I'll probably give it a few days, not in the mood to be called names right this minute.

I've said this about TMNT fans most often, but it applies equally everywhere: You can only expect so much "maturity" from 40-year olds who worship cartoon shows. I say that "with love", but... yeah.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:58 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Almost makes this bunch sound mature. lol We might disagree and debate and argue about various pieces of TMNT media, but the thought of someone being deemed an edgelord or similar for preferring one version over another -- be it widely considered good or bad, dark or kiddieish -- sounds so weird.

edit: Then again if that was via the He-Man forum then I'm forgetting they may just be casuals far as Batman goes (?) and more like debating casual TMNT nostalgic types that '87 is not the be all and end all of it. I'm sure most of us are edgelords for daring to (also) like the gritty stuff and long for series and movies aimed at older audiences someday.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:31 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

They tend to prefer cartoons and movies over comic books as a general rule. They also tend to skew heavily Marvel over DC.

There's really only a handful of people there I deem "difficult", and the rest are f*cking TEN times better people than the jokers in this dive. But the handful - like anywhere - can very easily walk into a room, piss in the punchbowl and ruin the entire party. And that gets tiresome for me anywhere.

I'm over-selling it, maybe. It was just really disappointing because before That happened it was actually a nice little conversation. Go figure, someone is ALWAYS going to tell me, specifically, that I'm some kind of moron for having an opinion that's different from that of "the room".

I should be used to it by now, I'm just so, so very tired of it. I wish there was ONE place I could just express an opinion and have a conversation without someone calling me a name.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
making complaints, upset