Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S1 EP6a Shell in a Cell

Quote:
Shell in a Cell
Leo unseats Raph's idol as pro wrestling champion of the world.
I wonder if this episode just focuses on Raph and Leo, just like Repo Mantis episode which was just focused on Mikey and Donnie

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

I saw a preview on Nick yesterday after Down w the Sickness, the turtles are in the lights on the ceiling of the wrestling arena, and Leo falls to the ring lol. All humans watching, and the mutant Bear wrestler is in the ring. Humans dgaf in Rise.
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So...what do the wrestling fans think? Figured that set might be more into that one.

Really not liking the lack of frames in various spots. This one unfortunately displayed that a lot. Always found it a necessary evil with many gifs, but in an actual cartoon... Ew, come on. (But gee, I guess making gifs later will be easier.)

On the up side, at least this one seems to have a little more of an actual story than the previous two. Somewhat.

Only thing that sort of appealed to me is that I'm forever kind of a sucker for Turtles trying to wear clothing, so Leo's not-really-costumey outfit leaned toward kinda cute. But Christ can we just write better dialogue, or tape his mouth shut. And the whole "not really a rules kind of guy" (or however it was said) thing is far too "try-hard" on their whole cruddy agenda with him. Who do I hit...

But I kind of like that Leo and Raph did come together after finding the wrestler guy not so great after all.

Have to admit, I thought there was going to be a nod to 2016 with Mikey dropping the pizza since they were likewise sitting and watching from above.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

I guess Donnie being dressed like a pimp is a "thing" now.

A very fun episode. Good to see a little Raph/Leo rivalry, as so many thought that dynamic was gonna get axed, for whatever reason.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
matteso586
Stone Warrior

I guess in the wrestling ring, mutants are seen as humans in costumes.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:00 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

The announcer is cute.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #7
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The announcer is cute.
And the Internet agrees with you.
https://supernovadad.tumblr.com/post...she-i-love-her
Old 09-20-2018, 11:01 PM   #8
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Loved this episode. A great filler, can’t tell if Ghost Bear was a one and done or will maybe be a villain down the road. They did announce him at comic con as a villain...
Finally, the Raph and Leo dynamic. Can’t wait for more.
Don’t get why they’re going so out of order. Just airing what nick thinks are the best ones first?
Mascot melee and fast and the furriest are airing Monday I believe. Those should be good as well. Really looking forward to the latter.
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:46 AM   #9
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

The only thing I liked about this episode is that we finally get to see the Leo/Raph rivalry. And I did think it was cute that Raph was a huge fan of Ghostbear and wanted to team up with him.

Other than that, the more I see Leo in this version, it makes me dislike him even more. I never thought I'd see the day I'd ever dislike a version of my favorite turtle. I'm not sorry to say that I don't find him funny. Only time he made me laugh a little was in Origami Tsunami but because it felt more natural and mixed together well with the sprinkles of Leo becoming a leader. It's so far my favorite episode of this series. This is probably my least favorite as of now. The whole "not a rules kind of guy" line is really stretching it as well.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Random thought:

Is it weird that for his wrestling character getup they provided Leo with underwear...? And he chose to wear it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
The whole "not a rules kind of guy" line is really stretching it as well.
I know, the writing is just obnoxiously obvious that they trying way too hard to make sure to TELL us they're trying to be different. Hearing that is so disappointing. If it weren't for the glasses I might have real life facepalmed so hard over that line. Same goes for their sometimes excessive use of "leader" when referring to Raph. Yes, yes, we get it. So much telling but very little showing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

I haven't seen all of the episodes so far, but of that I've seen, this has been my favorite. I think it may be because Jessica is awesome.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:21 AM   #12
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Her design would make a great April
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:18 PM   #13
snake
Disgusting

The promoter/ref/announcer girl is thicc. I love that the animators actually had the balls to include a prominent character with, like, noticeable curves in 2018.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Donnie getting angry that Mikey kept stealing his lines or pizza was genuinely funny.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:50 AM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The expressions and action in this was phenomenal, so wild and wacky in all the best ways. And Jessica stole the show, she was such a great character that was just as wild as the wrestlers and the Turtles with her super animated movements and popping up with the mic when the Turtles trash talk in the ring.

At first I thought it was a bit cheap giving the audience barely any movement the just key pose to key pose, but it fits the show well and being just background noise they don't need any more animation and it felt a lot like a CN cartoon in that regard.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #16
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

This felt kinda like an homage to Out of the Shadows with the Turtles watching the wrestling match from above even though it was a basketball game in the movie.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:39 PM   #17
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Fun fact if you look closely at the note Don is holding you can read what it says