The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #221
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
3DS version has not been seen by me. I have seen the other versions. Also if you go on amazon.com, they have the ps3 and 360 version in stock but the 3ds versions till says it's releasing November 11th. gamestop.com says THE SAME THING.

And if it actually were coming out two weeks later than the other versions (but apparently not according to your sightings), yes it could very well be indicative of needing a longer production time either in manufacturing or development even by just a few days, how can you say 'that's not how it works' yes, it can work that way we see it happen several times a year with staggered release dates on games, especially smaller games.
I'm sorry but he's right, that's not how it works, they don't work on the game until the day before it's released, that part of the work is finished months before that, the reason some systems have different release days then others can be for licensing issues, markething reasons or for plain exclusivity contracts. Also the game is already out for the 3DS in some countries already, mine included.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #222
Longview01
Foot Soldier

I've never heard of a game ever getting delayed for 2 weeks so they can work on it more
Old 11-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #223
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview01 View Post
I've never heard of a game ever getting delayed for 2 weeks so they can work on it more
Assassin's Creed Unity was delayed 2 weeks so that the developers could polish it a little more. At least, that's the reason Ubisoft gave.
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:34 AM   #224
prophecy718
Hench Mutant

Was really hoping I would get this for the ps4 but I guess I'll wait when this game is 10 dollars in a few months and get it for the PS3. :-/
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #225
Longview01
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBoxKid View Post
Assassin's Creed Unity was delayed 2 weeks so that the developers could polish it a little more. At least, that's the reason Ubisoft gave.
I don't believe much that comes out of that company
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #226
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

So... have there been any real reviews of this yet? TMNT games release with very little fanfare these days. (Though... I mean, there's a reason for that, I guess.)

I actually picked this up last week blind, which I almost never do, but the preview videos and the WayForward connection got me curious enough. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

Last edited by Bry; 11-04-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #227
Leo656
The Franchise

Looks alright, I seen it cheap at Gamestop (right next to the other Nick-based POS), but I was Birthday shopping for the wife so I didn't pick it up. Looks "Fair". I'm sure I'll have some fun with it. Looks better than the other one did, although I haven't played either yet.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #228
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

I've played most of it now. It's a solid game, but sadly no where near the masterpiece that comes to mind when you hear TMNT, Wayforward, and Metroid style all next to each other. They have obviously spent a lot of time on getting details from the show all over the game which is kind of nice I suppose. There are a few other less obvious references to older TMNT stuff too here and there, the title screen being the most obvious one.

Combat and movement are good, but not exactly great. There are a LOT of enemies on tiny platforms or the edge of platforms and stuff which is sort of annoying. You are allowed to overlap with enemies to some degree without damage but it's a bit hit or miss. You need to learn the shell kick moves to really be any good at all at the combat, lots of the game hinges on you doing them. They're not particularly hard or anything, but it can get tedious. The jump is pretty high and long and you get a double jump pretty quickly so that's good.

At first I had some trouble keeping alive and got stuck into a fairly lame situation where I only had Mikey and had to complete a new area with him solo basically. Every time he'd die, I was sent back two areas, so I had to get all the way back to the new one. This of course was my own fault, but it was tough for awhile. This gets less terrible over the course of the game as you get health increases and boxes to store pizzas in and the ability to see which room the captured turtles are in on the map. Just be careful early on or you might have to Mikey solo TCRI like I did. Probably would be better off quitting and reloading your save if you end up in a situation like that.

This paragraph includes spoilers, I guess? It's not exactly heavy stuff. Not sure if I forgot something from the show, but both Shredder and the Kraang seem to be using Mousers, minor complaint. Newtralizer is also working with Shredder and Slash gives you info about it. Those seem slightly off to my understanding of the various character interactions post season 2 but I could very well be forgetting things. Some other characters cameo in the backgrounds of various areas also. Rahzar, Stockman, Tiger Claw, and Shredder are bosses. April, Karai, and Casey give you new moves. Splinter can be talked to for hints and does some fighting at one point.

Music is good, graphics are pretty close to the show, controls are mostly solid. I have no very strong complaints about the game other than it's not as amazing as it could have been, basically.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #229
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
So... have there been any real reviews of this yet? TMNT games release with very little fanfare these days
I haven't seen any as of yet and it's been almost a week...so yeah TMNT not getting the love it deserves

But for what it's worth, I give it a solid 8/10, it loses a point for being short and half a point each for no boss meter and no close up zoom on the map. I never ran into any of the glitches that the Activision site has listed apart from a couple of random game freezes which happens with Arkham and so many other games so I'm lucky in those terms but the big big winner for me is that the game play is hella fun, you actually 'feel' like a ninja and with all the upgrades & abilities you get as the game progresses it only makes it better.

I'm 89% complete now where I've finished it a couple of times but after I get 100% I'd definitely play it all over again just simply because it's that fun. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but for old skool gamers, platform lovers and TMNT fans it should do quite well.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:16 AM   #230
Freeman
Hench Mutant

I've already seen it in Game stores in Spain, but maybe I'll wait until a kid buys it, get bored fast and get it in second hand.
Not willing to spend 40€ on a game that I'll beat in 5 days maximum, but it's defenitely out here in Spain.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #231
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview01 View Post
The install base of those 3 consoles is far far greater than both Xbone and PS4 combined...also 3DS is current Gen handheld wise.
But Activision has released some games on xbox one ps4 and pc too that are not near as good as tmnt or not near as populat as tmnt is. They released Korra and Transformers games on pc one and ps4 this year and we all know that both theses francsices are not as popular as tmnt. And they dont release their best game?? Also while the 360 and ps3 userbase is currnetly larger more and more of the 360 and ps3 players are moving to next gen consoles or pc as time passes and soon because of that the 360 and ps3 will be dead.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #232
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Transformers games on pc one and ps4 this year and we all know that both theses francsices are not as popular as tmnt.
...lol wut
Old 11-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #233
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
. They released Korra and Transformers games on pc one and ps4 this year and we all know that both theses francsices are not as popular as tmnt. .
Um I beg to differ I think Transformers is much more popular than Ninja Turtles. Heck G1 game out 3 years before the fred wolf cartoon did.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #234
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Um I beg to differ I think Transformers is much more popular than Ninja Turtles. Heck G1 game out 3 years before the fred wolf cartoon did.
I agree. Transformers in Japan alone has had alot more cartoons than TMNT has had ever.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #235
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Ditto. Transformers had a tv show the same year they first came out in 84'... and it only took them 2 years before it got a movie.

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #236
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

This game was also made on the "Black Engine" by "Black Games" I wanna say the startup screen said? Can't find any info on this at all. Anyway if the engine doesn't have a PC build already, it's doubtful the game will come to PC.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #237
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
But Activision has released some games on xbox one ps4 and pc too that are not near as good as tmnt or not near as populat as tmnt is. They released Korra and Transformers games on pc one and ps4 this year and we all know that both theses francsices are not as popular as tmnt. And they dont release their best game?? Also while the 360 and ps3 userbase is currnetly larger more and more of the 360 and ps3 players are moving to next gen consoles or pc as time passes and soon because of that the 360 and ps3 will be dead.
Yeah, you have no idea how bigger the Transformers franchise is then the TMNT, not to mention how ambitious that game was. Also the Korra game was made from devs that are on an entire different level from Wayforward, and who right now are one of the devs with a more stellar track record out there having 2 of the top rated games on metacritic under their belt.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #238
Longview01
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yeah, you might want to check your "facts" on Transformers

Also those consoles won't be dead anytime soon, they have install bases of 80 million plus and most games coming out on current gen consoles are also being released on last gen...they are being very much supported still.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #239
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier

I rented the game from Redbox last week and played it on my roommate's Xbox. I just beat it last night. The story was meh, the animation was ugh, and the gameplay was unpolished. Not to mention the phoned-in voice performances and the boring level design. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles deserves more than than this sub-mediocrity.
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."

Last edited by FoxBoxKid; 11-05-2014 at 08:42 PM.
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #240
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBoxKid View Post
I rented the game from Redbox last week and played it on my roomate's Xbox. I just beat it last night. The story was meh, the animation was, and the gameplay was unpolished. Not to mention the phoned-in voice performances and the boring level design. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles deserves more than than this sub-mediocrity.
It does, but Activision is the boss in this situation, so don't count on it.