The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-20-2018, 12:55 AM   #21
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
And you believe them?
Not exactly.

I mean, I'm not a smoker myself and I never give into any sort of peer pressure at all, but its been an observation of mine that people (myself included) seem to subconsciously see smoking men as badass, dominant and masculine etc. Most likely has a lot do with portrayals in tv shows, movies, video games etc.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #22
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Not exactly.

I mean, I'm not a smoker myself and I never give into any sort of peer pressure at all, but its been an observation of mine that people (myself included) seem to subconsciously see smoking men as badass, dominant and masculine etc. Most likely has a lot do with portrayals in tv shows, movies, video games etc.
I weep for humanity.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #23
newfan
Mad Scientist

I really don't see that. I think it was once seen as a cool thing but many years ago.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:24 AM   #24
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

I've had & still have quite a number of fairly decent & friendly neighbors in my own and other family's neighborhoods whom I've been acquainted with, done things with together, attended events together etc...
It's both good & advantageous to be friends with neighbors, gives you more people to love & be around, more connections & more people you can count on in times of crisis.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #25
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Do you get along with your neighbours?
Yes. 🐱

They would usually ask how our day is going, and then they would chat up on relevant topics/ issues. Sometimes, they would even us bring food!

Last edited by Papenbrook; 08-17-2018 at 04:59 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:15 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I really don't see that. I think it was once seen as a cool thing but many years ago.
I can only think of smoking "being cool" in HS. That's when I suddenly noticed A LOT of people picking up the habit in order to "look adult". So maybe some teenage girls think guys who smoke look cool? Most people HS told me they started to smoke in HS due to peer pressure.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We haven't had any bad interactions really, for the most part the majority mind their own business.

At worst, there have always been that one or two households you wish would move away.

One eventually did and new people eventually bought the property, razed the house (I guess it was in that bad of shape), rebuilt, and have been a good, quiet new addition to the neighborhood.

The other... I guess we're stuck with her. Only a renter - from neighbors who lived here long ago who still own the place - but seems no matter the nonsense that goes on it's never enough to get them her/them kicked out. We don't get involved, but, like others around here, still resent the fighting (outside), police, and drug nonsense and other crap that goes on every now and then. This isn't that kind of neighborhood.

Extended rant...
Spoiler:
And what's absurd is that our former neighbors that still owns the place had moved out because they'd become rather well off and their lawyer or whoever told them they needed to spend some of their money before the goverment taxes too much of it... so they built a big fancy house and moved away. They missed living here, still do. I just find it absurd that the most well off, classiest couple that used to live here since before I was born...would for the last 20 years rent to this woman who is an idiot who invites so much trouble here. Wtf... It's not like they haven't been informed plenty of times by neighbors and still have some responsibility for being the property owners.

I think their intention was to help this woman who was/is basically Section 8, but there's been no consideration for their former neighbors which is a real let down. At least hold her to standards and keep up on what's going on there and not allow all this crap to be taking place on property THEY own...

Not to mention the various problem people she attracts/allows there, and people who will show up there at 1am and be laying on the car horn hard, multiple times. But hey who cares about the rest of us! (I'm a quiet sort that would rather avoid getting into anything with them, but I even once yelled out a window after way too much of it, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" Who knows if they heard me. lol) There is just no consideration for other people at all.

Was out front earlier today and once again the obnoxious woman was apparently on a phone call... with it on speaker phone... loudly through her car speakers. Come on, people already hate putting up with other people's public phone calls, but like this and sounding as if it's a conversation spoken through loud speakers?? Many times we've been here inside our own home and could easily hear the conversation; at least the caller's side of it clearly while she yelled back her less decipherable half of the conversation. Such a mix of tackiness and udder lack of self awareness.

That the ONE person (and her problematic family/friends that are often in and out of there too often) that we can't stand. My mom and I have a few times wished that Live PD show would include a group of local police as they'd surely end up across the street sooner or later...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote