The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2020, 10:34 AM   #3301
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 36,369
Now that the Image series reprints/collections are complete, will IDW move on to collecting more old Mirage comics? The Tales trades were stopped in the middle and Vol. 4 hasn't been collected yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:54 AM   #3302
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,455
I haven't heard anything planned to that effect.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #3303
Sharman
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Now that the Image series reprints/collections are complete, will IDW move on to collecting more old Mirage comics? The Tales trades were stopped in the middle and Vol. 4 hasn't been collected yet.
I would love for the Mirage collections to be resumed. I'd also like to see reprints of Tales and vol 4 in the original B&W.
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #3304
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,164
Hi Bobby, sent you a pressing question as DM!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #3305
Diorm
Hench Mutant
 
Diorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Qu├ębec
Posts: 404
I'm not sure if you can answer that but, is there a reason why Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Volume 16 is Currently Unavailable? I've been waiting to get this one for month and it's not available anywere. I'm only missing that one.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:17 PM   #3306
hypered1
Hench Mutant
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
I'm not sure if you can answer that but, is there a reason why Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Volume 16 is Currently Unavailable? I've been waiting to get this one for month and it's not available anywere. I'm only missing that one.
It's probably gone out of print for a bit, ie: no stock left. Seems most of the hardcover collections are same on Amazon US, but it's unsurprising given the current global situation.
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:22 PM   #3307
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,164
Hey Bobby is it too late to get a letter in for issue #111? (my favorite number!)
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:40 PM   #3308
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Hey Bobby is it too late to get a letter in for issue #111? (my favorite number!)
No promises that we'll print it but just finished #110 yesterday so you have a couple weeks!

letters@idwpublishing.com
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #3309
Disasterbeast
Mouser
 
Disasterbeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 7
Sorry if it's been asked before, but are there any plans to release hardcovers of the Image series or Tales of the TMNT (vol.1/2)?

Thank you!
Disasterbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #3310
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 6,979
Last Ronin is shaping up to be a rather interesting story so far. I do have a lot of questions but most of them seem to be too much into spoiler territory. So I'm just going to pick the ones that seem less plot relevant:
  • How cybernetic are the cops? They seem to have human eyes, skin and ears but destroying/severing the head does not reveal a brain or blood?
  • I noticed there are characters and concepts in the series that have been part of TMNT before but does not predate the scrapped storyline this is based on (Such as Karai, how she relates to the Shredder and the appearence of who I assume "Jones" is). How similar is this final product to the original idea? You don't have to be specific, just give an estimate like "very much" or "barely" and I'd be satisfied.
  • If it is indeed close, were these characters/concepts present in the old version, either as they ended up or in some prototypical form?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:47 PM   #3311
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 714
got a slightly twisted question to ask. after the citizen's of mutant town were mutated, how did their diet change? did they have to become herbivores while a vegetarian became a carnivore? would a "bull" still eat a hamburger? and what about Sheena, there's a lot of foods that have pork in them. I'm not trying to promote cannibalism but i am curious.
__________________
"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics


lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #3312
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disasterbeast View Post
Sorry if it's been asked before, but are there any plans to release hardcovers of the Image series or Tales of the TMNT (vol.1/2)?

Thank you!
I haven't heard anything like that, so I think no at this time.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #3313
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Last Ronin is shaping up to be a rather interesting story so far. I do have a lot of questions but most of them seem to be too much into spoiler territory. So I'm just going to pick the ones that seem less plot relevant:
  • How cybernetic are the cops? They seem to have human eyes, skin and ears but destroying/severing the head does not reveal a brain or blood?
  • I noticed there are characters and concepts in the series that have been part of TMNT before but does not predate the scrapped storyline this is based on (Such as Karai, how she relates to the Shredder and the appearence of who I assume "Jones" is). How similar is this final product to the original idea? You don't have to be specific, just give an estimate like "very much" or "barely" and I'd be satisfied.
  • If it is indeed close, were these characters/concepts present in the old version, either as they ended up or in some prototypical form?
These would be questions for Kevin I think, I can't really speak to the original story ideas from way back when. But I would imagine a lot has changed over the passage of time and with Tom's involvement now. As for the Synjas, we'll likely find out more about them later in the story!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:57 AM   #3314
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
got a slightly twisted question to ask. after the citizen's of mutant town were mutated, how did their diet change? did they have to become herbivores while a vegetarian became a carnivore? would a "bull" still eat a hamburger? and what about Sheena, there's a lot of foods that have pork in them. I'm not trying to promote cannibalism but i am curious.
It's an interesting question that I honestly haven't thought much about! I tend to think that internal organs aren't changed much so perhaps one's diet doesn't change other than maybe being icked out by eating a creature that you now partly are! But honestly, your guess is as good as mine!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #3315
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior
 
PizzaPower1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In Rural Decay
Posts: 833
Just a question about IDW's coloring of Mirage.

Are the Color Classics volumes the same as THE WORKS hardcovers as far as coloring goes?

Are the TMNT Classics Volumes (the non-Eastman/Laird stories) in color or are they in Black and White?
__________________
My Blog: https://comixntoonz.blogspot.com/
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:44 PM   #3316
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,315
With Tokka and Rahzar appearing on the IDW comics for the first time. I would like to some some homages to Secret Of The Ooze.

How about when the Turtles are fighting them. They end up in a Mutant Rave instead of a Night Club from the movie. We got to see a Mutant Metal concert but I would love to see how a Mutant Rave is like. Taking all the EDM tropes with how they are dressed like and all with the LEDs and all that stuff.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:50 PM   #3317
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 714
is the address number for the splinter dojo 1228?
__________________
"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics


lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:22 PM   #3318
hypered1
Hench Mutant
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
is the address number for the splinter dojo 1228?
What is that in reference to?
__________________
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #3319
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
What is that in reference to?
here's a hint "this is a 10, the tabs 13!"
__________________
"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics


lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:57 AM   #3320
hypered1
Hench Mutant
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
here's a hint "this is a 10, the tabs 13!"
Oh, right. Been so long since last watched the movie!
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.