The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #21
zbowen
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
No, he has no share in the Turtles anymore. IDW did bring him on to help with the writing. He also did the first annual himself and does covers. He's pretty much an employee now whichis pretty much what he wants to be.
With a few exceptions, like the annual, I'm always curious exactly how much influence he has. Doesn't really matter, since I like the overall direction of the book. I always get his covers, I'm a sucker for the classic TMNT art style
Old 08-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbowen View Post
With a few exceptions, like the annual, I'm always curious exactly how much influence he has. Doesn't really matter, since I like the overall direction of the book. I always get his covers, I'm a sucker for the classic TMNT art style
Kevin's current involvement is simply getting hired to do work, like any other artist.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

He still discusses story ideas with Tom Waltz though. Waltz said before, "Year Two" started he and Kevin bounces ideas off each other for what direction to take the series in.

Waltz doesn't have to do what Kevin suggests, but its obvious some of his story ideas are used in the book.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #24
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He still discusses story ideas with Tom Waltz though. Waltz said before, "Year Two" started he and Kevin bounces ideas off each other for what direction to take the series in.

Waltz doesn't have to do what Kevin suggests, but its obvious some of his story ideas are used in the book.
Right. Because he's been hired to. And because Tom values Kevin's input and vice versa. Not because Kevin has an actual stake in the franchise.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Indeed. But its just nice IDW wants Kevin around in some fashion.

IDW has been really open with the fans and respectful to past work that its why their comic has become successful. Its great that both Tom Waltz and Bobby post here when they don't have to at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
beardcore84
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Indeed. But its just nice IDW wants Kevin around in some fashion.

IDW has been really open with the fans and respectful to past work that its why their comic has become successful. Its great that both Tom Waltz and Bobby post here when they don't have to at all.

Yes I agree, if only the majority of fans would show that respect back to them instead of complaining about a way a character is used or the color of a headband.
beardcore84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #27
Powder
Endless Screw

Bear in mind, beardcore, that after those complaints, the characters were less OT-on-steroids in personality, and IDW allowed variant artists to continue using red masks on the covers to pay homage... Voicing opinions as a fan goes both ways, praise and complaints.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kevin eastman