The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 12:26 AM   #121
Powder
So tired of this place

Dan Duncan is offering to do sketches inside the books of 7 lucky people. You'd be getting the book from him with your requested character inside, shipped for $80.

http://dan-duncan.deviantart.com/art...-pt2-538878460

A nice deal if you're on the hunt for a little Duncan art but can't afford published pages.

Not sure if DA is the only way he wants to do this but that seems to be his primary contact for now.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:22 AM   #122
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Dan Duncan is offering to do sketches inside the books of 7 lucky people. You'd be getting the book from him with your requested character inside, shipped for $80.

http://dan-duncan.deviantart.com/art...-pt2-538878460

A nice deal if you're on the hunt for a little Duncan art but can't afford published pages.

Not sure if DA is the only way he wants to do this but that seems to be his primary contact for now.
Wow that's a pretty good deal considering the book retails for $50 full price! I'd jump on it if I were a bigger fan of Duncan and hadn't already got a copy! Are you getting one Powder?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #123
evan2000
Stone Warrior

So excited to receive a long awaited package from DCBS today!

Just felt like sharing my joy
Old 06-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #124
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post

http://i.imgur.com/9S5ZEIL.jpg

Awesome. I'm behind on some of the trades. I should pick some up.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #125
Sewer Turd
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post

http://i.imgur.com/9S5ZEIL.jpg

Now that idw has finally chronologically started collecting and releasing these hardcover collections.. how long do you think untill we get a vol 2? And how often will they be released? Will they contain the tmnt eastman annuals which have already been released in hardcover format?
Sewer Turd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #126
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Turd View Post
Now that idw has finally chronologically started collecting and releasing these hardcover collections.. how long do you think untill we get a vol 2? And how often will they be released? Will they contain the tmnt eastman annuals which have already been released in hardcover format?
Bobby Curnow guessed approx 1 a year.
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #127
Wentos
Foot Soldier

The second IDW Collection has just been solicited on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...dp/163140539X/

Quote:
The IDW Collection presents the TMNT stories in recommended reading order. Volume 2 collects issues #13-20 of the ongoing series, the Casey Jones, April, Fugitoid, Krang, and Baxter Stockman Micro-Series issues, and the Secret History of the Foot Clan mini-series.
Strangely, the solicit text doesn't list the annual. Hopefully it's just an oversight and it ends up being included.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:22 AM   #128
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post

Strangely, the solicit text doesn't list the annual. Hopefully it's just an oversight and it ends up being included.
Excellent news, thanks for sharing!

Volume 1 was a beauty, can't wait for this.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #129
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post

I could see them skipping the annual same as they skipped the Infestation 2 issues. The annual came out as its own hard-ish cover and didn't do much to contribute to the narrative... and it's pretty terrible... and cutting the original annual keeps collection #2 at the same number of issues as the first collection.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:22 AM   #130
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Excellent news, thanks for sharing!

Volume 1 was a beauty, can't wait for this.
Im hoping we get a great cover that actually has all four turtles this time. And the spine on the original volume was very inventive.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #131
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

The new volume has 32 more pages than the first, according to Amazon. Maybe someone should ask Bobby about the Annual's inclusion sometime.

Last edited by Toby Barrett; 09-14-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #132
funatic
Mad Scientist

I hope they include the 1st annual just because the 2nd annual is more integral for its introduction of Renet to the IDWverse (if little else), and it would seem weird to have the 2nd included but not the 1st. That being said, the annuals are very different tonally from the rest of the IDW narrative so maybe it would be disruptive to include them? I guess I'm fine either way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #133
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
The new volume has 32 more pages than the first, according to Amazon. Maybe someone should ask Bobby about the Annual's inclusion sometime.
Might be the annual is in there after all then. The annual is 48 pages, not 32... however, the first collection also included the short story "A Lot to Learn," which was 8 pages, plus there's some random art at the end after #12... so there's some wiggle room in the page count and Eastman fans might be happy after all.

If they do include the annual I hope to goddess it's the color version. It's almost impossible to tell what the hell's going on in the black and white edition.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #134
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Might be the annual is in there after all then. The annual is 48 pages, not 32... however, the first collection also included the short story "A Lot to Learn," which was 8 pages, plus there's some random art at the end after #12... so there's some wiggle room in the page count and Eastman fans might be happy after all.

If they do include the annual I hope to goddess it's the color version. It's almost impossible to tell what the hell's going on in the black and white edition.
I'd imagine it would be the color version. It's already going to stick out like a sore thumb being the only issue written and drawn by Eastman, but I feel it'd stick out too much being B&W. I haven't read the colorized version yet but I pray it makes it easier to follow than the original.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #135
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Bobby doesn't think the Annual will be included.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #136
CyberCubed
Overlord

The annuals are part of their own thing, I don't see why they have to be included.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:27 PM   #137
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Even though they are self contained they are still part of the IDWverse and it'd be nice if they included it since the point of the series is supposed to be comprehensive collected editions of the IDW stuff in a premium hardcover format. Why reprint everything else like micro-series and mini series in these collections of you aren't going to include the annuals?

It seems the series is being touted as the complete collection despite it apparently being Incomplete.

Me personally I think I'm going to do a custom Hardbound treatment on my original issues.

I still wish IDW Limited had continued the stellar Red Label HC format that they did on Change is Constant. I would have loved for them to continue to do the slipcover with original artwork Format that they did for that Red Label on all of the arcs.

Last edited by Metropoliskid41; 09-16-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 AM   #138
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

The only thing they've skipped thus far is the Infestation 2 tie-in issues... which was too bad, as that was one of my favorite parts of the first year's run. They felt like Tales issues to me, and they were a neat spotlight for Don. But on the other hand they did include "A Lot To Learn" in there, and it's such a great cap on the first arc. So it's a wash as far as I'm concerned; I was pretty damn happy with the first collection.

The collections aren't really Bobby's department, are they? I'm wondering if the annual's where the extra pages are coming from even if Bobby hasn't been made aware. That or maybe the page count is wrong.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #139
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Reprints/Collected Editions are handled by a totally different team and editorial staff, so that's not Bobby's department.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #140
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
It seems the series is being touted as the complete collection despite it apparently being Incomplete.
I'm a stickler for that as well and normally only collect the actual comics for that reason (among other reasons). I might grab the colorized annual if it's easier to read, though.
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt