The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Cipher
Foot Elite

Characters Who You're Amazed Have Only Featured in One Version

Or characters you'd like to see move beyond one version.

The Turtles mythos are ripe with these kind of one-off wonders, and, while the franchise has stayed relatively small for a genre series running more than 25 years, it's still kind of astounding there hasn't been more cross-pollinating.

With the full disclosure that I'm not a huge fan of bringing characters into new versions solely for the sake of homage, here are some I think deserve a shot outside their source material:

1. Bishop (4Kids) - This one is actually astounding, since he fills a specific niche (the thought of being caught by the government is always a background fear of the Turtles) and he works easily in any universe

2. Any of the non-Shredder big bads, including:

a. Null (Adventures)
b. Maligna (Adventures)
c. Armaggon (Adventures)
d. Dregg (Fred Wolf)
e. Sh'Okanabo (4Kids)
f. Dragon Lord (Next Mutation) - I'm dead serious, given how closely different versions have leaned into an Eastern mythology aspect from time to time. This is also one of the few times I feel the novelty of reviving a particular character could actually carry the whole thing as well.

3. Complete Carnage and Radical (Mirage)

4. Shadow Jones (Mirage) - I understand the difficulty of introducing a second-generation character, especially with the trend of younger Aprils and Caseys, but what a major player to have never left her source material

5. Cha Ocho (Mirage)

6. Viral (4Kids) - I actually want to see her again because I dug her shtick and the Turtles are wanting for female villains. Just give her a Dimension X origin.

7. Old Hob (IDW) - Too early, but I hope we see him carry over into future versions. Giving Splinter a mutant cat frenemy is the kind of chuckle-worthy twist that feels right at home in the franchise.

What are yours?

Last edited by Cipher; 12-23-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Mona Lisa...

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
miru
Mad Scientist

1) Muckman. Given Nick's love of grotesque creatures, we might see him soon but I'm surprised we haven't yet.
2) Zach, the Fifth Turtle. One could argue Pulverizer replaced him.
3) Armaggon. Who doesn't want the concept of a time traveling shark?
4) Chote. Or a dinosaur samurai?
5) Ninjara. Or a sexy fox babe?

EDIT: Muckman is back.

Last edited by miru; 08-03-2014 at 02:22 PM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
6. Viral (4Kids) - I actually want to see her again because I dug her shtick and the Turtles are wanting for female villains. Just give her a Dimension X origin.
Viral I can see again, particularly if she becomes an enemy of Donatello.

Bishop-I can see him popping up late season 2 at the earliest. I mean there is no way an alien attack can happen in New York without the rest of the country knowing of it. And he would be an interesting conflictionary character to Donnie. Because both of them uses science to further their own knowledge. But Donnie majority of the time uses Science as a means to help his brothers in their missions. But Bishop uses it as a means of torture.

Sh'okanabo-again could be something that pops up in season 3. Maybe as an agent of the Kraang, or maybe another character that is from the same world as the Kraang or neighboring dimension. And shares as desire to take over the earth, but he doesn't require April in order to full fill his plans.

Dark Turtles-Evil clones of the Turtles created by the Kraang to serve the Shredder. The Kraang had a perfect opportunity to collect Blood and Tissue samples from the Turtles when they were passed out in TCRI.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bishop is still a fairly new character and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in IDW at least.

The big one for me is Armaggon. How the hell did this guy never get used again outside a SNES game? A shark mutant from the future who shoots missiles from armbands and looks badass and awesome?

When I was 10 years old I thought Armaggon was the coolest thing I ever saw in my life. Virtually any 10 year old boy would love Armaggon. Hell any 25+ year old adult would love Armaggon. You would think a shark mutant would be used again. My god.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Viral I can see again, particularly if she becomes an enemy of Donatello.
Her being a Donatello-specific enemy is a route I could foresee as well.

I'd actually assumed that was going to be an element of Back to the Sewers before it became clear that Viral was totally wiped out by the Shredder program, but the less said of that entire season, the better.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

I'll second Armaggon. A humanoid shark is a pretty badass character design and I'm surprised it hasn't been used in other versions besides TMNT Adventures (not counting his video game appearance).

My favorite TMNT cover of all time is Adventures #44. As a kid, that cover with Armaggon clutching Leonardo by the head made it a must read issue.

Maybe it's only a matter of time before he pops up again.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior

I'd like to see Armaggon, Ninjara and/or Mona Lisa and it wouldn't hurt to have Aska appear somewhere, considering how little characterization she had in Tournament Fighters. Also, I'd REALLY like to see Pimiko replace Karai just once as Shredder's daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
Maybe it's only a matter of time before he pops up again.
Maybe not. Nick hasn't shown any signs of even acknowledging Armaggon exists. It seems like they'll probably make their own shark mutant and it'll be a totally different character.

Also I'd like to see Tempestra again. Perhaps the only reason she stood out is she was a unique villain created for the cartoon as opposed to all those mad scientists who were in episodes in the same season she debuted in.

Tempstra doesn't even have to be a videogame character. She can be from Dimension X or something.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Not all the surprising... Noone reads comics as much as they do with other mediums like tv, games and videogames. By now the Archie series is an almost obscure factoid of 'did you know that the guys that made Archie had a TMNT comic series back then?'. Most people playing Tournament Fighters probably thought the Archie characters were made up for the games.

I'm not saying I wouldn't wanna see Armaggon return... but noone outside this forum really know who Armaggon, Null, Maligna, Scul and Bean are.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAndDonnie View Post
I'd like to see Armaggon, Ninjara and/or Mona Lisa and it wouldn't hurt to have Aska appear somewhere, considering how little characterization she had in Tournament Fighters. Also, I'd REALLY like to see Pimiko replace Karai just once as Shredder's daughter.
The only issue with Aska is that she's a Konami original character. They'd have to ask them for the rights to use her. I honestly would love to see her return for the sake of people learning the astonishing fact that two female ninja can exist without the world imploding.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well on the bright side Old Hob is probably going to become Verminator-X at some point. Neat way to bring back a classic Archie character and make Hob and him one and the same.

Just like Dogpound and Rahzar are now the same character.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well on the bright side Old Hob is probably going to become Verminator-X at some point. Neat way to bring back a classic Archie character and make Hob and him one and the same.

Just like Dogpound and Rahzar are now the same character.
That is a heavy assumption on your part. The dude isn't even a scientist.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
That is a heavy assumption on your part. The dude isn't even a scientist.
It will happen, I'm betting. Also Verminator-X's cat name was Manx, but nobody remembers that anyway.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #15
Electric
Epic Hiatus

armaggon im almost expecting in this new series. with dogpound to rahzar, fishface is now right there. the designs of armaggon, with all the metal or whatever on him, could easily be used since fishface already has machines of him.

bishop i really hope to see. he is one of the most logical villains for the turtles and it adds a whole new dynamic to the series. not only running from the foot, the kraang and the purple dragons, but now the government. in this new series its probably a little too early, but hoping for future seasons.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:48 AM   #16
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I would be disappointed if Fishface turns into Armaggon. The poor guy is longing to be human again, and people want him to turn into some obscure character that looks like a derpy Street Shark?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #17
pannoni1
Foot Elite

The Channel 6 News Crew; though with Vernon appearing in the new movie and Irma appearing as a passing reference on Nick, Burne is the only one who just appeared on the OT. Its remarkable that they didn't get much love despite appearing in over half of all OT episodes.

Also another Konami character, Tora from the NES version of the Arcade Game. I was hoping s/he'd appear in an episode of the cartoon or the movies, but ended up disappointed, though at least the Shogun showed up as a robot in the episode "Combat Land".

They appeared in that Japan anime, but in terms of English only, the Punk Frogs. I don't count Playmates since they're tied to the cartoons. But it was a spinoff of TMNT within its own show, before Biker Mice and Samurai Pizza Cats did so.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 12-23-2013 at 07:24 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

A lot could be done with Viral and you could tack her on any Sci-fi theme really. Doesn't even have to be from Dimension X just simply a program brought to life.

(Its a comic book with four ninja fighting Turtles, its normal by comparison)

I thought Aska could fit in with the Savate bringing her into a comic people are reading would bring her out of obscurity.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

You know prior to the Nick show a lot of characters would have made this list such as:

- Metalhead
- Chrome Dome
- Mutagen Man

And others who hadn't appeared in a long time like Slash and Rahzar. Thank god Nick is bringing back some older characters.

Also IDW bringing back Bebop/Rocksteady who were previously OT and Archie exclusive.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #20
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant

I'm kind of hoping that maybe we'll see a new Alpha One, Rex-1, or Bug Man. Those guys aside, I really dig the villains from the Red Sky era of the OT and I surprised they weren't used in some other capacity somewhere in TMNT fiction.

Tags
characters