The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #1
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Turtles Movie Props Collections

Hello,

I wanted to create a new updated thread for everyone to share their movie prop/memorabilia. The previous thread has many broken photo images due to some if the popular host sites charging a fee.

If this is not allowed I can delete the thread. Anyways everyone please feel free to post up your props and production materials!

I will start with pieces I own from the original 1990 film, and then the 1991 secret of the ooze.

First up are shredders original costume pieces. These include his original gauntlets, shoulder armor, leg armor and hand claws. Included are 2 original continuity photos. After speaking with the original costume maker, I found out the crudely made hand claw was made for the dummy shredder that was thrown into the garbage truck.

These were purchased from a drome member who originally obtained them from the prop master Richard "Petie" Waldrop (the 2nd film prop master)

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 01-06-2019 at 07:54 PM.
tmntgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #2
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

The next set of photos are Foot Soldier costume pieces. These include 2 foot masks, 2 pairs of gauntlets, 1 pair of Tabi boots, arm wrapping, 1 weapon, and 1 original Polaroid

These were obtained by principle Foot actors Michael Norris, Johnny Holbrook's wife (he passed away)and drome member

Next photos are the original knee pads and shin gaurds given to me personally by Kenn Scott (Troum) I met him in Oregon this year and afterward he sent me these in the mail!

Kenn was originally cast as a principle foot actor. He is credited as "Talkative Foot" who has the nunchuck battle with Mikey in the apartment fight.
According to him he wore these everyday until he was cast as Raphaels stunt turtle. They still have his real last name Troum written in marker by the wardrobe department.

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 09-01-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #3
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

This is a piece of set dressing used on the backlot of the studio. several were made, this particular hydrant can be partially seen when the foot are coming out of the storm drain during the end battle

This was obtained from the Property Master Richard "Petie" Waldrop who stated he used it on many films throughout his career after turtles

This is Pat Johnson's personal 1 liner for the 1st 30 days of filming.

A One Liner Schedule is a filmmaking term for a shorter version of the shooting schedule.

PARKING PASS, originally obtained from Pat Johnson. I am unsure if this was used by crew or for large trucks to park on site
There is a tire mark on the back of it.

This is Bobby Herbecks original contract to write the 1990 Turtles film!
This details how much he was to be paid to write the original first treatment, compensation for sales etc. This is what started it all!

These are original continuity Polaroids mostly featuring Raphael. The apartment sofa can be seen, as well as a few scenes from the farmhouse

Original trailer in German for the 1990 film.

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 09-03-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Up next are 2 pairs of original weapons from the 1990 film.

Raphaels sai's! These were taken home by Kenn Scott (Troum) the stunt turtle
After filming completed. These match about 90% of the scenes in the film.

Since the turtles were touched up between scenes there is some green paint soaked into the leather of the handles.

Leonardo's Katanas! These were obtained by a drome member who original purchased from the Prop master Richard "Petie" Waldrop

These chucks were obtained from Michelan Sisti and were issued to him by the wardrobe department before filming the first movie. They were intended to be used to practice with before principal photography.
Also included is an original Jim Henson hat and photo taken on set of 2nd film.

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 01-06-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #5
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Now for props from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Secret of the Ooze

This is an original production made Ooze Canister. Im unsure if this was used on film, or intended for backup and unfinished. The side plates came inside the tube, and they are missing the TGRI decals.

This was originally obtained from the 2004 Azelea Auction held by Richard "Petie" Waldrop

This is an original Super Shredder shoulder armor blade. Complete with original behind the scenes photo.
This is the only piece I've ever sourced of super shredder.

Obtained by crew member of the 2nd film

This is an original piece of Raphaels leg created by the Jim Henson company.
When filming was completed crew members were instructed to cut up the costumes for security reasons. This was taken home as a memento and remains soft/supple. Complete with an original Polaroid from the first day of shooting.

This was also obtained by the same crew member, after the suits were purposely destroyed. Tokkas spike is made of silicone with foam inserted to provide strength and to prevent collapsing.

This is complete with an original behind the scenes photo

Tokka Maquette paint test. Obtained from a Henson crew members relative.

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 09-02-2018 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #6
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

This is a crew badge required to obtain entry into the studio for the 2nd film.
Originally named Carolco studios, and has since been changed to Screen Gems

This is an original crew gift watch given to the 2nd unit director Terry Leonard. He is famous for doing stunts in many hollywood blockbusters such as Indiana Jones.

Obtained from the Prop Store

This is Richard "Petie" Waldrops chairback, complete with Telescope directors chair. These were rented out to the studio for many films he propped and was sold to me after he retired. Included with the chair is an original script bag, with his company "Prop World" written in white ink. Also pictured a crew shirt for the first film.

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 09-02-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #7
rh608
Thug

props

If anyone is ever selling this stuff PLEASE DM me!!!
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #8
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

just found this thread, great stuff guys
I am not much into prop collecting due to expense but this is cool
Old 01-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #9
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Posted a few updated photos of the chucks and shredder leg armor on the first post
Old 01-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #10
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Thanks for sharing with us again tmntgeoff.

Wonder if NECA ever saw any of this before doing their Shredder and Foot figures? Some great reference pieces here for exactly that!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #11
Meow
Stone Warrior

Wow ... I'm pretty speechless, especially with some real awesome TMNT II gems. Pleasure to see such things - thanks a whole lot for sharing!

To those who own props like these:
What price levels are we looking at here?

How does it actually go down when you get new props? Reading as presumed most pieces have to be destroyed after finished film usage I also wonder what the real difficulties obtaining props are.

Besides that (no offense!) would you/did you try pieces on yourself? Eg putting the hand on, wearing a foot mask, etc.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #12
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Thanks for sharing with us again tmntgeoff.

Wonder if NECA ever saw any of this before doing their Shredder and Foot figures? Some great reference pieces here for exactly that!
I know they referred to my Katanas when they made Leo but didn't reach out for dimensions. Just details of the leather, hand gaurds etc. I post photos of my props on a movie props group which Roger from neca is a member of.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syf...les-toys%3famp

I tried reaching out to neca several times to help them out but they never respond. They might have been too far into the process to start over.

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 01-07-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:18 PM   #13
rh608
Thug

Shredder Helmet Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgeoff View Post
Hello,

I wanted to create a new updated thread for everyone to share their movie prop/memorabilia. The previous thread has many broken photo images due to some if the popular host sites charging a fee.

If this is not allowed I can delete the thread. Anyways everyone please feel free to post up your props and production materials!

I will start with pieces I own from the original 1990 film, and then the 1991 secret of the ooze.

First up are shredders original costume pieces. These include his original gauntlets, shoulder armor, leg armor and hand claws. Included are 2 original continuity photos. After speaking with the original costume maker, I found out the crudely made hand claw was made for the dummy shredder that was thrown into the garbage truck.
Someone had the other original helmet restored with the original trifected crown from the first film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmnt-shredder-helmet-prop-6.jpg (94.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg tmnt-shredder-helmet-prop-5.jpg (92.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #14
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
Someone had the other original helmet restored with the original trifected crown from the first film.
This is my helmet.

Some history on it. Drome member Navin Johnson mentioned in prior posts, that all 3 helmets were re used for the 2nd film. So technically a part 1 helmet didnt exist. After part 1 finished filming the original creator of the 1st Shredder helmet did not return for the sequel, but they re used what was left over.

This helmet in particular was in need of repairs and missing the silver trim that covered parts of the gold squares. It also had a top blade from part 2 that was latex rubber and warped. It was actually stuck under another part 2 helmet until I purchased it from another drome member

Since I had the top blade from the first film as well, I had Tom Spina convert it back to the original part 1 helmet. Some of the gold squares were glued,which created smooth areas, so I called on Tom Spina to complete a sympathetic restoration. In the photo above the blade is slightly higher than where its supposed to be, so he lowered it before returning to my possession.

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 04-05-2020 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:48 AM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
This is my helmet.

Some history on it. Drome member Navin Johnson mentioned in prior posts, that all 3 helmets were re used for the 2nd film. So technically a part 1 helmet didnt exist. After part 1 finished filming the original creator of the 1st Shredder helmet did not return for the sequel, but they re used what was left over.

This helmet in particular was in need of repairs and missing the silver trim that covered parts of the gold squares. It also had a top blade from part 2 that was latex rubber and warped. It was actually stuck under another part 2 helmet until I purchased it from another drome member

Since I had the top blade from the first film as well, I had Tom Spina convert it back to the original part 1 helmet. Some of the gold squares were glued,which created smooth areas, so I called on Tom Spina to complete a sympathetic restoration. In the photo above the blade is slightly higher than where its supposed to be, so he lowered it before returning to my possession.
So you own two of three helmets? How did you come to own the helmet?
Old 04-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #16
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Purchased from a forum member.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #17
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Purchased from a forum member.
Cool deal. How much does one cost?

That turtle costume...oh, the horror of abuses it has been through.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #18
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I think Geoff is involved in some serious voodoo stuff. I'm convinced he practices some sort of weird Native American rituals in his backyard and original props materialize in his house.

Again, great work Geoff!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #19
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I think Geoff is involved in some serious voodoo stuff. I'm convinced he practices some sort of weird Native American rituals in his backyard and original props materialize in his house.

Again, great work Geoff!
Haha Derek if I had those powers I'd have the whole movie set in my back yard lol.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #20
rh608
Thug

Awesome

Quote:
This is my helmet.

You are the one person in the world I am truly jealous of! If you ever want/need to get rid of any of that shredder gear please let me be the first you make inform! For real!