The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The All-New All-Different Amazing Spider-Man

Moving this to it's own thread rather than clutter up Renew Your Vows with it

Quote:
Are you ready for an all-new, all amazing… “Amazing Spider-Man?” Well get ready, because in October, Peter Parker is getting a new costume, a new global perspective, and a new… Car?

That’s right: not only is Spider-Man now a globe-spanning entrepreneur and inventor — think Tony Stark, but with less alcohol and more angst — he’s also bringing the classic Spider-Mobile back, along with a few other surprises.

The new series is written by fan favorite Dan Slott, drawn by Giuseppe Camuncoli, and has a new costume designed by Alex Ross. But before we get into what’s up with Spider-Man this fall, a quick rundown on how we got here.

Through a variety of body-switching circumstances too complicated to explain, mild-mannered Peter Parker ended up the owner of Parker Industries, a tech company. Post-“Secret Wars,” Parker is finally figuratively owning his new position in life, having taken Parker Industries and made it one of the leading companies in the world.

Move over, Stark Industries: Spider-Man is in charge this time.

“Peter Parker has stepped up,” Slott told MTV News over the phone. “He’s grown. He’s become the Peter Parker we’ve always hoped he was going to be. This company, with Peter’s inventions and Peter’s gumption has gone to new heights.”

Okay, back to the body switching for a second. The villainous Doctor Octopus took over Peter Parker’s body for a while, and that’s who started and created Parker Industries. But now, Peter is in control and in charge, and is creating inventions that have a decidedly friendly bent.

The inventions aren’t the only thing with Spider-Man’s trademark humor infused in them, though. Just like in the real world, Spider-Man is everywhere. Now that Peter Parker is an international icon, Spider-Man has become his bodyguard — mirroring a storyline that played out with Tony Stark back when “Iron Man” first launched — and so Spider-Man’s logo is on shirts, posters, toys, games and more all over the world.

Adding another wrinkle? It’s not the traditional red and blue costume of old. The new suit Ross designed has some tech secrets inside of it, beyond the glowing logo.

“The things this suit will be able to do and the innovations that Peter Parker has put into it will be astounding,” Slott noted, “and when you want to take something to the next level, you go, and make it look real, you go, ’hey Alex Ross, take your best shot.’ ”

While Ross tackled the new Spider-Suit, Giuseppe Camuncoli handled the new Spider-Mobile design, which editor Nick Lowe revealed, “you see it in the very first issue driving around the streets of Shanghai.”

Where the previous version was a goofy ’70s addition to Spider-Man’s mythos, this one is story driven (no pun intended).

“He’s operating with Parker industries in not just New York, but also Shanghai and San Francisco and London,” Slott said. “He’s going to be a far more global Spider-Man, and with that is going to come all new global threats. Things that will really test Spider-Man like never before.”

While spider-themed heroes like Miles Morales, Spider-Woman and more will be taking on Peter’s rogues gallery back in New York, Spider-Man’s new global scale means he’s taking on new enemies… But he won’t be tackling them alone.

“So, the Spider-Mobile,” Slott continued, “it’s a two-seater.”
SMobile-FINAL-mtv
Marvel

That means new allies, sure, but true to Spider-Man form, it also means romantic complications.

“One of the things I always loved was there was always a triangle,” Slott said. “There’s all these characters who are vying for Pete’s attention and I think you’re going to get back to that. You’re going to see all kinds of different characters we know and care about.”

Speaking of caring, fans who were excited about the announcement that Miles Morales was “the” Spider-Man when Marvel dropped the news this past week, shouldn’t worry that Parker’s return pushes the popular young Spider-Man to the wayside.

“What you’re going to get from Miles is you’re going to get classic Spider-Man,” Slott noted. “A teenager in high school having problems and trying to deal with things.

“And when you’re reading Peter Parker ’Amazing Spider-Man,’ you’re going to get the Spider-Man you’ve been reading about since 1962 going to all new levels. Can he do the street stuff? Sure, but he can do that times ten. It’s everything you know, everything you care about, amped up to a level you’ve never seen before.

“It’s not just this guy is Spider-Man, or that guy is a Spider-Man. Peter Parker isn’t just the greatest [Spider-Man]… We’re out to make him the world’s greatest superhero.”
http://www.mtv.com/news/2199978/amaz...=share_twitter

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Is... is this even real?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Where's the Leopardon?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting

"Fan Favorite Dan Slott!"

[citation needed]

Yeah. What the f*ck is this. Not Spider-Man. Spider-Man is about a middle class kid who's down on his luck. I guarantee Peter is going to be an asshole in this.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I guess that's what Miles is going to be about, while Peter is being the adult Iron Man-lite. Could be interesting, if not, at least something new then high-school/college student Peter.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:48 PM   #6
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
"Fan Favorite Dan Slott!"

[citation needed]

Yeah. What the f*ck is this. Not Spider-Man. Spider-Man is about a middle class kid who's down on his luck. I guarantee Peter is going to be an asshole in this.
That's exactly what Miles is.

and Pete is no kid anymore....and he can't stay a teen forever..
Old 06-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post

Apparently he and his supporting cast can't stay likeable forever either, as the last eight years worth of character assassinations have proven.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was deliberate on Marvel's end so people rally behind Miles and ultimately Miles has to take a more corrupt corporate Peter down. Student/Teacher storylines in all manners of fiction usually end up that way.

At least the "classic" Peter Parker still exists in the daily strip.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #8
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post

He's about 28 pre secret wars, right? In the Marvel Now hulk book Maria Hill says that Civil War happened about 11 months ago, so time obviously passes slower.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:03 PM   #9
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Apparently he and his supporting cast can't stay likeable forever either, as the last eight years worth of character assassinations have proven.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was deliberate on Marvel's end so people rally behind Miles and ultimately Miles has to take a more corrupt corporate Peter down. Student/Teacher storylines in all manners of fiction usually end up that way.

At least the "classic" Peter Parker still exists in the daily strip.
I don't think they'd make Peter evil......

still....not loving the playboy vibes....can't he just be with MJ and start a family or something? and work on his family and company?
Old 07-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #10
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Goodness, I really despise Dan Slott's work on Spider-Man.

What a great idea to turn Peter into Tony Stark. Sigh.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #11
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
There's just so much here to- dislike.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Wait...so he is not married or have a family in the re-relaunch? I thought all along Renew Your Vows was just a tease to the majority of the fan base who wanted the marriage restored. Still I let my hopes get up thinking Marvel would actually do something right with Spider-Man. *sigh* I do not think I will continue on pulling ASM with the latest relaunch.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #14
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Wait...so he is not married or have a family in the re-relaunch? I thought all along Renew Your Vows was just a tease to the majority of the fan base who wanted the marriage restored. Still I let my hopes get up thinking Marvel would actually do something right with Spider-Man. *sigh* I do not think I will continue on pulling ASM with the latest relaunch.
Slott said "elements" would carry over from RYV, evidently he did not mean the marriage would. It's becoming pretty evident that one of the elements are weapons Peter develops in that story to protect Annie from The Regent, like the Spider-Inhibitors.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #15
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The two worst and most notorious Spider-Man writers arguing over what makes a good Spider-Man story. Oh that's so rich its got to be fattening.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #16
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Seems rather stupid removing the marriage. Especially when we got both a teenage Spider-Man and an adult Spider-Man.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #17
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Gee, good thing I didn't get my hopes up..... Guess I'm done with spidey now. These twits can't get their heads out of their posteriors long enough to realize that their "great ideas" are killing the franchise.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #18
ZariusTwo
Overlord

News from comic con:

-A cockier Peter Parker to go with his buisness
-For people who want a “younger” Peter Parker, there is an all-ages prequel book coming called simply “Spidey”
-MJ will be in a “fun and different place”, that does’nt look like it will be at Peter’s side (in the regular books anyway, she’ll remain his wife in the newspaper strip)
-Harry and Norman will be back
-Joe Kelly is writing a new Spidey/Deadpool series
Old 07-13-2015, 06:18 AM   #19
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Was it confirmed that the Spider-Man Deadpool book is a mini or ongoing. No panel coverage I read made it clear. Either way I'm excited love Joe Kelly's Deadpool I must have picked up that Omnibus and reread it ten times since getting it. To bad it has to be saddled with Peter Parker the sad sack that Dan Slott has made him into is not fun to read at all.

As for Mary Jane I am convinced she will be either be the Red Head Bendis spoke about on Iron Man or she's in Miles maybe she is Miles legal guardian on 616 earth. I mean he is a teenager and if his whole world is dead that means his parents are to then he will still need an adult. Maybe that is the element from renew your vows MJ being a mom just not the way people wanted.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:41 AM   #20
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So some preview pages have come out for the all-ages in-continuity prequel comic "Spidey" and it seems Marvel will be tweeking the origin story again following Secret Wars. There are new designs for Peter's wrestling outfit and Crusher Hogan, Peter now watches the Burgler escape the cops outside in an alleyway rather than in the corridor of a building, and he's present when Uncle Ben is shot too in what appears to be a homage to the death scene from the first Sam Raimi movie (a nod to Sony for allowing Spidey to be used in the MCU perhaps?)

Also, The White Rabbit has been retconned to have been part of the Lee/Ditko era

Tags
spider-man