The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 02:28 PM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'd love to see another movie with Abby, Holtz, Gilbert and Patty. A crossover with the old team would be pretty sweet.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #22
Allio
Foot Elite

Just give me Ghostbusters with the cast of Whose line and I'll be set.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #23
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Just give me Ghostbusters with the cast of Whose line and I'll be set.
I did not realize how badly I wanted this...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #24
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That would be absolutely glorious !
Old 07-21-2017, 09:28 PM   #25
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Make the movie with 2 girls and 2 guys busters and keep Paul Fieg away
Yes, and one white, one black, one Hispanic, and one Asian. Ken Jeong anyone? Lin-Manuel Miranda perhaps?
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:30 PM   #26
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I saw this yesterday. I said it's not surprising for movies that underperformed to get sequels. Most of the issue was the reaction not the movie.

I hope it happens and they connect it to the originals. It might not be a direct sequel but I'm sure they'll keep it and it's characters officially part of the franchise and canon now.

There's no way they'll ever write it off with all the hate it got. It would be seen as giving into to the controversy and the complaints.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:31 PM   #27
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I guess this means we can gear up for the 3rd entry of the Bay-verse TMNT?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:57 PM   #28
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Hopefully this new film wouldn't be more of the same drek we got last year. And if it is, at least IDW's still representing the brand in a good way.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This offers a clue:

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2017/07/...uring-cg-egon/

If they are actively talking about whether or not they should or will do a CGI Egon... and this says they are... we can kind of figure out where their head is for the new movie.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:30 PM   #30
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This offers a clue:

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2017/07/...uring-cg-egon/

If they are actively talking about whether or not they should or will do a CGI Egon... and this says they are... we can kind of figure out where their head is for the new movie.
Ugh. Sony, please stop.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #31
sdp
-

Can they even do a crossover in a new one? Didn't Answer the Call establish itself as a reboot or could that be retconned?

Answer the Call is also not "terrible" I half-watched it in a flight and it seemed generic/mediocre but not horrible.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #32
Powder
So tired of this place

I would check out a new GB with the old cast & a CGI Egon ghost cameo. As long as it's done tastefully & his family's into it, it could be a really cool tribute to him.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:35 PM   #33
Wildcat
Foot Elite

At first I was against a CGI Egon when I heard it but if it's something small it could work. Like if he appeared on a video screen to warn the the others of a threat or something where it wouldn't be so apparent that it was cgi.

A ghost would be ok too I guess. I remember some art people made when he passed away. One had him going into a ghost trap but that really did not make sense. The team would not capture him and put him into the containment unit.

I'm still disappointed they're going with the alternate universe thing to merge them. It's alright but I would have done that differently.

Although a long time ago before the reboot Dan Aykroyd mentioned a supposed plot for GB3 about a new team discovering alternate dimensions. It fits. It is about the supernatural.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:26 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I posted in the other thread one way it could work. It could be the female Ghostbusters find out Gozer has made the whole world forget the original Ghostbusters ever existed, and gave them other civilian identities. The female Ghostbusters could snap the original Ghostbusters out of it, then they all team up to put Gozer down for good.

That or a variation of it would work nice if they don't want to get into alternate dimensions. I'd kind of rather they didn't, myself.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:40 AM   #35
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
I posted in the other thread one way it could work. It could be the female Ghostbusters find out Gozer has made the whole world forget the original Ghostbusters ever existed, and gave them other civilian identities. The female Ghostbusters could snap the original Ghostbusters out of it, then they all team up to put Gozer down for good.

That or a variation of it would work nice if they don't want to get into alternate dimensions. I'd kind of rather they didn't, myself.
Ya I remember. I said the government erased people's minds but I like your way better.

I'm not against alternate dimensions. They fit with the series. The reason I'm against the use for this situation is I don't like that the original GB and new GB do not exist in the same world.

I feel it discredits both. As in "you're not good enough so we're making you into an alternate universe".

I know it's Paul Feig's fault for not making it some kinda continuation but they could try a different way to connect them. It's not that hard. I guess it's up to Ivan Reitman or Dan Aykroyd. They control GhostCorps.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:36 AM   #36
snake
Disgusting

I would incorporate Egon's death into the movie rather than use a CGI Egon, unless it would appear in a flashback scene.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Ya I remember. I said the government erased people's minds but I like your way better.

I'm not against alternate dimensions. They fit with the series. The reason I'm against the use for this situation is I don't like that the original GB and new GB do not exist in the same world.

I feel it discredits both. As in "you're not good enough so we're making you into an alternate universe".

I know it's Paul Feig's fault for not making it some kinda continuation but they could try a different way to connect them. It's not that hard. I guess it's up to Ivan Reitman or Dan Aykroyd. They control GhostCorps.
Yeah, the thing about making alternate dimensions/universes to try and reconcile things in a franchise -- and this comes up often in comics -- is that you don't actually end up doing that. You just end up compartmentalizing them and making things even more convoluted.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #38
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

you already put far more thought and effort into something than the people who made the last movie.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:09 PM   #39
ToTheNines
[sic]

The ATC girls are getting their own series in October.

I like the movie and I've loved the GB101 crossover with the original team, but I'm extremely tenuous about getting behind any GB comic that isn't by Burnham/Schoening/Delgado.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #40
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
The ATC girls are getting their own series in October.

I like the movie and I've loved the GB101 crossover with the original team, but I'm extremely tenuous about getting behind any GB comic that isn't by Burnham/Schoening/Delgado.
I feel the same way.

Judging by the cover art, they're going for that "Tumblr webcomic with heavily decompressed storyline" aesthetic.

Abby and Holtzmann's facial expressions are freaking me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuckbusters, mothercuckbucket, sjws answer the call, snake_the_cuck