The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2014, 04:30 AM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

successful Spin-Offs?

To my knowledge, there has never been a successful spin-off to TMNT. But what if there was one?

Which character/s would it be centered around?
What type of story would it be?
What theme's would it have?
etc.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fred Wolf proposed an Usagi spinoff using the OT Usagi that never got off the ground.

There was also going to be a Mutanimals cartoon in the mid-90's apparently with Krang as the main villain, using the same mutants who appeared throughout the show that was rejected by all the networks at the time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I'd say having a TMNT: Turtle's in Training.

This would focus on the younger years of the Turtles growing up.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
miru
Mad Scientist

Gross Grub With Pizzaface. Imagine that!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
87tmntfan
Random Punk

I would have liked to see the punk frogs have there own show!!!!!
87tmntfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'd love to see a Renet ongoing. Her misadventures in time, trying to correct things and probably making things worse.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #7
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

How about a prequel series with Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki? It would be set before the turtles and show their lives growing up together.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #8
pannoni1
Foot Elite

A Triceratons vs. Federation series could clearly be part of its own universe, with the Fugitoid its hero. Just use the main Triceratons (Azokk, the All-Star Team, Commander Mozar. People would see it more as Star Trek meets Dinosaurs than a TMNT spinoff, which wouldn't have been a bad thing back then. But ultimately the Triceratons flee the Federation and seek out their own home world while avoiding problems with other aliens, federations, and natural disasters, along with the occassional TMNT guest episode. Have themes related to contemporary space discoveries along with fantasies. The ultimate goal for this story is to find the ancestors of the prehistoric dinosaurs that seemingly are found in another galaxy that was the source of the meteor that killed the dinosaurs only to discover that a huge war by the galaxy's empire is using them for their gain.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #9
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
A Triceratons vs. Federation series could clearly be part of its own universe, with the Fugitoid its hero. Just use the main Triceratons (Azokk, the All-Star Team, Commander Mozar. People would see it more as Star Trek meets Dinosaurs than a TMNT spinoff, which wouldn't have been a bad thing back then. But ultimately the Triceratons flee the Federation and seek out their own home world while avoiding problems with other aliens, federations, and natural disasters, along with the occassional TMNT guest episode. Have themes related to contemporary space discoveries along with fantasies. The ultimate goal for this story is to find the ancestors of the prehistoric dinosaurs that seemingly are found in another galaxy that was the source of the meteor that killed the dinosaurs only to discover that a huge war by the galaxy's empire is using them for their gain.
I want to see this..... NOW!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
A Fugitoid show would be great.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #11
dragonside
Hench Mutant

I'd love to see a same as it never was spin off.

We really only saw the end of it.... but I'd like to see the conflict and events that happened before it.

And of course the Super Turtles. That would be a lot of fun. seriously.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #12
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
I'd love to see a same as it never was spin off.

We really only saw the end of it.... but I'd like to see the conflict and events that happened before it.
Yeah. How did Donnie disappear anyway?

Given the way Leo and Raph acted when they saw him after so long, or at least the brother they remembered seeing before everything went to ****. So maybe they knew what happened to Donnie or had some clue about it.

Say for example: Donnie is captured and subject to experimentation. The other Turtles go rescue him, Leo and Raph find him but it's too late to do anything to save him. So Leo is forced to put their brother out of his misery. Mikey doesn't see it or he arrives afterwards, knowing the truth would hurt Mikey more then the saying that their brother had simply vanished. Leo tells Mikey that Donnie wasn't there.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #13
miru
Mad Scientist

Maybe a defictionalized Space Heroes?
Old 08-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #14
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
I agree, but I suppose you talk of the 2003 show now.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic, tmnt characters