The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 10-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #1
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

NECA Toon Shredder

A repaint of the NECA Arcade Shredder from SDCC, in classic cartoon colors. The cape is from original 1988 Shredder. Can't exactly call it toon accurate since the sculpt is based on Mirage Comics Shredder, but even just a simple repaint can make a big difference!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:31 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, the sculpt isn't 100% perfect for that iteration's likeness, but it does work pretty well. You did an amazing job, as usual! Your paint especially, it always looks so smooth, perfectly applied. I imagine the eyes must be no easy feat to get down pat, but you nailed those, too. Crazy how fitting the cape is.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:46 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The eyes look great, I was a complete mess trying just to paint them white, but you even added the pupils right on point. Did you remove the face plate to do it, or is it all steady hands?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:23 AM   #4
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, the sculpt isn't 100% perfect for that iteration's likeness, but it does work pretty well. You did an amazing job, as usual! Your paint especially, it always looks so smooth, perfectly applied. I imagine the eyes must be no easy feat to get down pat, but you nailed those, too. Crazy how fitting the cape is.
Thanks! Yeah the sculpt does seem a bit too thin to be the OT Shredder but it seemed pretty close in the arcade color scheme so I thought I would see how it turned out. And yes somehow the vintage cape was a perfect fit for this Shredder. It drapes down perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The eyes look great, I was a complete mess trying just to paint them white, but you even added the pupils right on point. Did you remove the face plate to do it, or is it all steady hands?
Thanks! No I didn't remove the face mask, I was going to but it seemed like it would need excessive force to remove it and I didn't wanna risk ruining the figure. It was hard to get the eyes pained with such little working space, had to keep going over it again and again, still not quite perfect.

I also painted the cape that it came with, the head pops off easily to switch capes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:10 AM   #5
ArticulationJunkie
Random Punk

Too cool, superb work here bro... it looks official!
ArticulationJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
Nick Pitarra
Mouser

Thats awesome! Great work.
Nick Pitarra is offline   Reply With Quote