The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-20-2017, 06:41 AM   #7701
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Dad had an attitude yesterday and wanted to go outside. I swear, he does this every damn time the nurse comes so he can be pitied, but she knows his game and doesn't pity him one bit. We always make it clear that when we take him outside that it is the only day we're going to do it but he keeps acting this way and doesn't care. So tired of it!

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #7702
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

So, Dad woke us up this morning at ten after five in the morning by blaring his TV loud! Seriously? Every time he tried to go back to sleep, I woke him up to see how he'd like it. Stupid jerk!

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:38 PM   #7703
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Oh yay. Nature strikes again. In an ironic little twist I first realized it while reading one of the more disturbing murder incidents in Stephen King's It. Figures. Bloody hell....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #7704
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My brother has been in San Marcos on his own for a little while now, and he's gotten really sick with the flu .
Old 09-25-2017, 06:25 PM   #7705
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not even going to go into it long winded like I often do since it'll just piss me off again and I don't have the mental energy for that anymore today...

But yeah, when you get into work and there is a note from your manager for you and two others to clean up the kids swimsuit clearance and give some attention to the intimates department (women's underwear) as well... but somehow it just ends up as ME cleaning up intimates alone - WTF. And that area is a hell hole that no one ever wants to have to deal with, so suffice it to say I was pissed for most of my shift.

The other two were in sooner than I was, did only a half ass job on the swimsuits, and had they been working on fixing up intimates I'd have gladly jumped in and helped, but to be told by one of them to hit that while they were already messing with other stuff they were instructed, SKIPPING intimates and leaving it for me... UGH.

And one of them told me to then work on the freight for intimates, to which I INFORMED her that the manager wanted ME (as written on the note and ASKED of me yesterday) to continue on the clearance stickers today where she'd left off. THEY were instructed to work on freight, not me. I busted my ass on that crap Saturday, and some again later in a really long shift yesterday, and still very sore because of it... while this woman had off yesterday and I was left to do the sale signs for the entire floor alone when she'd normally be there doing half of it. My arms just ache from overdoing it the last couple of days (and now somewhat today) and I don't even get a break until Wednesday. Like hell I'm going to kill myself on it.

Had looked forward to just taking it easy and doing the clearance stickers, but nooo... Because they left me to rot with Intimates alone, I ended up spending most of my shift on THAT crap. And the person who HAS often been the one to work on the stock for that department and has busted my ass recently for it and other areas around there, has been ME, though I feel like there is little recognition or credit given to it... And Intimates is so jam packed, there is almost NO room to even fight with it to try to get stuff out, let alone straighten it up to figure out where half of it goes. It's enough to make you go insane.

This one coworker though... I'm not 100% fond of her to start with, though I think we've gotten to know each other a bit more now so it's better, but she's a former lead (having stepped down from that position either right before or soon after I started working there, prior to her having twins), so I think she still feels like she's some kind of superior. But eff that. Plus other crap and I was just angry for most of my shift and ready to take a match to that whole department... (I kind of hope she got the hint that I was rather pissed off over the whole thing.)

Never mind, I guess I can't not make that long winded, but I did try to keep it as the 'short' version, so technically it could have been worse.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:47 AM   #7706
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

This last week has been truly horrendous.

I had to go almost the entire time without any internet. Stupid internet company and their horrible service.
I couldn’t make ANY progress in my studies.
I accidentally cut myself washing dishes at work.
The health department visited work and really screwed us over. They found a bunch of health code violations and now things are stricter than ever. And it gets WORSE. Now all employees have to have some food-handling-permit, and if we don’t by Saturday, we’ll stop working there. So now I have to go out of my way and take some idiotic course on how to properly wash my hands or some ****, just to work in my pathetic little dead-end job. And the money for that coming out of my pocket, of course.
And to top it all off, my car died on me on my way home from work today. I had to suffer the humiliation of having to call a family member to help. And then get chastised for this and that. And I still have to shelf out the money to fix the damn thing or even worse, buy a new one.

Couple all this with the constant feeling of failure and sleep deprivation, and you have my last week.

I’ve heard the saying “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!” and that problems are the spice of life that make you enjoy the good times that much more, but sometimes it feels like all I get are lemons and spice. Why does this have to happen to me?

Dammit.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #7707
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When a family member (mother, as usual) is too damn oblivious to notice your flipping initial on something in the fridge. Had she asked if my nephew could have the rest of my super sharp cheddar, I might have agreed, if annoyed because I kind of wanted that, but to be too blind to just grab it and not notice the damn "S." on it? ARG!

Not like the kid's mother makes better pay and often has some kind of cheese in the fridge that he could have had some of (which he did have some shredded as well, so lets just stuff him full of it, right?)... no, take it from the person making minimum wage and rarely buys herself that awesome Cabot cheddar.

I mean, it wouldn't even have been as bad if she'd just snitched a little from a newly open bar... but to finish it off, cutting it into larger chunks than he needs, with high chances that he'd waste 3/4ths of it? Nice.

No, I'm not one of the eager food sharing types. I'm rather territorial over food, largely brought on by the home situation growing up... I might grudgingly share if asked, but just taking it without asking is asking to get a hand bit, figuratively speaking.

To be fair, I usually turn it down if someone offers me some of something they have... I just don't like the idea of taking food away from others. Sooo someone not asking and just taking from me I guess feels insulting. And, with family, if I snitched a little of something, it would be a LITTLE and not at all if it would finish it. (Likewise, I wouldn't care as much if a little was taken, but finishing it up and that much... Grr.)
Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #7708
Powder
So tired of this place

Got this one friend, when she shows me something that I've already seen, she gets hella mad & stops talking to me for a little while. It's so stupid.

Every time-

Friend: look at this
Me: oh I saw this too!!! it's so funny lol
Friend: what the f**k why have you seen everything already
Me: it was on my twitter feed yesterday
Friend: [radio silence, sometimes for hours]

In this intance I said "We follow a lot of the same people & I'm online constantly lmao" which got no reply, & my follow up messages are going ignored now. As is always the case when I've already seen the shared content...

I'm sure someone would say "Just act like it's new to you & save you both the frustration" but nah. I wanna react organically & I like that we see the same things on the same sites or whatever. She just gets petty about the weirdest things sometimes.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:31 PM   #7709
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I've got a longtime online friend who's very similar, but more typically with game stuff.

Got into playing some MMOs together, but she tended to be lazy about it. Sometimes I'd play on my own when she wasn't on because I actually wanted to PLAY, not just meander around, do most of the work for two, or sit and wait for her to stop being "away" while she got sidetracked with something else in her house without warning.

She did not take it well if I got ahead in level, already did a quest, or, dear god, 'discovered' a spot on the map without her. Would get mad and sometimes stop playing for a bit over little things like that. Even threaten to delete her character. Not really sure what to make of types like that.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #7710
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
The health department visited work and really screwed us over. They found a bunch of health code violations and now things are stricter than ever. And it gets WORSE. Now all employees have to have some food-handling-permit, and if we don’t by Saturday, we’ll stop working there. So now I have to go out of my way and take some idiotic course on how to properly wash my hands or some ****, just to work in my pathetic little dead-end job. And the money for that coming out of my pocket
God forbid restaurants adhere to strict rules to keep people healthy and coming back. Gawrsh.

But they could have paid for the permit, I guess, I'll give you that.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:19 PM   #7711
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ever since my internship, my tailbone hurts when I sit on something a certain way. Or that general area.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:42 PM   #7712
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Co-worker sent upstairs to help me (still plenty of stock to get put out)...goes to break at after only a really short time (and only 2.5 hours after she came into work, after being late)...conveniently never comes back upstairs. Grr.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:46 AM   #7713
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Having a cold that makes it hard to talk and flood.

It's been raining like crazy on Saturday night, so much that roads are now rivers, schools are closed and my Dad's farm is closed off due to the road being washed away and my uncle's house was taken by a landslide. No one got hurt, but half of his house is now filled with dirt.

And more rain incoming is been reported. Luckily for me, I live on a hilltop so I've had no water damages.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:43 AM   #7714
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's awful, sorry to hear that! Is it the remnants of those last hurricanes?

10/3 - Oh joy, the brown marmorated stink bugs have started to make their annual migration indoors.

Like it isn't enough of an issue that they can cause severe agricultural issues in this region, they want to spend the winter inside with us, too.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-03-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #7715
Vegita-San
Emperor

some days I feel like the technodrome needs a complete overhaul, top to bottom.

If and when the board gets an upgrade, delete all members, all posts.. get mods that actually have power on all forums, not just some.

this place really is the wild wild west of the internet..and there are times when i wonder why I still bother.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #7716
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Like it isn't enough of an issue that they can cause severe agricultural issues in this region, they want to spend the winter inside with us, too.
we get an infestation of lady bugs every spring :/...
Old 10-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #7717
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd almost say I'd prefer that, since they aren't nosy and don't stink if you grab one, but those guys can bite if they really want to, so maybe not. lol
Old 10-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #7718
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
some days I feel like the technodrome needs a complete overhaul, top to bottom.

If and when the board gets an upgrade, delete all members, all posts.. get mods that actually have power on all forums, not just some.

this place really is the wild wild west of the internet..and there are times when i wonder why I still bother.
All you ever do though is complain about this forum, and everywhere else you post on the internet. So nothing would change, because you have this reaction on all the other forums you've been on like your He-man forum and your SJW rants in other places I could mention.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #7719
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Adults on the internet who can't not poke and prod each other to the point of creating endless pointless off topic tangents that have to be cleaned up.

Yes, it's all the (very few, somewhat active) MODS fault that you idiots can't freaking act like civilized human beings!

GROW THE HECK UP!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #7720
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Adults on the internet who can't not poke and prod each other to the point of creating endless pointless off topic tangents that have to be cleaned up.

Yes, it's all the (very few, somewhat active) MODS fault that you idiots can't freaking act like civilized human beings!

GROW THE HECK UP!
not trying to infer it's the mods fault. I know you guys do the best you can.

but Sadly the above seems impossible. The Ignore function only works so much. and when that function doesn't get used both ways, and when some folks don't let up, it just creates an endless cycle of idiocy. more than one thread I see myself just sitting, reading, and SMH...

Like you said in another post, there are ways to deal with it without stooping low, but it does get tiresome after a while. A complete 100% member overhaul/deletion one day, as well as a post clear out might not be a bad idea to try and start fresh. it probably won't last long, though.

so many threads get thrown off topic, that it's tempting just to follow coola's example and just browse certain sections, but even that doesn't always work.
has to be a way to cut down on the wild west nature of it a bit so people arn't afraid to come in and say hi .