The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #8021
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ooooh man, I've seen that too .

Followed by Joshua and the Promised Land...which is significantly worse.
(Monkey!Moses yelling "nooo" is still practically art in how comically terrible it is)

Spoiler:

Why would someone make this...
Old 03-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #8022
Vegita-San
Emperor

The ignore list is nice to have.

But I just wish that it wasn't needed at all. People can be so damn nasty to each other without a seconds thought as to the persons feelings that it can send some to the psych ward.

get rid of combative people like cube around here and I bet the place will feel much friendlier.

No point in having alot of traffic if alot of that traffic is just nasty posts toward one another.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #8023
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Blocking is the single worst feature in social media platforms I can think of. It's gotten to the point of who can insult first and block the other to have the "final word".

All the people who have blocked me on twitter is for either a dumb reason or to end a debate. My favorite is when they call you names through your PM box right before blocking you, saving face with their followers but still getting to insult you. I mean I don't get into debates or arguments much of the time and it's rare that I get political on twitter. But a simple "I didn't like the new Zelda game" and bam, called an idiot and blocked.

It's even worse when it comes to political ideals, I've been blocked at least once by someone who I never interacted with but blocked all the people who followed a person they disliked. And that's only one person that I'm aware of, who knows how many others have done that, I don't even know what script they use to be able to block all followers of a single person they dislike, and it's not like I was following say a neo nazi movement or anything crazy like that

Blocking is creating the biggest echo chambers and bubble communities and this is doing a lot of harm. You can't have a real discussion anymore because any different opinion means you're out of it so you start getting stuck with people who only think like you and that's dangerous or in this forum's case boring since there aren't enough posters

No one likes to take any type of constructive criticism anymore and prefer to be around people who only like what they like. Sucks for Twitter too since no matter what they do they seem to upset someone and they all think Twitter "sucks now that they _____ to pander to ____" no matter what everyone bashes twitter and say that it sucks, at least that's some common ground for all twitter users but yet they keep using it.

I just think mainstream society wasn't and isn't ready for the internet, they don't understand how it works. We have too many "Casuals" online, the internet 2.0 was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #8024
Vegita-San
Emperor

I agree that blocking can get out of control.

some of the things people block others for on twitter are just weird. like multiple tagging in conversations. how does that hurt anyone?

and yes, it does create a false sense of conversation where you are basically talking to people who think the same way. that is one of it's traps.

But, it also prevents rudeness. why do I need to interact with someone who thinks so little of my posts as to call me 'clueless' just for saying something they may not like or understand? or interact with someone who posts pretty much the same things I do, and who I WOULD agree with most of the time, yet thinks I'M the 'woman hating TROLL?' that's just a strange level of insanity that's best left avoided.

So while I agree that the block list can be over used at times..and peoples reactions once they find out get even worse and more insulting over time...
I think it's a sad necessary evil to have. If you're so clueless that your first reaction is to be rude and insulting, why bother interacting with you?

easier just to ignore.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #8025
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I will ruthlessly block/ignore whomever I want no association with whatsoever, no regrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Ooooh man, I've seen that too .

Followed by Joshua and the Promised Land...which is significantly worse.
(Monkey!Moses yelling "nooo" is still practically art in how comically terrible it is)

Spoiler:

Why would someone make this...
Oh My, I just saw SaberSpark review it.. I don't know what to say.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-04-2018 at 01:55 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:36 PM   #8026
CyberCubed
Overlord

blocking/ignore feature is pointless, it makes you feel like you're missing something especially on forums. And as said, once other people quote posts from users you have on ignore or respond to them, you see what they say anyway. I've never used the block/ignore feature anywhere online over the last 20 years, there's no point.

If you don't want to interact with someone anymore, just click the "exit" button on you browser or just click another thread on the internet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:03 PM   #8027
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

*Your milage may vary.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #8028
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Know what would be great... if jobs came with an ignore list. I'd certainly use it on one sometimes snippy, bossy co-worker.

Basically ruin my whole shift (via making me mad at her the whole time) by pulling a condescending attitude at me soon after I get there. For no damn good reason, and there never is one. Some days here and there she seems nicer, so I don't get her. I would chalk it up to maybe she's just moody, but when she and another co-worker are palling around working on stuff but then be like this to me... Eff that. It's unfortunate that I can't even say anything to that other co-worker then.

Can't decide if she takes me as one of those young useless girls who just barely actually works (despite the fact that there is a very good chance that at the late end of 38 I could very well be older than she is), because that's certainly the tone I felt I heard today. OR if she knows damn well that I work pretty hard in that place and as a former lead, and buddy of our manager because of it, feels her hierarchy threatened and/or thinks she can still try to pull rank. Grr. (And awkwardly of course we share the same first name.)

Once we close, there are very few people that I won't miss - the vast majority have been such great people to have as co-workers - but shame that she's one of them.

To add to the enjoyment of my day... Anyone ever work retail (clothing) and use one of those tagging gun things? With the sharp needle on it... I knew it would get me good one day. Jabbed real good right in the finger tip. Fyi that definitely hurts a bit much and bleeds.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #8029
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Hey...yo...Call the Midwife.

What the fvck!?

Spoiler:
Why'd you kill Barbara?!
Are you trying to get Tom and Trixie back together? When they were doing perfectly fine apart?

And why do you always nix characters right after they come back from being gone for a while?

RIP Babs

I am...not okay

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-05-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:04 PM   #8030
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hate onion with a passion. And why does it have to be added to things it has no excuse being in? Too often I've seen it in ingredients where you wouldn't think it would be. But I'm skeptical enough to check certain things.

Was looking at the store brand instant mashed potatoes at the grocery store this afternoon. I wanted the cheesy one, but no... dehydrated onion. What cruel person thinks onion belongs in cheesy mashed potatoes. The "loaded" variety I can understand, but come on... (I did get one of another brand, but had wanted to stick to the store brand 3 for $3 deal.)

Coconut pulls the same crap sometimes, ruining (imo) things it shouldn't, but not as frequently.

3/7 - God I hate snow, and the storm that brought it today. Like trying to shovel heavy, wet cement, and all I wanted to do was get my vehicle cleaned off and clear enough behind it so I can go to work in the morning. The down side of having a soft top Jeep Wrangler... Gotta get the snow off but there is a lot and it weights a ton, and not helping that it causes the soft top to sink in under the weight, putting stress on that and making it harder to clear off. So hard to do just the amount I did that alone is nearly enough to make you throw up.

I mean, I'm glad I didn't have to work today, as that would suck that much more having to try to do it in the parking lot after work, but I don't look forward to tomorrow morning.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-07-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #8031
Ninjinister
無問題

Why the f**k do I need a bachelor's or higher in the field I've already been in for 11 years, to do the job I've been doing 11 years just for a different company?
Old 03-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #8032
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That is messed up. They won't accept longtime job experience?? Maybe with references from said job?

Or is this another failure of the online application process where their system itself will reject a person rather than ever getting the chance to talk to a human...

Grind... Why are people such a**holes?

We've had the stuffed animal pillow buddy Turtles in our store a long time. They never sold well because they (and all the other characters and critters) were $24.99 and sales were never good enough. Now that we're liquidating, the next to last one, Raph, finally left today.

We've had one single Donnie hanging around for quite a while, probably because of the hole in his arm. It's not even a legit hole, just a spot where stitching had come loose. I've been considering that if he doesn't end up bought by the time things are super cheap then maybe I'd take him home and patch him up myself and save him for my nephew when he's a bit older and won't tear him up himself.

Was over in that aisle today and saw Donnie still sitting there... Not only had some jackass torn off the replacement tag I'd put on it months ago, but they tore the mask off, too! And is the mask laying around somewhere nearby? Of course not. Just WTF.

I'd have thought it could have been someone's damn child that was allowed to manhandle him (as many brats in this store are far too often allowed to do to our merchandise), but I'd have thought that the arm surely would have also been 'torn' worse... however it wasn't... Either way, I just don't get it. Even if it was a kid, why let them do that? And lose the mask.

And of course it's one of the plush where the eyes are embroidered onto the mask so they are weirdly eyeless without it. Sad at this. If the eyes were on the darn plush I could just try to make a replacement mask...

Now I'm sitting here hunting eBay for appropriate embroidered patch eyes to no avail.

Although, side note, I found some really awesome Raph-like eyes. Even has that Nick Raph green eye color.
Spoiler:

If it wasn't too big, do I turn him into Raph with Donnie's skin color and strap... Hm.

edit: Found eyes that are a little closer to what the plush originally have... but god forbid eBay sellers give people ANY basic info at all, such as size. Arg.

Thinking... Suppose I could always do felt and use the similar Leo I have as reference...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-09-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #8033
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The cicadas have come...

And they are loud.

Or at least some insect is being noisy af right outside my window.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #8034
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Isn't that early for them even in Texas?? And at this hour? Curious about this. Or what it is if it isn't a cicada.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #8035
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I did realize that in the middle of posting.

It didn't last very long, but something was still noisy enough to alarm my foster cats. "Alarm" as in "try very frantically to find out where it is"
Old 03-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #8036
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
"Alarm" as in "try very frantically to find out where it is"
Always funny when that happens. Or the darting between different windows in different rooms.

No... it can't remain a mystery! lol
Old 03-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #8037
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It was pretty clearly behind the wall somewhere

In a whole new issue, I'm having some issues trying to find a reference for Krang's suit (IDW) in some new art...
Old 03-15-2018, 02:49 AM   #8038
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

When someone eats something that was meant for someone else, I tend to get pretty ticked.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #8039
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
When someone eats something that was meant for someone else, I tend to get pretty ticked.
Oh yeah, I'm with you there. I don't share food, and I will fight anyone who attempts to take mine. I am not joking.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #8040
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hear ya (edit: both of you) on that. I readily admit and make no apology that I'm rather food territorial. IF I offered, fine (and in that case prob be flattered that I did because it's kinda rare lol), if not...hands off. And anyone who takes good leftovers I intended as another meal is looking for a war...

Grind... Now that everything is moved to the first floor I'm stuck working down there. Just did the first day of that. Hating it. I want my second floor back. First floor is too damn cold, enough to nearly give me a headache. (I grabbed my coat at break and never took it off afterward.) And at least split between two floors both can get a bit of a break from the more annoying customers (and their kids in particularity) if they divide their time spent partly between both. Now... they're just around you the entire time they're in the building. Ugh.

Not to mention that if I'm still primarily responsible for the kid's merchandise I now have no idea where everything is, which is frustrating; plus the fact that it's now too spread out. Add in all the questions, esp pertaining to things in the usual 1st floor departments I've never been responsible for and am generally not familiar with...

3/19 - I attribute it to stress, but I'm getting tired of some bossy attitudes from my team lately. I'm not sure if anyone else is hearing it, but the few who I've gotten bossiness from lately is pissing me off. I HOPE the one today, who I wouldn't have expected if from, sensed the cold shoulder she was given afterward... I suspect she may have. Honestly, I feel I'm owed an apology with the way I was spoken to, but I'm rather forgiving. (To a point. And doesn't mean I'm not still irritated.) If she sensed I was ticked off, then that's enough I suppose.

Stupid thing is, the only ones with any right to be bossy are my managers, but none of them are, thank god. This one used to be a lead there, but that was a couple years ago now, she's just one of us regular ones after coming back part time around the holidays. Just two or three days a week, while I work five per week and sometimes more days than that in a row before getting a break... So, lady, don't even start with me... I'm busting my ass there a lot more than you are.

Direction from my higher ups, fine, no problem. A plus that they don't talk down to you. Bossiness from equal coworkers who seem more concerned that what I'm doing will benefit them most... ARG. Stupid thing is, I'd gladly help out in their departments if my manager wants me to or if they wanted help, but clearly it won't go both ways. And felling like I'm being told how to do my job, to their own personal benefit... I can just mentally feel those TAURUS horns threatening to take aim... *snorts and paws the ground with hoof*

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-19-2018 at 08:06 PM.