The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #21
ToTheNines
[sic]

That was so Easter eggy though. Never caught it until the internet told me. And like I said, they used both versions of Obi-Wan. We'll see.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

There are so many possibilities to make this an original film, a Western of a lonely Obi-Wan or even a Clone Wars era adventure since Ewan could still pull it off. Both of these are popular opinions of what the movie should be...

..but who am I kidding, it'll be an empire is attacking Tattooine leading up to ANH.

So...

EpVII
Rogue One
Ep VIII
Han Solo
EP IX
Obi Wan
?????

Will we get Episode X or another spin off after Obi Wan? No way Disney is letting the franchise rest after Ep IX and the Obi Wan spin-off but I don't know if it would be Ep X or just more spin offs.

Also will we continue to get a new movie every 6 months or yearly? Han Solo is less than 6 months after VIII but maybe May will become the yearly SW spot instead of December or will they continue to try to make more than one SW film per year?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

There were rumors of a Yoda and Boba Fett film around the same time this Obi-wan rumor started, so those are probably in the pipeline eventually.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:09 PM   #24
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And if Rey turns out to be some kind of super Jedi doing crazy Jedi stuff even beyond what Yoda could do, she didn't get that from Obi-Wan... he's just a pretty average Jedi.
He took down multiple Sith, how many other Jedi can say that?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:20 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There were rumors of a Yoda and Boba Fett film around the same time this Obi-wan rumor started, so those are probably in the pipeline eventually.
The Boba Fett film is pretty freaking far from a rumor. It was in full-on production with Josh Trank before he was snitched out because of his behavior on F4.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
He took down multiple Sith, how many other Jedi can say that?
Did he kill any Sith in the cartoons? I have no idea. By my count he only took down one... and that was after Qui-Gonn softened him up. He didn't finish the job on Anakin and lost when they met up again.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-17-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #27
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I'd be down for a Ewan Mcgregor Obi-Wan movie. I think a new film featuring a familiar and decently developed character is better than those other new ones with the horrible characters.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:50 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder what an Obi-Wan movie will be like with lots of Empire, Walkers, X-Wings, and TIE-Fighters and Vader. Because that's probably what we'll get with Kennedy and Disney.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I wonder what an Obi-Wan movie will be like with lots of Empire, Walkers, X-Wings, and TIE-Fighters and Vader. Because that's probably what we'll get with Kennedy and Disney.
I bet it'll even have a Luke Skywalker cameo somewhere, all they need to do is use the same technology they had to bring back Tarkin and Leia, but do it with Luke by making him look younger.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I bet it'll even have a Luke Skywalker cameo somewhere, all they need to do is use the same technology they had to bring back Tarkin and Leia, but do it with Luke by making him look younger.
There's no need for any of that if Luke is like 10 in this. Just cast a 10 year-old Luke.

But yeah, I'm sure we'll see Luke.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:50 AM   #31
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Did he kill any Sith in the cartoons? I have no idea. By my count he only took down one... and that was after Qui-Gonn softened him up. He didn't finish the job on Anakin and lost when they met up again.
I thought Obi-Wan let Darth Vader kill him in Ep 4, it looked that way to me anyway.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:55 AM   #32
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There was a rumor floating around about that a few months back.

I guess they could go that route, but it's not terribly exciting. And if Rey turns out to be some kind of super Jedi doing crazy Jedi stuff even beyond what Yoda could do, she didn't get that from Obi-Wan... he's just a pretty average Jedi.
Maybe she has a newly created, interesting origin seen as obviously she didn't come from Yoda and I doubt they'd have her come from Palpatine

Anyway, this post and the following discussion on Obi-Wan got me thinking of the most powerful Jedi's/Siths, also questioning the Skywalker's power. I don't want to risk steering the conversation from the thread so is anyone interested in talking about it separately or does it seem like a weak thread? or already been done?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Governor Kennedy, I've just been informed that Director Daldry has completed 95% of the filming."

"You may fire when ready."
Old 08-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #34
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
He straight up killed Maul in the rematch. He also killed Jedi hunter General Grievous. The very fact that he beat the chosen one Anakin says something. Even when he fought Vader again he let him kill him to encourage Luke. So he definitely was one of the more accomplished Jedi.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

I bet they're kicking themselves for having Obi-wan kill Darth Maul in the cartoons instead of saving that for a movie. You know good and well the movie would be hyped if they advertised it as the long awaited rematch between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:45 AM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I bet they're kicking themselves for having Obi-wan kill Darth Maul in the cartoons instead of saving that for a movie.
I think you're dead on with that. But they know if they kick the "we've got a firm grip on continuity in even the books/comics/cartoons" now, they would be shooting their credibility in the foot.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:48 AM   #37
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

HAS to be Ewan Mcgregor, or not interested.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:49 AM   #38
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
I bet they're kicking themselves for having Obi-wan kill Darth Maul in the cartoons instead of saving that for a movie. You know good and well the movie would be hyped if they advertised it as the long awaited rematch between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul.
I'm not sure they would want to do a movie with Maul knowing that the majority of the audience would have no clue how/when/why he was resurrected.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well it couldn't have been too hard to give a brief flashback or backstory. In fact for all we know the movie could still adapt stories from the cartoons or comics and just flesh them out more.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:47 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I'm not sure they would want to do a movie with Maul knowing that the majority of the audience would have no clue how/when/why he was resurrected.
A glimpse of robot legs at some point (maybe Obi-Wan gives one of them a glancing blow) would be explanation enough for viewers.

Tags
obi-wan cuckobi