The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have kids?
Yes I have kids and am a parent 11 35.48%
No, I do not have kids but I'd like to have some and be a parent in the future 9 29.03%
No, I do not have kids and never want kids. No plans to ever be a parent 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #61
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
And I'm sure any dude forcing a woman into bareback sex is going to want to pause in the act to hear all about how his world view is bullsh!t.

See also "stealthing".

There's a whole lot of people out there who believe that Consent is a Grey Area. A Blurred Line, if you will.
And those folks don't see themselves as being capable of sexual assault, let alone see that some of their actions constitute rape.

Hence the #MeToo movement.
Yeah, I've heard of stealthing. Absolutely disgusting.

It sucks because it seems like one of those things you might not find out until you're in bed with somebody, whether or not they're going to be willing to acquiesce to the use of contraception.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #62
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Speaking of blurring the line of consent, here's Louis C.K. on the courage it takes to date:

What we need to happen is for the FDA to approve male birthcontrol methods, and for more dudes to step up and get their tubes snipped.

Here's some history on the term Welfare Queen:
The Truth Behind The Lies Of The Original 'Welfare Queen'
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #63
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
What we need to happen is for the FDA to approve male birthcontrol methods, and for more dudes to step up and get their tubes snipped.
A lot of insurance policies cover that except for one copay for the initial consultation. Makes sense for the insurance companies... pay for one day surgery and some pain meds, and not have to worry about births and all the lovely medical costs associated with kids for the next 18 years...
Old 01-04-2018, 10:53 AM   #64
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
A lot of insurance policies cover that except for one copay for the initial consultation. Makes sense for the insurance companies... pay for one day surgery and some pain meds, and not have to worry about births and all the lovely medical costs associated with kids for the next 18 years...
That's good to hear, because it's not a universal thing when it comes to family planning and coverage. My GYN drafts up a worksheet to help her patients bob and weave their way through the insurance red-tape when it comes to IUDs.

And that IUD, way cheaper in the long run than pregnancy, labor and delivery.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:48 AM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

plastron I notice you didn't vote on the poll. Did you ever have kids in your life? I'm guessing not?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #66
newfan
Mad Scientist

.....I don't think the thread creator did either?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:06 PM   #67
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
.....I don't think the thread creator did either?
CyberCubed doesn't have kids.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
CyberCubed doesn't have kids.
But does he want kids?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #69
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But does he want kids?
That was what I meant, seen as you asked everyone else Cubed? Never, you love life as it is? or you were sat yesterday and suddenly felt like you MUST pass on your love of TMNT to another generation?

Last edited by newfan; 01-04-2018 at 12:19 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #70
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

In one thread, I remember Cubed saying he would not let his future kids leave the house until they have fully watched all 3 tmnt cartoons

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #71
Prowler
Emperor

If CC wants kids he should first of all get a woman. For that he needs to spend less time online. Because a cute a girlfriend won't just fall on his lap from heaven just like that... unless he mail orders it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:05 PM   #72
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

This thread is going places

Old 01-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Cybercubed ran away faster than if someone were to start talking about "A Day Inside May."
Old 01-04-2018, 05:08 PM   #74
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
This thread is going places
All CC threads have that potential.

Quote:
Cybercubed ran away faster than if someone were to start talking about "A Day Inside May."
LOL not that fanfic again.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:10 PM   #75
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

There has to be another variant of Crislers Law where Any reasonable thread by CyberCubed will eventually result in "A Day Inside May" being brought up.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
There has to be another variant of Crislers Law where Any reasonable thread by CyberCubed will eventually result in "A Day Inside May" being brought up.
That's fair. Or "Cybercubed's Law: A law that sooner or later in a discussion with Cybercubed, the discussion will inevitably shift into discussion of the passage of time, or getting older."
Old 01-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #77
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

"Wow, can you believe it's already the fourth day of 2018? It feels like just yesterday was the third day of 2018"
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

If ever have future kids or especially a son, I will raise them from the ground up to like TMNT and Nintendo.

My future child will grow up as if it's the 80's-90's, and will like everything I like from my childhood. At the age of 4 or so, I'd start them off on the original TMNT cartoon and the NES with Super Mario Bros, and we'd work from there throughout all the big Nintendo games from the NES and SNES era and other 80's and 90's cartoons.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:55 PM   #79
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If ever have future kids or especially a son, I will raise them from the ground up to like TMNT and Nintendo.

My future child will grow up as if it's the 80's-90's, and will like everything I like from my childhood. At the age of 4 or so, I'd start them off on the original TMNT cartoon and the NES with Super Mario Bros, and we'd work from there throughout all the big Nintendo games from the NES and SNES era and other 80's and 90's cartoons.

I'm a little worried that Cubed's theory of parenting even REMOTELY resembles my own parenting.

Quote:
That's fair. Or "Cybercubed's Law: A law that sooner or later in a discussion with Cybercubed, the discussion will inevitably shift into discussion of the passage of time, or getting older."
Put that S on UrbanDictionary, man; make it official!
Old 01-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be honest almost all parents bring their interests to their children. My father grew up with Star Trek and Batman in the 60's, and as a result he liked it into his adulthood and passed it down to me.

Then I grew up with 80's/90's franchises like TMNT, etc...and will pass them down to my future children.

Tags
a day inside may, andrew likes tags, cubed monkeys around, plastron comes back, plastron goes quiet