The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #101
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

And then there's the issue of debating with someone who actually reads the material.
"Donatello's dead!!! Childhood ruined!"
"Actually no, he survived, if you'd actually read his mind was planted in Metalhead while they healed his body and now he has a cool replacement shell--"
"HE DEAD!!!1!!!"

(And it's from one of the best Gravity Falls episodes too...)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #102
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And then there's the issue of debating with someone who actually reads the material.
"Donatello's dead!!! Childhood ruined!"
"Actually no, he survived, if you'd actually read his mind was planted in Metalhead while they healed his body and now he has a cool replacement shell--"
"HE DEAD!!!1!!!"

(And it's from one of the best Gravity Falls episodes too...)
HA! it must be nice to live in one's own personal little reality!

"childhood ruined" ?
doesn't sound like they've had all that great of a childhood to begin with.

PFFT! "childhood ruined"! GOOD GRAVY!
Old 06-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #103
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #11 at TMNT Entity.

While Dreadmon sort of faded into the background in this issue, I could definitely read a whole series about Ray and Sally hunting down cryptids and trying to recruit them before Null does. That's right up my alley.

The new take on the Gang of Four was extremely different from their Archie version, but considering how stupid that version was, I'm not complaining. And anyway, considering their history in the franchise, it makes sense to bring them in as major adversaries for the Mutanimals. Looking forward to seeing where all the Null stuff goes now that we're reminded it's still part of the narrative.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really do hope Null wages war against the Mutanimals soon. There doesn't seem to be any free time for it to happen given we know the upcoming stories coming up, but I sure as hell hope Null doesn't continue to linger in the series doing nothing from the shadows for the next 40ish issues too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #105
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really do hope Null wages war against the Mutanimals soon. There doesn't seem to be any free time for it to happen given we know the upcoming stories coming up, but I sure as hell hope Null doesn't continue to linger in the series doing nothing from the shadows for the next 40ish issues too.
You and me both, Cubed.

And I would not mind seeing this Gang of Four (Werewolves) show up again. The names are stupid, but they're pretty capable.

Maybe these IDW cyborg mercenaries can kidnap Slash, shoot him full of holes, and drop him out of a helicopter?

Nah, Slash has gone through enough already.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #106
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only time I can see Null getting an arc is in Universe, if she gets a 4-part arc after the Karai 4-parter. As I said many times, I notice how Null has never appeared in the main ongoing and only appears in the mini's or Universe. It may stay like that forever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #107
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only time I can see Null getting an arc is in Universe, if she gets a 4-part arc after the Karai 4-parter. As I said many times, I notice how Null has never appeared in the main ongoing and only appears in the mini's or Universe. It may stay like that forever.
Nah, she'll eventually be brought into the main ongoing.

I hope. She'd better.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:41 PM   #108
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

She might be involved in further development of the Agent Bishop plot in #76. It will be until August to September until we know for sure through solicits being released,but there is always the SDCC panel.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:00 AM   #109
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Re: post-Shredder TMNT, I have to point out that Shredder basically disappears from TMNTA after #25 (he appears again in two later, connected arcs), yet the (mostly) Shredder-free back half of that series is usually considered the stronger end of its run.

Re: this issue... eh. Felt like a pretty basic "Here's a new character, here's their origin" piece to me. I guess we'll see what IDW does with Dreadmon in the future.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:36 PM   #110
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Playing up the animals to mutants vs humans to mutants dynamic is interesting, since on one hand it seems to be hitting a point about 'privilege' in that Dreadmon has a human history, and a background to possibly go back to. He also might be seen as more legitimately human, a person who had a bad thing happen to him vs a mutant freak through and through. Dreadmon wishes he hadn't made the choice and wants to go back. Ray never had a choice and has (assuming he couldn't be mutated into a full human?) nothing to go back too except maybe a zoo animal.

On the other hand, Sally and Ray are uplifted animals. Their circumstances are tragic but they've been given intelligence, hands, and other things their ancestors never had. Dreadmon has had his standing in society and his previous identity ripped away from him. It's a definite contrast that may be played up later.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #111
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Though, considering the exact place he came from, he probably had very little standing of his own to begin with. He agreed to basically be a lab rat out of desperation to get out of the situation he was in, tired of being a soldier.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:17 AM   #112
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Though, considering the exact place he came from, he probably had very little standing of his own to begin with. He agreed to basically be a lab rat out of desperation to get out of the situation he was in, tired of being a soldier.
Exactly (Which informs his aversion to guns), but at the same time there's still that gap of Dreadmon (probably) seeing himself as a human inside a mutant body as opposed to Sally and Ray. The way the gang of four undid their mutation had to be a shock to him, which is why I can at least understand why he seemed to agree to go go with them. Be a prisoner or possibly become human again, what do you think most people would choose?

BTW, I actually read that exchange the first time with the thought that he was bluffing, though I'm not sure I could really back it up from the comic. At least he balked at just shooting Sally.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 09-12-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote