The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-01-2023, 12:46 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's OK to cheat in Japan?

Random, I know, but... a bit weird, no?

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:28 PM   #2
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

sure, but not as weird as the age of consent being 13.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:30 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mole View Post
sure, but not as weird as the age of consent being 13.
Apparently they JUST adjusted that to 16 this June.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/j...20sex%20crimes.
Old 12-01-2023, 03:40 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Anyone 17 and under is still a minor in Japan.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 03:56 PM   #5
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mole View Post
still disturbing
Age of consent in most US states is 16 as well, Japan just finally caught up to the rest of the world

https://www.ageofconsent.net/world

It could be worse, it could be the Phillippines where the age of consent is 12.

Last Movie Watched: The Bridge Curse (2020).
Last TV Show Watched: Resident Evil (S1:E2).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 04:22 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
It could be worse, it could be the Phillippines where the age of consent is 12.
Was. Looks like they beat Japan to the punch and changed it from 12 to 16 last year.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/07/asia/...hnk/index.html
Old 12-01-2023, 05:42 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

I don't know. Better ask a Japanese person or someone who has lived there. I feel like a lot of misinformation is spread about Japan online.

As for age of consent, here in Portugal it's 14 but there's a big grey area about that, so technically it's only fully legal by the time someone is 16. 16 is also the age one can get legally married here, but you need permission from your parents to get married when they're not 18 yet.

I think age of consent throughout most European nations is somewhere around 15-17. That doesn't mean it's socially acceptable for 50 year olds to date high schoolers or that they can't get legally in trouble for it. It's more like, a law made so that an 18 year old can date a 16 year old and not have to worry about it. I mean, didn't you guys know girls back in HS who'd be like 15-16 and had bfs who were already 18-19?

I'd say it's perfectly fine or an 18 year old to date a 15-16 year old, since an 18 year old is pretty much only an adult on paper yet and still is a teenager. While a 30 year old doing that is just gross, suspicious and creepy because that's a fully fledged adult dating a teenager.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 07:48 PM   #8
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I don't know. Better ask a Japanese person or someone who has lived there. I feel like a lot of misinformation is spread about Japan online.
If youre referring to the original topic of cheating in Japan, Japanese people who live there were answering the question in the video posted.

Last Movie Watched: The Bridge Curse (2020).
Last TV Show Watched: Resident Evil (S1:E2).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 08:21 AM   #9
LeonardoFromTMNT2003
Banned

Cheating is generally frowned upon everywhere, including Japan. But I think it depends on the people you ask and their guidance/rules in life.
LeonardoFromTMNT2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 07:30 PM   #10
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Can you blame Japanese men? Japanese women are so hot.
The Inventive Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:35 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Japanese women, or Asian women, are known for being very submissive, aren't they? Not counting the ones born in America for the most part. Asian women always seem very "quiet" so to speak, they're not "loud and proud" like most black and hispanic women.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 04:17 PM   #12
ssjup81
Foot Elite

While I was living over there, I heard that extra marital affairs weren't that uncommon. Of course not everyone cheats, but it's like after the men marry and they have kids, they stop viewing their wives as women and more so as mothers and go out of the marriage. I'm not sure if this is still common, though, especially since not everyone is marrying these days like in the past. Same with having kids and dating in general in Japan. More are opting to stay single.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Japanese women, or Asian women, are known for being very submissive, aren't they? Not counting the ones born in America for the most part. Asian women always seem very "quiet" so to speak, they're not "loud and proud" like most black and hispanic women.
The men and women are more subdued and quiet compared to Americans and other western cultures. In Japanese culture, keeping harmony is very important and for the most part, men and women come across as shy. IMO, anime and manga is like escapism for them. The outspoken characters you may find there is opposite to what you'd generally see in real life.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 04:49 PM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

I'm pretty sure that prostitution and "comfort women" are a semi-normal part of Japanese culture, no? That right there would indicate that "cheating culture" is probably a little more easy to come by when an entire society is okay with the occasional "comfort woman".
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:09 PM   #14
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I'm pretty sure that prostitution and "comfort women" are a semi-normal part of Japanese culture, no? That right there would indicate that "cheating culture" is probably a little more easy to come by when an entire society is okay with the occasional "comfort woman".
The soaplands. Prostitution isn't legal there...but yeah, I do believe it's easier to come by if it's being dressed up or passed off as something else (hence the soaplands comment there, which is a bath house). That's been my impression, anyway. At one point it was legal, though, but I think that went out the window after WWII. Brothels were openly common prior to that, I think and boy they sure did seem to be expensive. Feel sorry for the girls/women stuck in them, though...usually sold into it by families to pay off debts.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM   #15
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
The soaplands. Prostitution isn't legal there...but yeah, I do believe it's easier to come by if it's being dressed up or passed off as something else (hence the soaplands comment there, which is a bath house). That's been my impression, anyway. At one point it was legal, though, but I think that went out the window after WWII. Brothels were openly common prior to that, I think and boy they sure did seem to be expensive. Feel sorry for the girls/women stuck in them, though...usually sold into it by families to pay off debts.
Oohhhh okay. So it's more like America in that regard - it exists. But you need to know the fronts for it, I suppose.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote