The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a "kidult"?
Yes, I am. 10 58.82%
No, I'm not. 3 17.65%
Hey, f*** you. 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2024, 04:23 PM   #21
IMJ
Emperor

The current post-Gen X generations need to create action words or buzz words based on everything can be insipid as hell. But I suppose if you can disregard the social implications and so on, then yes. It would be nothing but nerd-ego to deny being a "kidult" when you have an entire room dedicated to pop culture collecting with display cases and so on.

So yeah in the static nature of the current need to create words for everything, then yes, it can probably be successfully argued that every single person who posts here is a "kidult". As insipid as that neo-language is.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 05:00 PM   #22
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Of course I am but a lot of people are. Just look at all the toy collectors and online videos there are for things aimed at kids.

I think most people like something that’s “for kids” but some might not want to admit it. It’s definitely widely accepted now if it wasn’t before.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:19 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How many cartoons and animated movies, comics, toys, etc. have ever existed?

That's an awful lot of adults liking those things, no? Because I'm QUITE certain it isn't children producing them and those aren't jobs people get into because it's "just a job." They get into it, if they're lucky, because they like those things, yet the "too old!" people never consider this. lol The kids wouldn't have any of it if wasn't for adults who like those industries.

I mean, okay, maybe Dora the Explorer isn't the franchise a random animation fan dreamed of working on, and in that case "it's a job," but they still love animation and creating it, else they wouldn't be there.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:41 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw this Monday. I dunno about you guys, but I'm glad acceptable "adulting" has be redefined to still be fun/cool.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 04:09 PM   #25
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I have never been told how the individuals within my age bracket are suppose to act. Also, I wasn't given an Instruction Manuel.

But, we need to have a little fun in our lives because it keeps us young at heart and mind within a society that 'ages' us in various ways. There's people in my age group (and older) that like to collect action figures, draw pictures, fly kites, play video games, go roller-skating, and continue to be in awe at what nature has to offer.

There's no harm in that.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote