The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2020, 07:52 PM   #781
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
They look perfect to me, Bebop being the most amazing and spot on. All except Mutagen man, not enough improvements over the old figure, not really an "ultimate" version.
Those Thundercats figures up there look great as well!
Should Bebop and Mutagen Man both come with alternate heads?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:19 PM   #782
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
how would that work with mutagen man?
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:32 PM   #783
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
how would that work with mutagen man?
Seymour Gutz from the IDW comic would be the second head.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:07 PM   #784
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Bebop is perfect as it is, the head is great. A second head would be unnecessary, unless they come up with something interesting.
Mutagen man... has no head
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:21 PM   #785
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Bebop is perfect as it is, the head is great. A second head would be unnecessary, unless they come up with something interesting.
Mutagen man... has no head
The brown Bebop head (from the hard-head Bebop) would have been a nice touch.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #786
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Pixel Dan reported that Bebop WILL have an alternate non-pink head.

Also Muckman is in Wave 3.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #787
mikey0
Foot Elite

Now we have to play the waiting game to see what Bebop’s second head will look like. A repaint of the regular head or a different design of Bebop’s head. The third wave will be up for pre-order in June, so photos should surface before then.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #788
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Now we have to play the waiting game to see what Bebop’s second head will look like. A repaint of the regular head or a different design of Bebop’s head. The third wave will be up for pre-order in June, so photos should surface before then.
Same head, just painted differently.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #789
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Kinda weird that the display Shredder is already having QC issues. Granted, it's a prototype ... but sheesh.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #790
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Kinda weird that the display Shredder is already having QC issues. Granted, it's a prototype ... but sheesh.
It's pretty common for raw protos to have breakages.

However it looks really sloppy to just...lay him down. Usually when it happens for shows, they still glue it back, or have stands, or have a way to at least prop them up a bit.

Usually companies have the foresight to keep a few supplies like that on hand just FOR breakages for display. It happens too often with resin stuff.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #791
italianice388
Stone Warrior

honestly i love that these are lighter on articulation. it goes well with the size, the paint deco, and the fact that they're going for the weirder mutants (which is AMAZING). i plan on displaying all the various mutants as like a set of sofubi/kaiju-like statues. the sculpts look incredible. i hope they continue to be bulkier like the bebop and mutagen man.

muckman is going to be unreal. gives me hope we'll see some other weirdos like... (list coming!):

Ray Fillet
Wingnut & Screwloose
Scumbug
Antrax
Mondo Gecko
Leatherhead
Metalhead
Slash
Triceraton
Chromedome

With nice to haves:

Merdude
Half court
Hothead
Doctor El
Sergeant Bananas
Dirtbag
Groundchuck
Pizza face
Scrach
Scaletail

i will support this line as long as they continue pumping out the weirdos. long live this line, for real.

Last edited by italianice388; 02-23-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:11 PM   #792
italianice388
Stone Warrior

also, pixel dan interview with brian up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu4bOrOkb4U
Old 02-23-2020, 11:49 PM   #793
Adcatalano
Random Punk

I know I’m just a hater talking to the super7 fanboys, but man each time an interview with Brian comes out I just pull further away from purchasing their products. He and Super7 seem like a real unorganized mess with no real sense of direction. On the surface listening to fans is nice, but you should’ve properly developed the product in the first place. And it’s always excuses for everything. How about you act like a real toy company in the year 2020 and get your act together. Rant over
Adcatalano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #794
teemu
Stone Warrior

Sounds like Super7 plans are to do every figure from the original TMNT line
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #795
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Super7 isn't perfect, but man, I love hearing Brian talk about his passion for toylines.

Him talking about not just wanting to do the 4 turtles yet again, but immediately wanted to do weird and odd things - just can't agree more. A decade of 99% of just the turtles with noone committing to a line was disheartening.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #796
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Super7 isn't perfect, but man, I love hearing Brian talk about his passion for toylines.

Him talking about not just wanting to do the 4 turtles yet again, but immediately wanted to do weird and odd things - just can't agree more. A decade of 99% of just the turtles with noone committing to a line was disheartening.
Yeah I am glad they are wanting to make the oddball characters especially since it was such a special part of the original playmates line. I am happy with waiting 4 waves to get each Turtle.

I am so excited to get these figures, I have all of them pre ordered
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #797
TommyT
Banned

Shredder with the broken foot. Says everything about that company.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #798
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Though I don't own anything from them, I do like Super7 as a company ... but Brian's attitude from last year's Toy Fair video with Pixel Dan kinda rubbed me the wrong way on them. That being said, I thought this year's video was really good and I do appreciate what they're offering.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #799
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I do appreciate what they're offering.
I like your word choice here. It made me consider the modern "buyer role" in the hobby, which is something that I think about often. The wording you chose is about as perfect as could be - "I do appreciate what they're offering", which is of course a fine position for the consumer without "losing consumer power".

It's become part of the hobby for fans to cheer and show appreciation for a company when pieces they might like show up. And I understand that feeling. But man-oh-man, there has been the rise of some pretty manipulative cultural-marketing specific to these hobbies. Marketing where it's become the norm for fandoms to have the ownership put on them before on these companies. A positing sometimes adopted by fans as if they are at the service of the manufacturer. We appreciate them. And I suppose there are valid reasons for us, as fans to appreciate a company from time-to-time. But nowadays there are a lot of instances where the power structure has been cleverly inverted. As if we are serving the companies and should appreciate them when in fact, they should be earning our business through the appropriate practices and offerings.

A big, big example of problematic power structure is Hasbro's Marvel Legends line. That is all out of whack. For example, Hasbro pounds out yet another Wolverine figure that offers nothing, yet people buy them and then "thank" Hasbro for something completely mundane as if it benefited them. "Hasbro finally changed that should pad- yay they finally got it right" or some other nonsense. Another example is the phony "fan voting". Hasbro "gives fans a voice in voting for the next Legends figure". But it's a lie. They didn't take fan requests, they just show you three figures in a shadow that were already invested in and then give you the illusion of choice. Now maybe someone here will feel compelled to point out some overtly specific, singular example as an inaccuracy or misstep in this conversation, but that's not the point when on a holistic level this is all very clearly happening.

What it boils down to is that we truly vote with our wallets. So when NECA finally starts dipping into re-releases that each come "with a pizza" or some nonsense, just don't buy 'em. Then when they start the marketing manipulating stating that fans need to be "supporting the line so that it can continue"? Well there's some truth to that, but the real truth is that you can let the people who missed out on earlier waves of Turtles buy the re-releases to support the line. The same goes for Super7. They are releasing boutique action figures that are, regardless of their justification, outrageously priced and sculpted for no true value beyond an appeal to nostalgia. If someone really likes them, that's fine but at least ask yourself "why". I used NECA as a "what if" example above, but at least they are offering value with "screen accuracy" in a line where we basically never had that before.

These companies point the finger at fandom and then ask that we "appreciate their offerings" but that's the worlds most clever role-reversal in marketing. Vote with your wallets. A lot of these toy companies are actually taking a drug dealer approach to the fans. So man up, resist your addictions, and vote with your dollars in the appropriate moments.

Just some conversation about that culture in the hobby based on what RaphaelinSTL said above.

Last edited by IMJ; 02-24-2020 at 12:41 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #800
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Shredder with the broken foot. Says everything about that company.
I’m pretty sure they aren’t the final products on display.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote