The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #61
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What the next move be for TMNT on the small screen if it does indeed end with a drawn out season 2?

Did the announcement of a straight to Netflix animated film mention that it would be Rise of the TMNT or can be an original or focus on a previous incarnation?
It's all been canned. Expect a quiet few years.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:59 PM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Did the announcement of a straight to Netflix animated film mention that it would be Rise of the TMNT or can be an original or focus on a previous incarnation?
Everything I've run across that mentioned it always said it was for 'Rise.' Though that's a bit awkward now if the series is bombing...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

weird the series didn't even last 2 years. It debuted in 2018 and by 2020 it's already over. They'll probably just burn through the unaired episodes all in a row at some point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #64
Leo656
The Franchise

When the strongest argument for it from the beginning was, "It's for little kids, you're not supposed to have an opinion on it," the writing was already on the wall.

Given how most of the people who liked it were in fact middle-aged adults themselves, that line was always highly questionable, to me. The unspoken full sentence was, "If you HATE it, you have no right to an opinion because it's just for little kids anyway, but if you LIKE it then there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a middle-aged adult who has strong opinions about kids' cartoons." And that just seemed really wacky. Like, it's okay to have an opinion as long as it's positive, otherwise you're a loser with misplaced priorities.

I'm on record, I won't miss it. We'll see what the next re-re-reboot brings us. Although I'm not super-excited for that, either.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:28 PM   #65
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Also this is the first Turtles show to have its Figure line dropped by Playmates in favor of "classic stuff" the toyline did just as bad as the show did.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #66
TommyT
Banned

I have it straight from the horses mouth.

They are going quiet on Turtles for the foreseeable future. It's the plan at Nick.
Some rumblings that they may even sell it to DC.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:38 AM   #67
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
When the strongest argument for it from the beginning was, "It's for little kids, you're not supposed to have an opinion on it," the writing was already on the wall.

Given how most of the people who liked it were in fact middle-aged adults themselves, that line was always highly questionable, to me. The unspoken full sentence was, "If you HATE it, you have no right to an opinion because it's just for little kids anyway, but if you LIKE it then there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a middle-aged adult who has strong opinions about kids' cartoons." And that just seemed really wacky. Like, it's okay to have an opinion as long as it's positive, otherwise you're a loser with misplaced priorities.
The plots of the later episodes (Such as a pre-mutation Master Splinter having been in a relationship with Big Mama) were clearly aimed at a more adult audience anyway.

I wonder what Nickelodeon thinks of being "A little kids audience" anyway?

Quote:
I'm on record, I won't miss it. We'll see what the next re-re-reboot brings us. Although I'm not super-excited for that, either.
When that first preview picture of "Rise" showed up the general consensus was "It's too soon." They had a MASSIVE hit with the 2012 series and that series was still airing when "Rise" was being put forward.

They shot themselves in the Foot when not giving it the time to let the dust settle. They should at least have waited a full year before bringing it out.

The fact that both series aired side by side (At least in my country) also was more nails in the coffin.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:21 AM   #68
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Also this is the first Turtles show to have its Figure line dropped by Playmates in favor of "classic stuff" the toyline did just as bad as the show did.
I sat out picking up the figures preferring Neca's 2 pack. I don't go through the toy aisles. Did the Rise line really get pulled? Has there been a press release stating that?
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:07 AM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I have it straight from the horses mouth.

They are going quiet on Turtles for the foreseeable future. It's the plan at Nick.
Some rumblings that they may even sell it to DC.
Lol, DC isn’t going to buy TMNT. I also doubt Nick is going to sell the property when they’ve owned it less than a decade so far.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #70
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
I sat out picking up the figures preferring Neca's 2 pack. I don't go through the toy aisles. Did the Rise line really get pulled? Has there been a press release stating that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
From the Ninja Pizza Facebook page
TMNT fan and toy collector Vaughn Michael (@collector.13 on Instagram) contacted Playmates Toys, asking about the future of the Rise of the TMNT toy line. The response he received was surprisingly forthcoming, stating that there will be NO Rise of the TMNT toys in the new year, and that they will instead be focusing on "classic" TMNT.

https://scontent.fams2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...60&oe=5E532457
here you go
Old 02-04-2020, 12:53 PM   #71
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Lol, DC isn’t going to buy TMNT. I also doubt Nick is going to sell the property when they’ve owned it less than a decade so far.
Nick is now CBS. Turtles has been squeezed, and is fallow now. They lost millions on Rise, the market is shifting.

You may be a fan, but I am a player.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:35 PM   #72
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
"If you HATE it, you have no right to an opinion because it's just for little kids anyway, but if you LIKE it then there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a middle-aged adult who has strong opinions about kids' cartoons."
Brutal honesty, right there.

I mean, I don't care if some like a thing I don't. But it's not okay for either side of that kind of argument to expect an echo chamber that allows only opinions that match theirs. And sure, plenty of adults who don't like it have a strong opinion on a kid's show, too, but with a franchise this old that could benefit from not ignoring the older fanbase who has loved it long term, it's a bit hard not to have an opinion to some extent on how our green buds are being handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
The plots of the later episodes (Such as a pre-mutation Master Splinter having been in a relationship with Big Mama) were clearly aimed at a more adult audience anyway.
And that's part of its problem to begin with (aside from the detested ideas/changes it made), is that this just feels like a series that hasn't really known what it actually wants to be.

You want to be a series that focuses on one-shot episodes, fine, but don't tease an arc that you're only going to spend 10% of the series on; instead maybe just stick to one-shots that are a full half hour long so there is time enough for something that was worth watching. You want to be a series for little kids, then make the Turtles actually seem younger. Because they really don't, they just seem stupider; yet visually look older than the 2012 set, imo.

Ultimately, I'm not going to believe this thing is done until there is something official about that or the second season runs out, since right now it's all hearsay and based on scheduling choices which Nick tends to be stupid about anyhow. Maybe the 2nd got the plug pulled early and won't finish being made(?), but there's undoubtedly unaired episodes left sitting there collecting dust for whatever reason. Just put them on already and get it over with. Pulling the band aid off this slow isn't going to do it any good.

If they insisted on a new series that soon... personally, I've have still loved to see a 2D one that directly or roughly was a continuation of 2012 with a new art style and Turtles who were a bit older at that point. That might have gone over well. But 'Rise' was too abrupt of a change too soon.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-04-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:07 PM   #73
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Nick is now CBS. Turtles has been squeezed, and is fallow now. They lost millions on Rise, the market is shifting.

You may be a fan, but I am a player.
Dude, that line is cringe.

But I’m really interested in what you have to share, even if we just heard the extent of it. It’s only fair for people to question you, until we’ve seen some type of confirmation, but for now I appreciate the possibility of getting inside info. Thanks.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #74
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yeah, I have to agree. Seriously!

I know I made a topic of whether DC or Marvel should buy TMNT but looking back now, I'm not so sure. Unless DC would pay hefty amounts of money but even that seems farfetched for the time being.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:30 PM   #75
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

But I’m really interested in what you have to share, even if we just heard the extent of it. It’s only fair for people to question you, until we’ve seen some type of confirmation, but for now I appreciate the possibility of getting inside info. Thanks.
Lol, this whole forum is cringe, just trying to fit in.

Back in October, the decision was made to pull back on Rise, with the rational that Rise had been brought in “too soon”, with 2012 being still warm, and not quite in the rear view. Nothing magical or interesting here, aside from the group think that the problem with Rise was it’s timing, with nobody admitting fault anywhere else, despite knowing looks.

The production staff blame you, the fans, much like some members here, of not being open to something new, and in their view “better”.
They are now convinced that the public needs a break, so it will be a while before they move forward on a new linear.

Meanwhile, a new game is imminent.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #76
Leo656
The Franchise

I can certainly believe most to all of that, but frankly I think DC has enough of their own problems without taking on any new ones.

Like Star Wars, TMNT has definitely taken a few lumps over the past decade thanks to a combination of oversaturation and bad decisions by "corporate", and is therefore now a damaged brand even though it remains popular and familiar. But it would be a questionable decision for DC to try and acquire it in my opinion. It might be a little tarnished but it would still cost a fortune and DC is eternally in cost-cutting mode, even when their business is good, which it isn't right now.

Stranger things have happened and I definitely wouldn't be mad about it, but that part just seems unlikely to me. Rise being cancelled and the whole franchise being put on a shelf to cool off for 5+ years while they just pump out toys based on older, more popular versions of the Turtles in order to keep a little money coming in, though, yeah that's almost definitely what's going to happen. I just don't see DC buying it, or even wanting to.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:44 PM   #77
TommyT
Banned

That’s everything I know, aside from some whispers about what Jennika was actual supposed to be, but most of the Jennika stuff is second hand.

TMNT/Batman was a weather balloon, and it’s popularity helped discussion gain a foothold.

Tom knows what I’m talking about. Game that’s in dev is via Konami.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:51 PM   #78
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, I can believe that as well. The Batman cross-over was quite a surprise and it wouldn't shock me if some conversations did take place over the course of the project(s), but I'd still be pretty shocked to see it actually happen.

Don't get me wrong, though, I definitely wouldn't complain. We'd be one giant step closer to the big TMNT/He-Man cross-over that absolutely nobody but me would want or care about.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:54 PM   #79
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Well, I can believe that as well. The Batman cross-over was quite a surprise and it wouldn't shock me if some conversations did take place over the course of the project(s), but I'd still be pretty shocked to see it actually happen.

Don't get me wrong, though, I definitely wouldn't complain. We'd be one giant step closer to the big TMNT/He-Man cross-over that absolutely nobody but me would want or care about.
How would that work? I want the daredevil turtles cross first.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:57 PM   #80
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
The production staff blame you, the fans
Well that would be ironic. Given their aim of targeting a new generation of kids. Only have themselves to blame if they failed on that front.

Quote:
I dunno, I have a friend who is a bit of a He-Man fan, so I'd be in support of a good crossover we could both geek out on together.