The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-31-2019, 07:25 AM   #221
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
A comparison (original Playmates/Super 7):
https://toynewsi.com/345-34333
I don't know, the new "upgraded" version has very different posture and proportions.
The head sculpt of the Ultimate Raphael is a little different from the original, also. The plastron (chest) of the Ultimate Raphael looks sunburnt. The elbow and knee pads of the Ultimate Raph definitely aren’t the same as the ‘88 Raphael. Not to mention, the button and ribbon of the belt for Ultimate Raph are nothing like the original one from 1988. The color for the skin of Ultimate Raph could be lighter as well.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:25 AM   #222
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Overdue cause I’ve always been a fan
When should these have been out? The early or mid 2010s?
Old 08-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #223
mikey0
Foot Elite

Will there be playsets and vehicles for the Ultimate TMNT figures?
Old 08-31-2019, 05:26 PM   #224
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I doubt it but that would be cool
If we see em this line will have to be very successful
Old 08-31-2019, 06:58 PM   #225
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I doubt it but that would be cool
If we see em this line will have to be very successful
Do you see Ultimate Metalhead and Chromedome being exactly like the ‘89 and ‘91 figures?
Old 09-01-2019, 02:15 AM   #226
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
A comparison (original Playmates/Super 7):
https://toynewsi.com/345-34333
I don't know, the new "upgraded" version has very different posture and proportions.
Its alway be a scale diffrence but rember the super7 figurine is standing strait i think if you pose it like the old figurine it will look closer. its the same with the foot that people complain about.i think whene people Get them In hand and pose them like the old playmate figurine side by side both rafael and foot will look closer to the old ones
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:27 AM   #227
AdultCollector
Random Punk

Artist Nate Baertsch revealed his design artwork for Super7's Ultimates! Foot Soldier figure! I hope Super7 gives us lots of color variants of this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B11tJsvD..._web_copy_link

https://www.facebook.com/natebaertsc...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tmntultimates/
AdultCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:36 AM   #228
TommyT
Banned

I get that these have appeal for some, but a hard pass over here. Super 7 lost me.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:39 AM   #229
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
Artist Nate Baertsch revealed his design artwork for Super7's Ultimates! Foot Soldier figure! I hope Super7 gives us lots of color variants of this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B11tJsvD..._web_copy_link

https://www.facebook.com/natebaertsc...type=3&theater

That is not how the mask was designed for the 1988 Foot Soldier that the 2019 Ultimate Foot Soldier is supposed to be based off of.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:40 AM   #230
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I get that these have appeal for some, but a hard pass over here. Super 7 lost me.
Hopefully, the ReAction figures, at least, do well if the Ultimate figures fail.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #231
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

mikey0 you’re making the entire toy section of this forum unbearable, we all have to dig through post after post of yours to find anything. What in the world is going on with you?
Old 09-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #232
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewizzle88 View Post
mikey0 you’re making the entire toy section of this forum unbearable, we all have to dig through post after post of yours to find anything. What in the world is going on with you?
I don’t see what is so great about many of these 21st century Turtles collectibles. What are the toy makers trying to accomplish with these? Why isn’t much work put into them?
Old 09-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #233
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I don’t see what is so great about many of these 21st century Turtles collectibles. What are the toy makers trying to accomplish with these? Why isn’t much work put into them?
But a lot of us are excited about these. Nothing will ever be perfect to everyone, but between NECA and Super7, we're getting as close as possible. We welcome your criticism, but you're actually preventing other people from discussing these. Could you just tone it down slightly? One or two posts per thread?

Did you work on the original Playmates line or something?
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #234
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Go email S7, NECA, or DC collectibles, none of us can answer that in a way you’re going to accept. But if we are in the thread reading about them we probably collect or are interested in them. You come across like you’ve lost your mind with your posts or you’re having a mid life crisis. You’re entitled to your opinion like we all are but constant bashing on all the figures doesn’t make us stop buying them. It’s annoying as hell though having to sift through all your posts which rarely are adding anything to any of these topics.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #235
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
But a lot of us are excited about these. Nothing will ever be perfect to everyone, but between NECA and Super7, we're getting as close as possible. We welcome your criticism, but you're actually preventing other people from discussing these. Could you just tone it down slightly? One or two posts per thread?

Did you work on the original Playmates line or something?
I’m a 20th century toy fan.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #236
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewizzle88 View Post
Go email S7, NECA, or DC collectibles, none of us can answer that in a way you’re going to accept. But if we are in the thread reading about them we probably collect or are interested in them. You come across like you’ve lost your mind with your posts or you’re having a mid life crisis. You’re entitled to your opinion like we all are but constant bashing on all the figures doesn’t make us stop buying them. It’s annoying as hell though having to sift through all your posts which rarely are adding anything to any of these topics.
So these are Super7 and NECA positivity threads? There is not any criticism allowed?
Old 09-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #237
AdultCollector
Random Punk

Splinter's design artwork has been revealed!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B14IXMYj..._web_copy_link

AdultCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #238
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
Did The Four Horsemen grow up on the original Playmates toy line to be designing and sculpting these figures and accessories?

I feel like their MOTU stuff is as good as it gets.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #239
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
But a lot of us are excited about these. Nothing will ever be perfect to everyone, but between NECA and Super7, we're getting as close as possible.
I agree. Neca, Mondo and now Super 7: these are wonderful years for us fans and collectors. The stuff those companies have released in the last decade, even if not perfect, is better than we've ever dreamt!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:54 PM   #240
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

Quote:
So these are Super7 and NECA positivity threads? There is not any criticism allowed?
If that’s what you take from my post so be it.

Have fun ruining the threads for the users here. No wonder people are leaving forums for social media outlets. No one has to read your stupid double posts and meaningless questions and condescending remarks on every toy thread in a place you can easily be fully blocked/unfollowed.

The only thing your criticism is doing is feeding your delusional world of 88 turtles and raising your post count. I for one will not be checking in here any more just to see your stupid trash over and over in every thread I was interested in and will be sticking to the aforementioned social media.