The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #41
Hans Flying Turtlenecker
Thug

I think my list would be like this.
I am not ranking which movie I technically think is better, but which movie I would rather watch over the other.

TMNT 1990

TMNT Secret of the Ooze

Batman vs TMNT

Turtles Forever

TMNT Out of the Shadows

TMNT 3

TMNT 2007

TMNT 2014
Hans Flying Turtlenecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #42
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
I would have preferred Rocksteady and Bebop over Tokka and Razar, but I liked the addition of those two.
Playmates Toys had toys to sell.

Some G1 Transformer fans would have preferred that characters like Hot Rod, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, and Gnaw stayed out of Transformers the Movie, but Hasbro had to sell toys. It’s the same thing with SOTO.

Super Shredder, Tokka, and Rahzar are the best figures in 7th basic assortment wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
1- 1990 (TMNT)
2- 1991 (SOTO)
3- 1992 (Turtles 3)
4- 2016(Out of the Shadows)
5- 2014(ReBoot)
6- tmnt2k7 is a mess from start to finish that doesn't know what it wants to be and ends up feeling both really slow moving and unnecessarily rushed. The Foot are absolutely useless and unnecessary. Max Winters, the Stone Generals and 13 monsters being worse characters than Walker and Lord Norinaga (er whatever his name was in the 3rd movie, at least Walker had a smarmy sharm to him damnit, Patrick Stewart sounds bored out of his mind). The best thing about this one IMO was the Leo vs Raph fight and the animation and voice work. Everything else was really bad. It's the shortest of the movies but feels like the biggest chore. I hate this movie
Turtles 3 was made in 1992 and came to theaters in March of 1993.

Last edited by mikey0; 08-15-2020 at 01:48 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:40 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

TMNT (1990)
TMNT (2007)
TMNT III
TMNT II
TMNT (2014)

I've never seen "Out of the Shadows" and have no intention of ever doing so. Still, I'm sure it's the worst of the bunch and SUCKS.

Also, keep in mind to me, the only "pretty good" TMNT movie there's ever been is TMNT (1990). There is a chasm between that movie and the rest.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:42 PM   #44
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Tmnt 1990
Turtles Forever
Batman vs Tmnt
Tmnt 2014
Tmnt 2007
Out of the Shadows
Tmnt 3
Secret of the Ooze
I just watched the original quadrology again last few nights. Although it does not change my perception on Secret of the Ooze, I have however found new appreciation for TMNT3. TMNT 2007 has so many scenes that I skipped because they seemed pointless so I?m revising my rankings.

So let?s talk about TMNT 3 which I like.

Things I like about TMNT3:

- The golden sceptre artefact looks interesting and mysterious.

- Walker is a very captivating character. I could just a whole movie of him. When he barked orders or scold his minions, when he was at the beach leisurely drawing flowers while they were target practising, when he signed Lord Norinaga?s agreement parchment with a quill then he later poured scented powder and blowing it all over the paper...he just exudes with charm and style. Not to mention he has his silly moments always forgetting his little bird in a cage everytime he tried to escape. 5/5 stars acting.

- It?s nice to see Elias Koteas reprised his Casey role plus his hair looks way better in this movie than the first one I reckon

- All the human actors actually delivered their acting convincingly imo. April, Casey, Walker, Lord Norinaga, Kenshi, Mitsu, the elder village man, Yoshi etc.

- the periodic costume (kimonos, honour guards armour, etc) and settings are wonderful. Lord Norinaga?s palace looks convincing especially the interior Japanese style segments

- Actual fight scenes with weapons. It?s good fun.

- Mikey has depth. He?s not a cliche joke machine spouting one liners with no soul all the time; he actually considered staying back in feudal Japan which is a shift of mindset and a drastic difference to his current lifestyle. Actual growth of his character which is rare

- I like he story, it?s not a convoluted mess like other TMNT films. It?s nice that they set out the villains prominently at the beginning and maintains it to the end instead of the tiring good-guy-is-actually-a-villain ?twist? trope which is happening a lot lately (here?s a few: Toy Story 2 (Stinky Pete), Monsters, Inc. (Mr. Waternoose), Up (Muntz), Toy Story 3 (Lotso), Wreck-It Ralph (Turbo), Frozen (Hans), Big Hero 6 (Callaghan), Zootopia (Dawn Bellwether), Coco (Ernesto))

Things I don?t like about TMNT 3:
- The turtles costume, those harsh dark dots look like chicken pox instead of their natural skin texture...I can also see the neck seam of their costume almost every shot so it took me out. The mouth animation looks weird at times too.

They are the main stars so it?s a bit disappointing that they look pale in comparison to everything else.

Overall I genuinely enjoy it. The turtles costume is the only thing that bothered me but other than that it?s pretty stellar. So to revise the order:

Tmnt 1990
TMNT 3
Turtles Forever
Batman vs Tmnt
Tmnt 2014
Out of the Shadows
Tmnt 2007
Secret of the Ooze
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:06 PM   #45
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
*general feeling & likes and dislikes of the TMNT 3 movie*

Tmnt 1990
TMNT 3
Turtles Forever
Batman vs Tmnt
Tmnt 2014
Out of the Shadows
Tmnt 2007
Secret of the Ooze
Ya know I aint mad at this list. SoTo is super goofy and has a cartoony feel and Vanilla Ice in it. Plus I really like that Tarzan Boy scene in ninja Turtles 3 where the Shogun are dancing at the club, its great.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #46
Musashi
Foot Soldier

- TMNT 1990 - Can't be bothered typing out the entire title, although I am typing this, which is longer (shrugs). It's the best, probably the best we'll ever have. Where do you start? It seems unfair to nitpick the flaws when it has so much heart, and is so much better made than it actually needed to be to fulfil its purpose at the time. It really is a pity we haven't seen Steve Barron do anything else with the Turtles, though I know it wasn't for want of trying.

- III - I would say it's a guilty pleasure, but really I don't give a ****. Not saying it's objectively a great movie or even a very good one, but I really like it. It's nicely shot, has some lovely characterisation, I like the villain and his sidekick. Basically, pretty much everything Shark_Blade says above, I agree with regarding this movie. Even though the plot logic doesn't stand up to much scrutiny at all. My own dabblings in this universe are probably most influenced by the way the characters are in this one, for good or ill.

If only it had Henson Turtles.

- II - It's unquestionably the third best of the early 90s trilogy, and features Vanilla Ice's finest performance. I think it's probably a terrible film, but I irrationally love it. It has David Warner, which is usually a good thing. I think the screenplay was probably rushed on this one.

Turtles Forever - Enjoyed it. Fun. Nice to see the Mirage Turtles when they show up.

TMNT 2007 - Haven't watched it for a while, but seem to remember it's... quite good. Not that enthused about it, to be honest, but I thought it was all right.

Last place - Anything by Bay. He can (Scottish accent) get tae ****.

Edit: Totally forgot about vs Batman. It would be unfair to place it, though, as I haven't seen it yet. Although, in all honesty I haven't seen Out of the Shadows either. And I don't want to.

Last edited by Musashi; 09-03-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:07 AM   #47
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I don?t understand why they would hate B&R since the public love those two together even more than Tokka and Rahzar... And B&R can be a threat from what we read in IDW comics, the 2012 and OT (first season I think, I don’t really watch the other seasons) toons and movie.

Imagine if Bob Kane (creator of Batman) hated Harley Quinn because he didn?t create her; but he did no such thing. And the public loves HQ.
I dont think it was cause they didn't create B&R, it was more that they didn't like the idea of bumbling idiot henchmen, which is what they were made out to be in the cartoon. Obviously, I think the characters have grown on them, or at least on Eastman, considering how they were used the IDW series. But for the movies back in the 90's they wanted henchmen that seemed like actual threats, which is not was B&R were supposed to be back then.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #48
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
I dont think it was cause they didn't create B&R, it was more that they didn't like the idea of bumbling idiot henchmen, which is what they were made out to be in the cartoon. Obviously, I think the characters have grown on them, or at least on Eastman, considering how they were used the IDW series. But for the movies back in the 90's they wanted henchmen that seemed like actual threats, which is not was B&R were supposed to be back then.
Yeah its a shame too cuz B & R were legitimate threats in their first couple of appearances, big brutish powerhouses that were physically imposing albeit quite limited in their mental capacity lol. But by season 2 they seemed to have shrunk and nerfed to hell. I do enjoy how they've been portrayed in the IDW comics though.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:04 AM   #49
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Yeah its a shame too cuz B & R were legitimate threats in their first couple of appearances, big brutish powerhouses that were physically imposing albeit quite limited in their mental capacity lol. But by season 2 they seemed to have shrunk and nerfed to hell. I do enjoy how they've been portrayed in the IDW comics though.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. When I think back to the original cartoon, I only remember them as comic relief that can never get anything right. But the IDW versions, although still portrayed as somewhat stupid, they are absolute powerhouses and legitimate threats to those around them. I mean, they nearly took Donnie completely out. I never would have expected that from the characters in their original form.

Tokka and Rahzar filled the void for brutish, dangerous henchmen that B&R could have been back then.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 03:36 PM   #50
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

TMNT (1990)
TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze
TMNT: Mutant Mayhem
TMNT 3
TMNT: Out of the Shadows
TMNT (2007)
TMNT (2014)
Old 08-04-2023, 04:11 PM   #51
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

8. Mutant Mayhem
7. Out of the Shadows
6. 2014
5. Secret of the Ooze
4. TMNT 3
3. TMNT 2007
2. Batman vs TMNT
1. TMNT 1990
Old 08-04-2023, 04:16 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
8. Mutant Mayhem
7. Out of the Shadows
6. 2014
5. Secret of the Ooze
4. TMNT 3
3. TMNT 2007
2. Batman vs TMNT
1. TMNT 1990
That's actually exactly how I'd rate them, at least 1-6. I'd probably swap 7 and 8, though, but that's just academic because I haven't seen either of those.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 04:23 PM   #53
neatoman
Emperor

Yeah, Mutant Mayhem is not by any means a perfect movie but it is still easily better than the two PD movies. I think it might actually be better than III but I'm not sure how to compare it to Secret of the Ooze. Mutant Mayhem and Secret of the Ooze have similar problems.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 05:18 PM   #54
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TMNT
Mutant Mayhem
Batman vs TMNT
Turtles Forever
Secret of the Ooze
Rise the Movie
TMNT III
Out of the Shadows
TMNT (2014)

Batman and Forever could be swapped, and the 2 Bay ones are both equally ****, but OotS might be a cleaner wipe, whereas the first your finger keeps poking through the toilet paper.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 05:26 PM   #55
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I don't have really strong feelings of the ordering after like the top 5, but maybe something like this:

TMNT 1990
Mutant Mayhem
Batman v TMNT
SotO
TMNT 2007
TMNT 2014
OotS
Turtles Forever
TMNT III
Rise of the TMNT Movie
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 07:03 PM   #56
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

9.Mutant Mayhem
8. Out of the Shadows
7. 2014
6.TMNT III
5. Secret Of the Ooze
4. TMNT 2007
3. Batman vs TMNT
2. Turtles Forever
1. TMNT 1990
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:28 PM   #57
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Tmnt 1990
Rise of TMNT
Mutant Mayhem
Batman vs Tmnt
Turtles Forever
TMNT 3
Tmnt 2007
Tmnt 2014
Out of the Shadows
Secret of the Ooze
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 01:40 AM   #58
Vicky82
Emperor

1. TMNT 1990
2. Mutant Mayhem
3. TMNT vs Batman
4. Rise Movie
5. TMNT 2007
6. Turtles Forever
4. TMNT SOTO
5. TMNT 2016
6. TMNT 3
7. TMNT 2014

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:41 AM   #59
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
8. Mutant Mayhem
7. Out of the Shadows
6. 2014
5. Secret of the Ooze
4. TMNT 3
3. TMNT 2007
2. Batman vs TMNT
1. TMNT 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's actually exactly how I'd rate them, at least 1-6. I'd probably swap 7 and 8, though, but that's just academic because I haven't seen either of those.
Honestly, I'm so disappointed by Mutant Mayhem I might have just put it last out of anger. I tried to watch OotS again yesterday and made it 25 minutes before turning it off in disgust. I don't know if I can ever forgive how awful they did Casey Jones in this movie. So I could, and in a few months probably would switch 7 and 8.
Old 08-05-2023, 08:20 AM   #60
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Honestly, I'm so disappointed by Mutant Mayhem I might have just put it last out of anger. I tried to watch OotS again yesterday and made it 25 minutes before turning it off in disgust. I don't know if I can ever forgive how awful they did Casey Jones in this movie. So I could, and in a few months probably would switch 7 and 8.
Acknowledge that you didn't like the movie and it won't drive you crazy. Who cares about ranking? If I didn't enjoy something, I won't watch it again.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote