The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-31-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

2004's Year in Review

Well, here we are. It's the last day of 2004. It's been one hell of a year for everyone with all that has happened. Just speaking of the forum itself, we were all happy back in Janurary, then the war broke out in May, we all moved, then all pulled together to save it in November, and here we are at the end of the year together again in our home board. The world has become a nasty place lately with tidal waves, and all kinds of other crap that's depressing. 2004 was a great movie year, and one of the best gaming years in recorded history.

For me, the highlights included E3 (duh ), and the Nintendo DS. Spiderman 2, kicking the sh*t out of some cousins who really needed it, Trek Expo 2004, selling Gamecubes to about 63 people in the online and real worlds, and a lot of other crap I can't remember this early in the morning.

What has made this year special or memorable to you?
Old 12-31-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
Storm Wolf.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:38 AM   #3
Peanut
Second Gear

Hmmm. Lets see. Green Day finally following up Warning with American Idiot. The release of the original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. Spider-Man 2 <3. Various videogame related stuff, Nintendo DS, Halo 2, Paper Mario. There's probably more IRL stuff, but it's of very little intrest.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:39 AM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Jen and Napoleon Dynamite....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #5
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I say 2004 was one of the worst years in my life. Good riddance.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:47 AM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Really...man....ouch....
Quote:
Oh, and one more thing that made 2004 good for me...."4 more years!!"

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:51 AM   #7
Ryona

2004 is the year that I joined the Technodrome Forums... so I have that to be grateful for.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:57 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Nothing really happened to me this year, other than passing my college courses. Just random materialistic things that came out that I bought was all that was exciting. Here's to another year that will hopefully be better.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:20 PM   #9
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Well, to be honest, for me 2004 pretty much sucked. I lost family members, and there were many health related issues in my family this year. I'll be quite glad to get to 2005.

But there are the good, too.

I made many more friends. Some, very special ones (you know who you are ), after I joined the Technodrome in June!! (Wow, June!!) Heh.

I'm grateful for the health we HAVE had in our family, the good health, that is. And that. Like my grandfather coming out of it okay.

I'm thankful for my family.

I'm happy for... my man. With as much grief he causes me, and as much stress, heh... And as many tears... He cares for me. He makes me happy. I'm thankful... for that, at least. And for as long as we have it.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:46 PM   #10
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Ahhh 2004 what a year it was

Movies:
For movies this year I have to say this year sucked. I dont remember every movie but from all I remember there werent alot of good ones. Kill Bill 2, Spiderman 2, Hellboy, and Hero. Maybe I overlooked a few but I disliked alota movies

Video Games:
Nothing exciting here, the DS came out but I dont want one right now anyways. No games came out I wanted badly. Hall the best game I bought this year was a older game from 2002

Events:
Alota crazy stuff happen espcially around the election. So many arguements ad debates. And now this Tidal Wave, the excitment never goes away

The important stuff, My life:
This year was the best year of my life for a few set reasons alone. I found myself this year. I no longer feel liek I have to guess at who I really am. I also perfected my taste in music and now I know exactly what I want and dont want. Ive advanced my intelligence, as much as it can be for me haha, and my Photoshop skills. I can proudly say what I want to have for a future job. There was not much drama this year, the worst thing that happened was when I got sick with the flu for 2 months. And lastly I found the person who I want to be with, and who wants to be with me. We share so much in common that we think alike sometimes. And yesterday she told me "It seems like we can never spend enough time togther" Thats exactly what I had been thinking No ones ever said that to me

Overall:
2004 was a great year for me as a person I learned much. For media it sucked and them reality shows didnt help me think any higher of them either

Ive been here since March and I like this place. I was crushed to see it shut down but I am glad we are all back and I thank who ever donated

Lastly the person who made my year was my friend Robbie because hes the one friend who is always there for me and I feel like I can tell him anything
Old 12-31-2004, 03:18 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I'll remember this as the year I got into DC comics. I started the year out as a novice and gradually bought every TPB and back issue of importance I could find. Now I'm pretty much an expert on the post-Crisis universe. Cool.

And I started all my webcomics this year. Mim Tits, Ladybug-Man and that Japanese Transformers manga I translate for www.tfarchive.com So I've been keeping myself busy.

So yeah, the year wasn't that eventful. Well, not in a good way. Some imbacile ran a red light and smashed my '90 Mustang into her going 40mph. She didn't speak a word of english, either. So I got a new car out of it, a '98 Mustang. Problem is since it's a newer vehicle my insurance is through the roof. That sucks.

I got a new job this year and I've pretty much just been going to my classes at NOVA and working. Nothing special. Planning on taking a vacation to Tokyo next summer and try out my Japanese (been studying for 3 years now). So 2005 has something to look forward to.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:21 PM   #12
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

Quote:
Well... I think in around March.. I met Shadow.

Enough said.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:25 PM   #13
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

This year has been nothing but a blur for me. Lots of deaths for the family and such. Crappy job, plenty of booze. Yeah whatever 2004, get lost.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 04:05 PM   #14
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
After 1999, 2004 was the worst year of my life. Period. 2004 can burn in hell for all I care...

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 04:07 PM   #15
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

Heh this is weird... all you people hating the year while its the best year of my life.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:02 PM   #16
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler
Planning on taking a vacation to Tokyo next summer and try out my Japanese (been studying for 3 years now). So 2005 has something to look forward to.
TAKE ME WITH YOU MAN! I GOTTA GET OUTTA THIS STATE!!!

*gets control of self*

Man I'm jealous. You are one lucky person. I want the electric city.

Oklahoma is a hell hole of farms and old people.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:31 PM   #17
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
TAKE ME WITH YOU MAN! I GOTTA GET OUTTA THIS STATE!!!

*gets control of self*

Man I'm jealous. You are one lucky person. I want the electric city.

Oklahoma is a hell hole of farms and old people.
I'm 19, lived here in Springfield VA for my ENTIRE life. Even worse, I've never left the east coast of America. The furthest south I've been is Florida (to visit my Grandparents once) and the furthest north I've been is Delaware.

I want to travel so bad it isn't funny! I've been studying for a while, Tokyo should be fun. It'll be good practice before I join the JET Program and head over there to assistant teach english in a couple years.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:36 PM   #18
Super Moderator

Oh, don't even get me started about taking a trip to Japan. I'm going to back out of this thread like there's no tomorrow.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 06:41 PM   #19
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler
I'm 19, lived here in Springfield VA for my ENTIRE life.
Sup NoVA buddy. I used to live in Burke and Springfield back in the day. There are far worse places to be holed-up, in my opinion.

2004 was my like-Caine-in-Kung-Fu year: I just went from town to town, met people, and got in adventures. I visited all sorts of places that I may never have the opportunity to for a damn long time, like Venice, Paris, Berlin, Munich, and Brussels. But despite all that, it was a fairly boring year. 2005 looks far more promising.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:51 PM   #20
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Takahashi
Oh, don't even get me started about taking a trip to Japan. I'm going to back out of this thread like there's no tomorrow.
Well, now I'm intrigued.