The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #61
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I read that they can't give Taskmaster a white skull because China won't allow it if they do. That's also why they had to get weird with the white on Crossbones' outfit.
I believe it. Marvel has caved to China's censorship many times in the past at the fan's expense.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #63
drgon78
Mad Scientist

If they give her the classic transformation from the TV show I will be so happy.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #64
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 12-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #65
newfan
Mad Scientist

Oh, Chris Pine is back too (haven't been reading up on this)
I also didn't realise it was going to be a wait until summer. Anyway, plan to catch it when it comes out, enjoyed the last one enough.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't like the idea of Steve Trevor being back when he died a heroic death. Not to mention the way they'll explain how he survived and wound up in 1984 of all times is going to be odd and poor writing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #67
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Trailer confirms some of the leaks...which means this movie could be in trouble as the test screenings were disastrous and caused the film's delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't like the idea of Steve Trevor being back when he died a heroic death. Not to mention the way they'll explain how he survived and wound up in 1984 of all times is going to be odd and poor writing.
According to the leaks, he's brought back through Diana making a magic wish, I'm not kidding. The whole movie's about the monkey's paw.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #68
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, the visuals look great as usual but every single thing that's leaked out about the plot is terrible. The fact that its release was essentially pushed back almost a whole year despite being "done" doesn't bode well.

I'm thinking it's gonna be a very pretty misfire.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:50 PM   #69
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Aw geez. That trailer was fun as hell, but it sure isn't doing anything to contradict the rumored plot leaks... and that's NOT good.

We'll see. I'm a sucker for Gadot and Pine both, so I'm probably watching this one... just hope it doesn't suck.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:31 AM   #70
TommyT
Banned

I Love this Woman
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:14 AM   #71
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Love the trailer, can't wait to see the movie.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:08 AM   #72
TommyT
Banned

It’s maybe not the Wonder Woman of the comics, but it’s a hell of a lot of fun. More fun than it ought to be.

Between this and Watchmen and Joker, perhaps the sleeping giant that is DC has awoken?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:11 AM   #73
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
It’s maybe not the Wonder Woman of the comics, but it’s a hell of a lot of fun. More fun than it ought to be.

Between this and Watchmen and Joker, perhaps the sleeping giant that is DC has awoken?
I was thinking something similar. If this hits a biillion, that'd be three out of four of their recent CBM's to do so. I think one could argue they have already awoken, but I agree in that I feel that this film being a success would really send that feeling home.

I'm so in love with Gal Gadot that I don't think I can watch it though. It's too much. Mostly superficial.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #74
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My guess is that Trevor is a construct of her imagination based on how Maxwell Lord is manipulating the public with a combination of his psychic power and his use of the artifact thingy he is holding at his desk in one of the trailer scenes.

Then if I had to guess, somewhere along the way Wonder Woman realizes this and uses her strength of will to manipulate what Lord is doing into creating a jet, but it's invisible (there's debate that the invisible jet is actually in the trailer).

Then I'd guess that upon defeating Maxwell Lord, that Diana uses her heroic willpower in combination with the "artifact thingy" to will Steve out of the crash in the past to present day where he reappears at the end of the flick, but this time he's really there. And she keeps the invisible jet at the end of the film through the same technique.

This sounds like sarcasm, but I'm serious, that's all my best guess for how this flick will play out.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #75
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
My guess is that Trevor is a construct of her imagination based on how Maxwell Lord is manipulating the public with a combination of his psychic power and his use of the artifact thingy he is holding at his desk in one of the trailer scenes.

Then if I had to guess, somewhere along the way Wonder Woman realizes this and uses her strength of will to manipulate what Lord is doing into creating a jet, but it's invisible (there's debate that the invisible jet is actually in the trailer).

Then I'd guess that upon defeating Maxwell Lord, that Diana uses her heroic willpower in combination with the "artifact thingy" to will Steve out of the crash in the past to present day where he reappears at the end of the flick, but this time he's really there. And she keeps the invisible jet at the end of the film through the same technique.

This sounds like sarcasm, but I'm serious, that's all my best guess for how this flick will play out.
No, the leaks specifically say Trevor's return is the result of a monkey's paw wish, Steve possesses another man's body, Diana's powers are diminished and that's why she uses the jet.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:08 PM   #76
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
No, the leaks specifically say Trevor's return is the result of a monkey's paw wish, Steve possesses another man's body, Diana's powers are diminished and that's why she uses the jet.

OOOOooohhhh okay. Interesting. I hadn't seen any of that.....
Old 02-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #78
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That 2nd image there...

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:21 PM   #79
Sumac
Banned

I have a little hope that they won't go full "analogy with modern world" thing, but...
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:22 PM   #80
Leo656
The Franchise

Man, I LOVE Max Lord, and I really liked the first WW movie.

Ah well. I knew from the plot leaks that I wasn't gonna like it. Spoilers are fantastic for my blood pressure. By the time these pieces of sh*t come out, it's been so long since I cared that it's a much softer blow than it would be otherwise.

30 f*cking years to see Max Lord in a movie and he's Donald Trump with a Monkey's Paw. I give up!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote