Fly Baxter Stockman 18 37.50%
Tie 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #1
Weird Pizza
Thug

Human Baxter or Fly Baxter

Who do you like best?

I love the alien crystals episodes, they are probably my favorite out of anything the turtles released. They rank up there with the first Season in terms of good story and solid writing.

So of course as you know human Baxter is in there. However I love the fly episodes as well! He is a great character there! It kinda brings him to a level to be recconed (SP?) with!

I think the fly thing was more then perfect for him! So even though I like his human form I am going with the fly

Last edited by Weird Pizza; 04-08-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Weird Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
Utrom
Foot Soldier

Human Baxter was a much better character as he was an actual threat to the turtes. After he was mutated, his fly "persona" began to dominate his mind, reducing him to a complete idiot. When Baxter was an actual human, his intellect was a force to be reckoned with, and, as we saw in the Eye of Sarnath episodes, he was not afraid to take advantage of Shredder when he got the chance. Leaving him as a human would have definately provided a great deal more potential for the character.

However, "Enter: the Fly" is one of the greatest episodes of the original toon, not only for the incredible story, but also for the scene where Krang tried to incinerate Baxter. That was an extremely graphic scene, and although it was made obvious with the continuous showing of the fly, the fly transformation sequence was pretty amazing. The only other appearance of the fly that I enjoyed was the episode "Return of the Fly", mainly for the excellent writing. The whole development with the alien computer was dragged on way too long and was simply stupid to begin with, and I absolutely loath "Landlord of the Flies" for the error in continuity.

Bottom Line: Human Baxter takes all.

- Albert Einstein

Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
Lady Venus
Mad Scientist

For me it was really hard to chose between both.

Sig made by: Joe
Lady Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

both. Human Baxter Stockman had a formindiable intelliect and was one to be rekoned with and is inventions where awasome, but he was to much of a ass kisser to be taken seriously sometimes, to be honest, his groveling was annoying and kind of diminshed his character.

Fly Baxter was creepy, he had that whole tragic OMG, i'm a freak of nature in pain and alone, thing going for him. And even though his idiotic regressed intelligence of a fly persona was annoying and dimed his character a bit, he was quite a bit more aggressive and vindictive toward Shredder and the Turtles than what he was before. Fly Baxter was the "revenge" character, which was good.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #5
AquaParade
Banned

At first, I almost picked the fly form of Baxter, just because back when I was a kid, he just seemed a lot more fun compared to human baxter. Now that I think back though, Human Baxter really could have branched out from Shredder and become a seperate enemy of the turtles later on in the seasons which would have helped mix up the show a little bit so we didnt have to see Shredder trying to take over the world every episode. Think of how cool it would have been if Human Baxter had his own base with all of his technology in it, that the turtles would have to infiltrate every once in a while
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
The Green Ranger
Thug

I like Human Baxter better. intellegance can beat physicality even if most dont believe it.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #7
Zack Dogg
Mouser

I enjoyed him much better in his human Baxter form. I couldn't believe that he could tolerate being constantly harassed and insulted by some insane Japanese man. It was satisfying to see him to betray Shredder in "Curse of the Evil Eye" and I thought that he should've stayed against him.

"Enter: The Fly" disappointed me as he only went back to Shredder's side after he sold him out for Rocksteady and Bebop, only to be deceived by him so easily. He must've suffered a case of amnesia after transmutating into a fly.
Zack Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:37 AM   #8
Ryzar
Random Punk

Human Baxter better in cartoon because he made more inventions and was more of a threat to the Turtles.

But Fly Baxter better as an action figure... to get wasted by the Turtles action figures!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Baxter the Fly i chose. Bitter "revenge" villains are cool to me.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #10
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

The reason why I like fly Baxter a bit better than human Baxter is because he was so bitter and vengeful, and had a gripe against Shredder which I thought was cool. Human Baxter although very intelligent and was insane was to much of a wuss for me to take to seriously.

Question, what was baxters last appearence in the series, did he die?

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #11
MutantMistress2013
Random Punk

I can go with the fly.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #12
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

By a very slight margin, I go with human Baxter, and I've been trying to figure out why for a while.

I think it's because becoming a fly is just one part of the character's larger story, which is one of almost pure failure. Becoming a fly is just the climax of a total trainwreck of a life, and because Baxter is shown as a human and a fly for almost an equal amount of time, I see him as a human who happened to become a fly, rather than just "that fly".

Plus, he's a never been a mutant anywhere else, so human Baxter fits more with the character as a whole, even if he's also not white anywhere else.

I will say, though, that to argue that human Baxter is a more effective villain is not true. Yeah, "Curse of the Evil Eye" was damn great, but other than that, human Baxter was just making inventions and complying with the Shredder, being weak and goofy and silly. Just how I likes it--but let's not pretend it was something else. He fell into dumpsters and got pizza thrown at him....

Human Baxter can actually be quite stupid regardless of his engineering skills, which includes his oversights in "Curse of the Evil Eye" that lead to his downfall.

Baxterfly is actually more effective as a villain, especially in his early episodes. He's much more active and, at first, independent. When he gets dumber and has that funny co-dependent relationship with that computer (which is an awesomely weird story, by the way), he's still physically strong and still manages to be a decent foe for the Turtles.

Though for me, the point is not whether Baxter is a good villain, but if he's an entertaining character. Baxter in the cartoons seems to always end up representing failure, and that's very fun to me--I don't want him to be something stronger.

Oh, and he didn't die in "Revenge of the Fly"--the writers just stopped using him. Which kinda sucks, but nothing about his status quo would have changed if he'd been used more often, especially not becoming human.

At least we dodged a possible "dark" Baxterfly for Red Sky, which would have likely sucked.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #13
The Sewer Lord
Hench Mutant

Human Baxter was a better character and a greater threat. Although I do like some of the Fly Baxter episodes.
The Sewer Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #14
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Fly Baxter is the coolest.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #15
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

This was a hard choice, but in the end I went with human Baxter.

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
Berserker
Thug

Human Baxter unless Fly Baxter is made into a tragic character that you feel sorry for rather than just mutant of the week. 2k3 show did an excellent job of making Stockman more tragic, despite the fact that he not turn into a fly.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #17
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrom View Post
Human Baxter was a much better character as he was an actual threat to the turtes. After he was mutated, his fly "persona" began to dominate his mind, reducing him to a complete idiot. When Baxter was an actual human, his intellect was a force to be reckoned with, and, as we saw in the Eye of Sarnath episodes, he was not afraid to take advantage of Shredder when he got the chance. Leaving him as a human would have definately provided a great deal more potential for the character.

However, "Enter: the Fly" is one of the greatest episodes of the original toon, not only for the incredible story, but also for the scene where Krang tried to incinerate Baxter. That was an extremely graphic scene, and although it was made obvious with the continuous showing of the fly, the fly transformation sequence was pretty amazing. The only other appearance of the fly that I enjoyed was the episode "Return of the Fly", mainly for the excellent writing. The whole development with the alien computer was dragged on way too long and was simply stupid to begin with, and I absolutely loath "Landlord of the Flies" for the error in continuity.

Bottom Line: Human Baxter takes all.
"Enter the Fly" is also one of the most important episodes. Here, Shredder re-unites with Bebop and Rocksteady, bringing back the concept that will last until the end of season 7.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
Galactus
Foot Elite

I kind of feel similar about this issue as I do about the Neutrinos.

"Enter the Fly" and episodes with Baxter coming back for revenge for being turned into a fly were generaly really good but as a character I think he was better off as a human.

That being said I did enjoy fly Baxter and he had a great design.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

Went with Baxter as a fly.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
Mzx10484
WEM Super Starfinder 200

Baxter as a fly is an amusing character with intelligent foundation in the OT !!
Mzx10484 is offline   Reply With Quote