The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 02:29 PM   #121
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If one gets the gig, a good one.

Can't say I pay enough attention to directors to be able to name names.

Either way, preferably an actual fan rather than a pretend fan for the sake of PR.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #122
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

So would you prefer a competant female director for hire or a director who is a white, male, and fan of the property?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:56 PM   #123
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Way too early to tell but if I had to guess, they'll push more into a kiddie direction than trying to adapt anything that's come before it.
They already tried going in a more kiddie direction with OOTS and it didn't pan out. Why would they do the same thing again?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #124
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
They already tried going in a more kiddie direction with OOTS and it didn't pan out. Why would they do the same thing again?
They didn't go kiddie, they went Transformers. They're definitely going kiddie... ala Rise of the TMNT.

Sponge Bob. My Little Pony.

Fo sho. Brace yourselves.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #125
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I don't see them ever going back to suits. There's really no reason to when Mocap has evolved to a point where it's so much easier and less expensive than building realistic Turtle suits.

If I had my way, i'd cast shorter actors who are actual martial artists for the Mocap Turtle actors and cast the voice actors separately. The Turtles shouldn't have human faces so you don't have to worry about implementing the actor's facial features into the renders.

I also wouldn't mind the Turtles looking more like, well, Turtles. Imagine this minus the clothing

Last edited by Leolead; 06-21-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #126
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No thanks... Not in the party of wanting to make them more animalisic looking. Less endearing and not really who they've ever been. It's interesting as fan art, but they need to be able to be endeared to and connecting with the viewer, not passed off as "just talking animals" which tends to get stuck was being "a kids thing," and looking more animalistic is probably gonna do that. Would be treated more like creatures and prob end up with less depth if they aren't seen as people.

One of the things I did like about OotS... They treated them like people that time. The stars of their own film, rather then "creature" plot devices. I guess it's why Transformers has been so easy for them to create so many films... Alien robots can't be expected and don't need to be like us on the inside so they don't have to delve into that much. They shouldn't mistake the Turtles for being similar just because they aren't human. They're still people and much like us on the inside...

And honestly, I'm not sure I'd want them going back to suits out of not wanting it trying to compete with the original. If they used suits then maybe it aught to be a 4th in line of the originals. A total reboot in that style just might feel like another unnecessary remake in a way.

edit:
Quote:
human faces
I gotta at least defend my boy... Straight on it's hard to tell, okay, I give it that, and the lips on all of them REALLY could have been kept to more of a minimum. That said though, Leo's profile is actually a bit similar his 2003 counterpart. Can't say much for the others, at least not Raph and Mikey (Donnie at least resembles Leo more), but Leo at least looks like they looked at some kind of reference. I don't know too many humans (actually none!) with a snouty face like that. lol

But I digress as it's prob not that version. Little sad to not get more of him (and his actor) to be honest, but I hope whatever they do next is decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
So would you prefer a competant female director for hire or a director who is a white, male, and fan of the property?
What, a woman couldn't happen to be a fan?

We need someone good, period. If they're actually foolish enough to try this again then they've got no room to screw around.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-21-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #127
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Design-wise, I'd love to see a live action version of the 2012 designs ala OotS video game, but maybe with friendlier faces

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 06-21-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #128
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Of course - but that wasn't the question I was asking. I'm just curious where people draw the line.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #129
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Why doesn't Paramount Pictures/ Platinum Dunes allow women (or people who aren't otherwise white men) to write/direct future TMNT films?

Why does it always have to be white men?
Your virtue signaling is hilarious.

I take someone who can direct a good movie over someone to just fill the stupid quota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I would love to see you talk some sense into the resetera forum. Probably not worth your time or blood pressure, but it’s a hive mind and you construct your thoughts well, so it’d be cathartic for me.
REEEEEEEEera is a hive mind of hypocrite virtue signaling socially inept losers. Moderators are protecting "elite" group of users who can say whatever they want and everyone else should fall in line or be banned. It's dictatorship of losers.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:07 PM   #130
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post

I take someone who can direct a good movie over someone to just fill the stupid quota.

REEEEEEEEera is a hive mind of hypocrite virtue signaling socially inept losers. Moderators are protecting "elite" group of users who can say whatever they want and everyone else should fall in line or be banned. It's dictatorship of losers.
Honestly, it's nice to hear that, despite it being a negative sentiment. The bias there is incredible. You really get the impression that the mod's have no idea what they're talking about, but are quite bullheaded.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:52 PM   #131
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
No thanks... Not in the party of wanting to make them more animalisic looking. Less endearing and not really who they've ever been. It's interesting as fan art, but they need to be able to be endeared to and connecting with the viewer, not passed off as "just talking animals" which tends to get stuck was being "a kids thing," and looking more animalistic is probably gonna do that. Would be treated more like creatures and prob end up with less depth if they aren't seen as people.

One of the things I did like about OotS... They treated them like people that time. The stars of their own film, rather then "creature" plot devices. I guess it's why Transformers has been so easy for them to create so many films... Alien robots can't be expected and don't need to be like us on the inside so they don't have to delve into that much. They shouldn't mistake the Turtles for being similar just because they aren't human. They're still people and much like us on the inside...

And honestly, I'm not sure I'd want them going back to suits out of not wanting it trying to compete with the original. If they used suits then maybe it aught to be a 4th in line of the originals. A total reboot in that style just might feel like another unnecessary remake in a way.

edit:

I gotta at least defend my boy... Straight on it's hard to tell, okay, I give it that, and the lips on all of them REALLY could have been kept to more of a minimum. That said though, Leo's profile is actually a bit similar his 2003 counterpart. Can't say much for the others, at least not Raph and Mikey (Donnie at least resembles Leo more), but Leo at least looks like they looked at some kind of reference. I don't know too many humans (actually none!) with a snouty face like that. lol

https://i.imgur.com/4JLCYbW.jpg

But I digress as it's prob not that version. Little sad to not get more of him (and his actor) to be honest, but I hope whatever they do next is decent.

We need someone good, period. If they're actually foolish enough to try this again then they've got no room to screw around.
I'm only imagining a more realistic design in movie with a much more serious tone ala Mirage or IDW. I don't mean for them to look like actual Turtles but idk have more Turtle-esque features like compound eyes and more noticeable beaks. Tbh, I don't think it would be that hard for the audience to sympathize with more realistic Turtles. As long as their faces still emote. A face like this would be cute to most people

Leo had the most traditional TMNT face in the 2014-2016 film so it's not really surprising
Old 06-21-2018, 04:54 PM   #132
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Design-wise, I'd love to see a live action version of the 3912 designs ala OotS video game, but maybe with friendlier faces
I'd be done for this as well. Maybe slim them down a bit, though.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:57 PM   #133
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah Leo was the better of them IMO. I'm not sure I'd take the more real turtle like faces personally but we all vary in what we like so some probably would.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #134
sdp
-

What if it's inspired by Rise?

Turtles have magical weapons.
Black April.
Raph is leader.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #135
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Black April.
Raph is leader.
Don't mind a black April cause she was pretty racially ambiguous in early Mirage.

No to the other two.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #136
sdp
-

I won't mind black April if and only if the VA of Rise Kat Graham reprises the role. She already looks great in yellow!

Last edited by sdp; 06-21-2018 at 05:48 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #137
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I won't mind black April if and only if the VA of Rise reprises the role. She already looks great in yellow!

http://cdn01.cdn.justjaredjr.com/wp-...leaving-02.jpg
She would be awesome.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #138
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post

Okay, you know what. Fine.

How come it's not "pandering/filling a quota" when rich, well-known companies hire (primarily) white men for mainstream franchises/ movies? How come it's not "catering" when studios/businesses promote (mainly) white men to positions of power/influence?

I don't understand how you can't look past your own point of view.

Until you feel the constant sting of being passed over and discriminated against for your gender/race/sexuality/etc., you won't understand.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #139
Leo656
The Franchise

Name names.

If you have concrete proof of these "injustices", then list both the victims and the perpetrators so that "justice" can be done.

To the specific point of the thread, it is now your job to provide concrete evidence that women/people of color have attempted to write and/or direct a TMNT movie, and were turned down for reasons that were NOT based on merit.

If you can name names and provide PROOF that these people were excluded based on race and/or gender, then I owe you one (1) cookie of your choice.

Otherwise, it's going to be very hard for me or anyone to take you seriously.

I'd ask you what kind of cookie you prefer, but let's be real... you're not going to complete the assignment.

Meanwhile, amidst all that teeth-gnashing, try not to chip one.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #140
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

Raph is leader.
Bite your tongue!

I prefer April as we typically know her, but I've never really had that much attachment to her so I can deal with the race change. Just not Megan Fox. And no one the equivalent of her. So if that girl is... then no, no thank you.

But this next one needs to make good on Judith Hoag's deleted OotS cameo and bring her back (if she wants to).

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence