The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #141
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyatemypizza View Post
The difference is that Playmates never gave us a gagged up fetish variant April figure
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #142
LilithMV
Thug

The gagged thing does not really fit April. What I mean is; Princess Peach, she seem to have a strong kink for getting kidnapped and gagged 24/7. It's kinda sad but that defines her. It's not exactly something I connect with April and to give her an extra head and a chair just so she can get kidnapped is silly, imo.
LilithMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #143
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilithMV View Post
The gagged thing does not really fit April. What I mean is; Princess Peach, she seem to have a strong kink for getting kidnapped and gagged 24/7. It's kinda sad but that defines her. It's not exactly something I connect with April and to give her an extra head and a chair just so she can get kidnapped is silly, imo.
You should watch more OT episodes.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #144
LilithMV
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPressApril View Post
You should watch more OT episodes.
I've watched them all several times. Nothing compared to the Queen of Damsels in Distress, aka, Princess Peach.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #145
Powder
So tired of this place

Okay? Princess Peach isn't a TMNT character getting a new figure, though. April was kidnapped/gagged a number of times, it makes sense. It's a bit weird, but not out of left field. I mean, let's be honest here, the average OT April O'neil Fan is weird too. If she's brought up on Facebook there's nothing but comments about childhood crushes or crass thoughts, & the bulk of her fan-art is unquestionably bondage fetishism. They're catering to that demo, which is smart, 'cause April's a hard sell in the first place. Their only mistake is making her ugly.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #146
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yeah, it makes sense catering to the fan service-y crowd to sell more units, and it's a fairly unique addition of accessories, the chair is pretty neat looking especially if it can fold up as well.

I'm just a bit surprised that despite the gagged fan service head, they went very modest in the bust department of the figure.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #147
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I mean, let's be honest here, the average OT April O'neil Fan is weird too. If she's brought up on Facebook there's nothing but comments about childhood crushes or crass thoughts, & the bulk of her fan-art is unquestionably bondage fetishism.
There are other OT April fans out there? I should dig deeper into that. I've never sexualized her though so on second thought maybe not. (she's more like my lifelong idol) to me she represents the perfect combination of strength and femininity. The perfect woman.
I am a little bit surprised by the reaction that this figure is getting though, in this Fifty Shades of Grey obsessed world what's one more tied up woman?
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #148
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
But that gagged head might have been too much. O.O
I can't imagine that would have been approved if it was an officially licensed release.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #149
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

I remember thinking this was a cool figure when I bought these Resivour Dogs Figures. Like who had ever done this before. And the ear and gas can wow. And yeah the chair was neat back then as well lol.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:10 AM   #150
LilithMV
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Okay? Princess Peach isn't a TMNT character getting a new figure, though. April was kidnapped/gagged a number of times, it makes sense. It's a bit weird, but not out of left field. I mean, let's be honest here, the average OT April O'neil Fan is weird too. If she's brought up on Facebook there's nothing but comments about childhood crushes or crass thoughts, & the bulk of her fan-art is unquestionably bondage fetishism. They're catering to that demo, which is smart, 'cause April's a hard sell in the first place. Their only mistake is making her ugly.
It does not make sense to me. And that's why I mentioned another fictional female character, where the gagged thing makes sense. I guess I'm not a typical fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPressApril View Post
There are other OT April fans out there? I should dig deeper into that. I've never sexualized her though so on second thought maybe not. (she's more like my lifelong idol) to me she represents the perfect combination of strength and femininity. The perfect woman.
I am a little bit surprised by the reaction that this figure is getting though, in this Fifty Shades of Grey obsessed world what's one more tied up woman?
I hate Fifty Shades of Grey with a passion.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #151
gunstarheroblue
Foot Soldier

im glad they tried to bring an April figure, but this is an immediate pass from me.
if these companies want our top dollar by charging 150.00 to 200.00 per figure- well... we have every right to be nitpicky.

I like the Camera, Turtle Com and Microphone, presspass but thats about it.
the Gagged headsculpt/chair is just too much. (poor taste)

the headsculpt lacks effort - its Marginal Quality at best.
the material is a too thick also, giving it a Walmart Barbie doll look
Old 08-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #152
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstarheroblue View Post
the headsculpt lacks effort - its Marginal Quality at best. the material is a too thick also, giving it a Walmart Barbie doll look
It does seem to have that vintage (1960s?) GI Joe look about it. I wonder where the line is draw between doll and action figure?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #153
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I wonder where the line is draw between doll and action figure?
The term Action Figure is a relatively new one, as the old GI Joes where called dolls. You mostly have man-children that feel threaten by having their toys being referred to as "dolls" it's kinda silly, and will be adamant about "correct terms"

Some people try to define a doll as a figure that have rooted hair and fabric/soft goods clothes, but. On legal definitions, a Action Figure represents a "non-human creature" and a Doll represents a "human" due to tariff differences.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #154
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The term Action Figure is a relatively new one, as the old GI Joes where called dolls. You mostly have man-children that feel threaten by having their toys being referred to as "dolls" it's kinda silly, and will be adamant about "correct terms"

Some people try to define a doll as a figure that have rooted hair and fabric/soft goods clothes, but. On legal definitions, a Action Figure represents a "non-human creature" and a Doll represents a "human" due to tariff differences.
Never heard about the human and non human aspect before. I like having categories and specifications for products. I think without really knowing the formal descriptions it just comes down to a "you know it when you see it" type of thing. I collect it all and just like to refer to things correctly. I would be tempted to call these dolls if showing one in my display.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #155
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Never heard about the human and non human aspect before. I like having categories and specifications for products. I think without really knowing the formal descriptions it just comes down to a "you know it when you see it" type of thing. I collect it all and just like to refer to things correctly. I would be tempted to call these dolls if showing one in my display.
Yeah. It actually resulted in an interesting case back in the 90's where Marvel went to court to have the X-Men declared as non-humans for tax purposes. That's a rather humorous given so much of the X-men's history in the comics up to that point had been about their attempts to be accepted as humans.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:33 PM   #156
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Yeah. It actually resulted in an interesting case back in the 90's where Marvel went to court to have the X-Men declared as non-humans for tax purposes. That's a rather humorous given so much of the X-men's history in the comics up to that point had been about their attempts to be accepted as humans.
That does sound interesting. I'm going to have to try and dig up some more info about it. Yeah that is weird too of all things it was involving the X-Men.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:51 AM   #157
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Not just X-Men, Boy Biz basically made all of their Marvel action figures deemed as "toys" since Fantastic Four and Spider-Man was in the legal document and they do argue that superhuman features is enough to classify as a "toy"
Old 08-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #158
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstarheroblue View Post
im glad they tried to bring an April figure, but this is an immediate pass from me.
if these companies want our top dollar by charging 150.00 to 200.00 per figure- well... we have every right to be nitpicky.
Where have you seen her for pre-order? Just thinking with these now being unlicensed they should be cheaper (no license fee) and they might not be available via the usual US websites.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #159
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Man, I'm still on the fence about these... I mean, they look great. But I've never been much of a posable figure kinda guy; I prefer statues.

On the other hand, I'm gonna wager a guess and say these are the closest thing we're going to ever get to a 2k3 TMNT set of statues(probably my favourite incarnation if I had to pick.)
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #160
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Man, I'm still on the fence about these... I mean, they look great. But I've never been much of a posable figure kinda guy; I prefer statues.

On the other hand, I'm gonna wager a guess and say these are the closest thing we're going to ever get to a 2k3 TMNT set of statues(probably my favourite incarnation if I had to pick.)
If the turtles are anything as good as the Shredder...you are missing out. Can only speak about Shredder and Casey is still on the way.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote