The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-25-2018, 07:17 AM   #221
Allio
Foot Elite

What I want is for Bra to go train with Frieza just to drive Vegeta’s suffering home.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:38 AM   #222
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The ending was predictable with some surprising things. Love the way the tournament ended.
yeah. they even set it up during the tournament.

I'm super glad Freiza didn't go nice. But Nice-ER is an interesting twist to expand his character a bit more. so he's not just a all out evil brat.

It's interesting that they had him almost immediately go back to his old ways at the end.....sometimes nostalgia tweaking CAN still work to bring a smile. so long as it's not over done.

I guess the preist under estimated universe 7's battle regiment and lowered their power level because of it. there is no way they should have won if they where really the second lowest out of all of them.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #223
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Before they announced the end of the show, several people were expecting the Grand Priest to be up to something, possibly the next saga being about the gang confronting the Angels. Obviously that was shut down when they announced the end of this.

I also liked that Freeza didn't reform, but it does slowly open the door for it though. The next series might lead into him teaming up with Goku and company again against a larger threat. I mean, you can only get your ass kicked (or flat out killed) by the good guys enough times before you think 'the hell with it, I'll just join em or at least back off'. Unlike most comics where the bad guys just go to jail all the time, all of Freeza's battles end in his death. He'll come to realize there'll be a time where if he dies again it'll be for good.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:25 AM   #224
CyberCubed
Overlord

He'll probably be left aside for a while before he discovers a power greater than Goku's. Eventually he'll probably be erased by Beerus if they realize they can no longer contain him.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #225
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He'll probably be left aside for a while before he discovers a power greater than Goku's. Eventually he'll probably be erased by Beerus if they realize they can no longer contain him.
I feel Goku's next step is to get to Jiren's strength on his own. They did the song and dance with Freeza before. and Ressurection F already covered the grandeur of Freeza coming back to wreak havoc. They can't re-create that. I loved him coming back for this saga because was put into new situations that forced him to do other things besides just getting revenge on Goku all the time.

My prediction is Freeza will end up having to help Goku again to stop another huge evil, possibly some bad guy from Jiren's universe that even he would need help against.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #226
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Before they announced the end of the show, several people were expecting the Grand Priest to be up to something, possibly the next saga being about the gang confronting the Angels. Obviously that was shut down when they announced the end of this.

I also liked that Freeza didn't reform, but it does slowly open the door for it though. The next series might lead into him teaming up with Goku and company again against a larger threat. I mean, you can only get your ass kicked (or flat out killed) by the good guys enough times before you think 'the hell with it, I'll just join em or at least back off'. Unlike most comics where the bad guys just go to jail all the time, all of Freeza's battles end in his death. He'll come to realize there'll be a time where if he dies again it'll be for good.

I kind of feel the same way. like he'll stay in his own corner of the universe and leave goku alone for a while. they even kind of hinted at that with him saying he was glad goku keeps his word. like he was getting tired of the endless back and forth.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #227
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I kind of feel the same way. like he'll stay in his own corner of the universe and leave goku alone for a while. they even kind of hinted at that with him saying he was glad goku keeps his word. like he was getting tired of the endless back and forth.
At this point, he would be stupid not to.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #228
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So there's now going to an animation department at Toei devoted entirely to Dragonball projects

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-ball/.129582
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:00 PM   #229
Vegita-San
Emperor

watching american dub..

about the only problem i had with this series was that the injuries the characters got basically meant nothing. you could get stabbed through multiple times and still move like nothing happened.

especially noticeable in this weekends ep.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:16 PM   #230
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
watching american dub..

about the only problem i had with this series was that the injuries the characters got basically meant nothing. you could get stabbed through multiple times and still move like nothing happened.

especially noticeable in this weekends ep.
It's my biggest complaint regarding the Goku Black saga. Don't give them sharp weapons if they can't really seriously injure someone.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #231
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I think this quote came from one of the episodes were the heroes go to visit Zamasu and Zuno's planet soon before Beerus kills Zamasu. Anybody know if the English dub was close to the original Japanese text?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #232
Vegita-San
Emperor

I THINK it was pretty close, IIRC.

They've been pretty good with exact dubs lately. I think they only missed one funny line from the original japanese, that I can't remember at the moment, but I was dissapointed it didn't make the american version.

it was from earlier in the series.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #233
Allio
Foot Elite

been reading the Super manga and I think I'm kind of getting what irks me about the anime.

Sure the pacing for the anime is hot garbage, though the manga's Tournament of Power suffers from being rushed, I feel like the major problem with Super's anime is that it tries to make everything a spectacle. I mean they made Ultra Instinct, which is described as being a technique rather than a power up, to be this higher than grander scale galactic scale. I suppose the arguement is that the power presented is Goku's own power rather than UI, but he was limited to thinking about his movements in which case UI removed those restrictions.

Where as in the manga it tones it down to, as Dyspo would call it, a normal level. UI is treated as what it should be, a technique. Honestly makes things more entertaining when things are on a more normal level.

also this is a fun animation

and I agree. Super Goku is stronger than GT Goku, but it wouldn't exactly be a curbstomp as many would think. GT should be able to outlast Super.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #234
CyberCubed
Overlord

Super's TOP is much better than the manga. In the anime every character gets a chance to shine (except for Tenshinhan I guess), and a lot of the other characters from the other universe get good fights besides the ones that were treated as background fodder. Nobody does anything in the manga, you have ridiculous stuff like Roshi dodging Jiren's attacks, Gohan and Kefla's fight is mostly off-panel, it's almost insultingly bad. And all the hype moments from the anime with 18, Piccolo, etc. are gone.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:17 PM   #235
Allio
Foot Elite

both are honestly awful but for different reasons. But I feel like some people blow this out of proportion. I mean the manga hits about every point the anime anime does aside from GoD Toppo and I think the Nememekians. Though I suppose again trying to cram like 50 god fosaken episodes into like 6 chapters will do that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
you have ridiculous stuff like Roshi dodging Jiren's attacks,
Jiren presented never fights at full power he was shown in his universe to only fight to incapacitate. Jiren attacked Roshi with only enough power to win but Roshi's own experience was able to dodge something that was meant to beat him, so Jiren only had to use a little more power to beat him.

One of the worst parts about the dragon ball fandom is the whole power level BS which was thrown out the door since Cell saga.

And boy don't get me started on Anime Jiren. Dude has personality that rivals Goten...almost nothing at all.

Last edited by Allio; 11-11-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #236
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
both are honestly awful but for different reasons. But I feel like some people blow this out of proportion. I mean the manga hits about every point the anime anime does aside from GoD Toppo and I think the Nememekians. Though I suppose again trying to cram like 50 god fosaken episodes into like 6 chapters will do that to you.

Jiren presented never fights at full power he was shown in his universe to only fight to incapacitate. Jiren attacked Roshi with only enough power to win but Roshi's own experience was able to dodge something that was meant to beat him, so Jiren only had to use a little more power to beat him.

One of the worst parts about the dragon ball fandom is the whole power level BS which was thrown out the door since Cell saga.

And boy don't get me started on Anime Jiren. Dude has personality that rivals Goten...almost nothing at all.
Well... not everyone needs a crazy quirky personality. Someone extremely serious and of little words is different in the insane world of Dragonball.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #237
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post

you mean Tien shouldn't have had ANY chance at holding back form 2 Cell with ANY sort of attack?

Old 11-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #238
Allio
Foot Elite

So spoilers about Broly movie is out

Spoiler:
Sounds about what I expected it to be.
It's an expanded "Dragon Ball Minus" + Legendary Broly + Fusion reborn which I think we all expected.

Though one issue I do have.

Spoiler:
The final fight between Blue Gogeta and Broly is essentially the entire third act. Which while I haven't seen the movie, so can't make the comparison, but last I checked the timelimit for fusion (Both dance and potara) drains faster the form is. This is shown pretty consistent to this because of SS3 Gotenks and Vegito. So I'm having a hard time seeing how Gogeta lasts long...of course is going off of spoilers presented and there may be information about that that wasn't shared.

Quote:
Well... not everyone needs a crazy quirky personality. Someone extremely serious and of little words is different in the insane world of Dragonball.
that's the same thought process that got us the original Broly. While I like the guy he has no personality and is popular because of visual and power alone, again like Jiren.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:08 AM   #239
Slade
god status

Spoiler:
Sounds about what I expected it to be.
It's an expanded "Dragon Ball Minus" + Legendary Broly + Fusion reborn which I think we all expected.

Though one issue I do have.

Spoiler:
The final fight between Blue Gogeta and Broly is essentially the entire third act. Which while I haven't seen the movie, so can't make the comparison, but last I checked the timelimit for fusion (Both dance and potara) drains faster the form is. This is shown pretty consistent to this because of SS3 Gotenks and Vegito. So I'm having a hard time seeing how Gogeta lasts long...of course is going off of spoilers presented and there may be information about that that wasn't shared.

Spoiler:
Think some of the fight happens in another dimension, possibly time doesn't move the same? Hell, they'll probably forget anyway.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:41 AM   #240
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Spoiler:
Think some of the fight happens in another dimension, possibly time doesn't move the same? Hell, they'll probably forget anyway.
Yeah, sad to say the dragon ball franchise isn't exactly "quality" story telling.