The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
Hordak
Foot Soldier

Rambo 5

Always excited about Rambo movies especially after the last one but a little nervous after reading this & hearing about the direction they are going...:

Stallone has owned the film rights to the novel "Hunter" by James Byron Huggins for about 10 years, and it looks like he's adapting that book as the next "Rambo" film. Here's the synopsis for the newly-titled Rambo 5: The Savage Hunt:

John Rambo could track anyone - or anything - on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Artic Circle. It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south toward civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation.

It's a job that Rambo and his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, can't turn down, but they and a team of highly-skilled special forces kill team discover that the prey is a terror beyond their wildest imagination - a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments. It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Rambo and Beau survive its unrelenting hunger for human blood, they'll still have to contront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal.

I liked the original rumored plot line about him fighting people traffickers & drug lords looking for a kidnapped girl at the Mexican boarder.
Hordak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
Brodie
Certified Teacher

This is the most insane thing I've heard in a long time.

Why would Rambo go from unrelenting-gorefest realistic scenario (last film) and jump to what sounds like a storyline in a Wolverine book?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
Stallone has owned the film rights to the novel "Hunter" by James Byron Huggins for about 10 years, and it looks like he's adapting that book as the next "Rambo" film. Here's the synopsis for the newly-titled Rambo 5: The Savage Hunt:

John Rambo could track anyone - or anything - on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Artic Circle. It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south toward civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation.

It's a job that Rambo and his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, can't turn down, but they and a team of highly-skilled special forces kill team discover that the prey is a terror beyond their wildest imagination - a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments. It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Rambo and Beau survive its unrelenting hunger for human blood, they'll still have to contront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal.
I seem to be saying this a lot these days:

".......What?"
Old 09-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Rambo vs Predator.....

Eh why not...there's an upcoming Robin Hood movie where Robin fights a monster....
Old 09-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
Roland
is Laughing

Rambo vs Predator.

Reminds me of the contra games. But i think it can rock. Maybe if rambo finds out there is whole swarm of predators and gets attack by more than one this might get really interesting.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Magneto
Foot Soldier

Seems like they are 'jumping the shark' so to speak with some of the details concerning this storyline, but I do like how it's essentially bringing things full circle where Rambo is now the hunter, and not the hunted. Which was the case in, First Blood.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
Dan
Banned

If Stallone wants to do a Sci-Fi film why put Rambo in it?
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #8
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
If Stallone wants to do a Sci-Fi film why put Rambo in it?
Cuz he only has 2 characters. Rocky and Rambo....and Rocky fighting monsters would be just plain up the wall....Unless....he like gets abducted and has to do boxing matches in space and stuff....
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Cuz he only has 2 characters. Rocky and Rambo....and Rocky fighting monsters would be just plain up the wall....Unless....he like gets abducted and has to do boxing matches in space and stuff....
I'm pretty sure that was a rhetorical question.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #10
Hordak
Foot Soldier

He should have just made this seprate from the Rambo series then maybe I would be excited about it like his upcoming The Expendables film. I will probably check it out but even my wife was like, wtf? That doesn't sound like Rambo!
Hordak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:38 AM   #11
Spitfire
Writer • Director

All these years later and he's still trying to rip off Arnold.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
Hordak
Foot Soldier

A little more info that surfaced today I found on a site,
"Monster news (pun intended) hit AICN this morning as they received (and posted) a voicemail from Sylvester Stallone who clarified the villain in his forthcoming fifth Rambo film, currently titled Rambo V: The Savage Hunt. While it was originally reported there would be super soldiers like in Universal Soldier, Stallone clarifies, "It's actually a feral beast, a thing, it's this an amalgamation of fury and intelligence and pure unadulterated rage. Its before men became human." He continues, "[It's] Your worst nightmare... you're battling your primitive self." It looks like we'll have a reason to cover this one. Seriously though, how awesome will this be if it's as bloody as the fourth Rambo? BRING IT!"

Sounds like Rambo vs Predator to me in a way! Lol! I still see it cause I like Stallone & Rambo. Spitfire did you hear Arnold was making a cameo in Stallone's new The Expendables movie?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Yeah along with every other action movie star for the past 15 years. That movie I'm looking forward to seeing just because of how ludicrous the cast is.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
Hordak
Foot Soldier

Yea it pretty crazy! Stone Cold, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Rourke, & Dolph Lundgren is back! I can't believe Steven Segal(I think he was approached) & Jean Claude Van Dam turned it down! What are they doing? Both are direct to DVD kings now! lol! And Wesley Snipes too cause I think they asked him as well!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

You can listen to Stallone talking about it himself here:
http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009...yVoiceMail.mov

People seem to be ignoring the underlying subtext of what he's saying. It seems pretty clear to me: Rambo isn't hunting some monster, or some rogue dude... the monster he's hunting is himself.

He's been a ticking time bomb since the first movie. A split personality/Jeckyll & Hyde type of thing would work.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
Hordak
Foot Soldier

I don't know bro, he says ""It's actually a feral beast, a thing, it's this an amalgamation of fury and intelligence and pure unadulterated rage. Its before men became human." sounds like a monster thing to me. Maybe it has some Rambo DNA in it since it might have been made by the government & Rambo is the best at what he does.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #17
Brodie
Certified Teacher

With what you just quoted Hordak, that sounds more like Andrew is right. It makes it sound like Rambo is sent to hunt this feral beast, and "before men became human" specifically sounds like it is infact a man. The term "human" just makes it sound like they mean "men before they had a consence/compassion/thought/etc."

You dig?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #18
Magneto
Foot Soldier

Whatever this "Beast" is unveiled to be, it sounds like there will be many parallels drawn between this, and what Rambo's experience was in First Blood. Which I think can work on a number of levels and bring the series completely full circle.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
discordiatookie
facehugger

I personally think that this sounds awesome!

Even better would be Rambo vs Dutch.

And as for Stallone only having two characters: Cobra. That is one cool mutha right there.

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
Hordak
Foot Soldier

Yea I follow. And only time will tell! But Dutch vs Rambo, yeah that would be cool! And Cobra was bad***!