shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

All of my foot ninjas saw it!
Old 12-19-2023, 12:01 PM   #62
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well, at least Carter's mutation was useful and saved the Turtles several times. The new Turtles mutations just made them dumber for the most part. I only remember them being helpful against Chronos. Other than that, they were a huge hassle.
I guess, it was the point. To give Turtles something to fight against, other than regular villains. An interesting angle in theory, not in execution.

Would make for a nice toyline, if Playmates cared enough at that point.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 01:37 PM   #63
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
All of my foot ninjas saw it!
By the time the Red Sky seasons were a thing, were there even any Foot Soldiers left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I guess, it was the point. To give Turtles something to fight against, other than regular villains. An interesting angle in theory, not in execution.

Would make for a nice toyline, if Playmates cared enough at that point.
Pretty much, yeah. I was interested in it at first but it ended up being rather underwhelming. The 2 parter episode of Leonardo going nuts wasn't really necessary imo. They were milking it too much by then.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:42 PM   #64
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Pretty much, yeah. I was interested in it at first but it ended up being rather underwhelming. The 2 parter episode of Leonardo going nuts wasn't really necessary imo. They were milking it too much by then.
Probably most interesting aspect of this story, is that the whole "secondary mutation" thing was salvaged from one of the scripts for a 4th movie.

Like, almost every story arc in RSS it doesn't have a satisfying conclusion - its just ends.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:28 AM   #65
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
By the time the Red Sky seasons were a thing, were there even any Foot Soldiers left?
Now much was shown of Krang and Shredder's army after they were sent back to Dimension X. ONE Foot Soldier appeared with Krang in "A Turtle In Time" when Landor and Merrick retrieved the past Turtles from the soon to be eaten Technnodrome.But that was the only time in the Reed Sky episodes that a Foot Soldier was shown,
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 10:30 AM   #66
TheUltimateBum
Thug

Quote:
Now that you mention it, perhaps Titanus is indeed a nod to Nero. I never realised that.

As for Dregg... pretty sure that's from when he introduced himself to the citizens of New York and was claiming to be a benevolent alien. Hence the forced goofy smile.
The problem is not the grin, it's the puppy dog eyes. And they used those eyes in other scenes apart from this one, and it really takes away from Dregg's menace. It even happens in moments where he sounds either normal or sounds more authoritative rather than scared. There is a moment in particular in Dregg of the Earth where he is angrily yelling at Hi-Tech about the possibility of a stray blast destroying the whole building, and the animators drew Dregg with those eyes even though he doesn't sound terrified.

There's also this scene where he is just speaking calmly to the people, and the animators just decided to switch between an expression fitting with the inflections and then this (which makes him look like he lost his favorite toy):

And in all honesty, what's worse is that there are better 'benevolent' Dregg expressions to use, like this one, which looks much less embarrassing than the goofy grin and puppy dog eyes:

And they could have made Dregg lose control of the situation and not look like a wimp by probably using expressions like this one:

Old 12-29-2023, 12:32 PM   #67
Sumac
Banned

His overall design is crap.
Some blue ugly alien guy with a big head in a flowing robe.

Its generic and doesn't really inspire anything.

I've always felt like he wouldn't be out of place in a Power Rangers. And that's not a compliment.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:56 PM   #68
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I remember watching it back in the day and I was surprised by the change of tone and animation.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 05:12 PM   #69
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

I did watch those episodes back in the day, but I was disappointed that they took out Shredder and Krang and replaced them with Lord Dregg.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote