The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 05:13 AM   #3701
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

For those that like both the Sentai and PR versions of each series, do any of you usually prefer the Sentai version, the PR version, or like them both equally?

I actually watched Zyuranger and am liking it a lot, especially through a story perspective. There were quite a few people that insisted that I watch the Carranger version over the Turbo series, mostly for being a spoof of its own self.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #3702
Allio
Foot Elite

Really dependent of course on each individual’s taste.

Of course what I have seen are things like Time Force and Timeranger being in the same level

Though then you have modern power rangers where Shinken/Gosei/Gokai are just seen as much better then Samurai/Megaforce

Then you have ninja steel and ninninger. Both god awful but in their own ****** ways.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #3703
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I wish they would release DVDs of pre zyuranger Sentai or even the skipped modern sentais. I somehow doubt casuals people nostalgic for Lost Galaxy are buying these sets, it has to be tokusatsu fans.
I think they'd put out pre-Zyuranger Sentai before they start putting out later Sentai at random. They're clearly going in order with the Sentai they've already released. There's no doubt that tokusatsu fans are going after these sets. They know the order in which these Sentai came out. So they should know what to expect to get next. Plus we don't even know that they'd skip Go-Busters, ToQger, and Zyuohger if they were to get as far as those two. In fact, they probably won't skip those since they did say everything is fair game.

They started with Zyuranger since it's the first one adapted for PR, and now they're close to getting to GogoFive, the EIGHTH Sentai to be adapted for PR. I personally would have been happy with just Zyuranger, but the sales are apparently proving to justify more releases. So as long as they want to keep these releases going, I'll be supporting them. We should be glad they're even doing this at all, and that they seem to be trying to put these out at a faster pace now. There have only been two Sentai sets released per year since they started doing this in 2015. If they keep the April release date for GogoFive, then we could get a third Sentai released this year, and maybe even a fourth. If that's the case, one of them might even be a pre-Zyuranger Sentai that people like you are thirsty for.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #3704
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

If they get to Timeranger, it's definitely going to be on my list.

I've also heard Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger (sp?) is better than the PR version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:00 PM   #3705
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel premieres on January 27th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=O_F-UOvuLBc
Old 01-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #3706
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

#23 of Boom's comic series is out this Wednesday. Rita returns to fix her damaged palace to make it look like Zedd's remodeling? Also, a conspiracy theorist in denial suggesting that the Olsens were not twins, but one girl? Both are out there. The latter is Kyle Higgins being tongue-cheek and the Power Rangers self-aware of absurdities that surround them.
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...er-rangers-23/
Old 01-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #3707
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Full frontal cover art of the GogoFive release, and 3D image of the packaging.

As for Super Ninja Steel, the first episode is called "Echoes of Evil". Episode description is in the link.

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overvi...001&aid=gapzap
Old 01-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #3708
Allio
Foot Elite

so I guess withthis being the 3 set in a row, we are rolling with helmet on ranger suits for dvds.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #3709
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The title of the second Super Ninja Steel episodes is "Moment of Truth".

http://www.morphinlegacy.com/2018/01...-released.html
Old 01-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #3710
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The 23rd issue
Spoiler:
had an odd monster of the day which was played for laughs and the Rangers had some meta humor in the situation with the conspiracy theorist in denial sheep who spits wool. Also, Billy finds where Lord Drakkon/alternate Tommy is being held prisoner for questioning. I guess it was supposed to be a shock to the Rangers and the reader, but we already know that Lord Drakkon was taken into custody by Prometha. Not to mention he will get free at the end of next issue to start a variation of the war he provoked and won in his alternate dimension. I am curious what Grace did with the Psycho Green Ranger's dagger.

On a related note, what exactly are the Psycho Rangers. It was after my time of viewership. Are they mutants like the putties with badges or corrupted teenagers like Lord Zedd's team from Green No More or robotic?
Old 01-19-2018, 06:11 AM   #3711
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

On a related note, what exactly are the Psycho Rangers. It was after my time of viewership. Are they mutants like the putties with badges or corrupted teenagers like Lord Zedd's team from Green No More or robotic?
In Power Rangers in Space, Astronema created them from energy of her superior, Dark Specter. The more active they were, the weaker Dark Specter would get. Once the rangers defeated them all, he stopped feeling weak.

They'd return again in the form of ghosts, and brought themselves back to life by going through this machine Astronema was using to capture civilians in data cards. The civilians would be restored, and the rangers captured them in the data cards.

The Psycho Rangers returned in Lost Galaxy, where Trakeena got a hold of the data cards and brought them back. The Space Rangers returned to help the Galaxy Rangers get rid of them for good, even though the Pink Psycho Ranger would somehow survive, and go after the Pink Rangers. She'd finally be defeated, however.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #3712
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Sharing a life force of a powerful being it reads like. Okay, I will go with that. However, trapping them in plastic cards like a credit card to beat them? 😒
Old 01-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #3713
Allio
Foot Elite

It made sense in Megaranger
Old 01-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #3714
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Kyuranger is included in the "Shattered Grid" artwork from Boom studios

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/power...rangers-source
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:44 AM   #3715
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Was there ever an HD release of the MMPR seasons? I tried looking online and was surprised I couldn't find it anywhere.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:37 AM   #3716
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Was there ever an HD release of the MMPR seasons? I tried looking online and was surprised I couldn't find it anywhere.
There isn't, and why be surprised? The way it was filmed probably isn't even suitable for HD.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:54 AM   #3717
Allio
Foot Elite

Not to mention it would probably make the Sentai footage more glaring
Old 01-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #3718
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I'm just saying. Considering the legacy it's created I'm surprised it hasnt gotten an HD makeover, even if it's synthetic upscaling.

It looks like the show was shot on video, which is an awful source but it can still look better than it is.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #3719
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The sentai Mighty Morphin' is based on actually has a higher quality release in Japan the problem is it was shot with cheaper cameras in America so the American footage looks worse and it's even more noticeable if you take the better quality Sentai footage and mix it with the less than stellar American one, it works better when all the footage is the same quality even if a bit lower.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #3720
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

True. Mixing mid 70's film with early 90's video isn't going to make for a consistent look, but I assumed even for a cash grab they'd have released something somewhere by now

Tags
power rangers