The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

How did Dregg survive?

On "the Day the Earth Disappeared" Lord Dregg was sucked into the blackhole and his ship exploded. How did he survive that? Weren't all of his computers destroyed as well? Was it possible he used the Vortex Transporter? And if he survived that somehow, is it possible that he survived the explosion from Krang's robot body?
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #2
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I don't know how Dregg survived in The Day the Earth Disappeared. When I first watched season ten as a kid, I assumed that he had been killed in that episode, so it was a shock to find out that he was still alive in Divide and Conquer.

I assume that Dregg ended up on a planet inside the black hole after he was sucked into it. It's possible that he got lucky. He also still had a few minutes to think of a way to escape. I think he was definitely killed off in the series finale, though, as I doubt he would have survived the explosion at the end and he didn't have time to think of a way to save himself. He also could've been taken out by the monsters in the Technodrome.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-04-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I don't know how Dregg survived in The Day the Earth Disappeared. When I first watched season ten as a kid, I assumed that he had been killed in that episode, so it was a shock to find out that he was still alive in Divide and Conquer.

I assume that Dregg ended up on a planet inside the black hole after he was sucked into it. It's possible that he got lucky. He also still had a few minutes to think of a way to escape. I think he was definitely killed off in the series finale, though, as I doubt he would have survived the explosion at the end and he didn't have time to think of a way to save himself. He also could've been taken out by the monsters in the Technodrome.
He might have ended on another planet through transporting himself. I mean we saw his ship go into the black hole and it exploded, so I guess he used his Vortex Transporter to transport himself and Mung out of there. It seems unlikely Dregg would ever survive the explosion from Krang's body. He was grabbed and couldn't escape, only had a few seconds left and there's no way he'd survive such a powerful explosion at such close range so I guess he's gone for good. The monsters could but Dregg was pretty formidable and I imagine there'd have to be a lot of monsters to take out Dregg

I often theorized this. Remember when he meets April by transsfering himself into a computer and appearing right before her? I thought that perhaps Dregg was transported near the Technodrome and at the last minute, transsferred his essense into one of the working computers in the Technodrome. It was damaged but the Transdimensional portal in the technodrome was working so I thought maybe he went inside the Technodrome's computer to escape. Especially since when The Turtles came back from Dimension X, they were at the Technodrome, though.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
sdp
-

As a kid I assumed all villains escaped somehow no matter what. It wasn't until I watched more anime that I stopped assuming that and that only applied to anime shows. Western shows have changed now and we see plenty of permanent deaths but it's still rare and definitely not common at all back in the 90s.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
As a kid I assumed all villains escaped somehow no matter what. It wasn't until I watched more anime that I stopped assuming that and that only applied to anime shows. Western shows have changed now and we see plenty of permanent deaths but it's still rare and definitely not common at all back in the 90s.
I agree that it was rare that villains were killed off back in the 90s. There were a few times that I thought the Joker died a few times in the DCAU and he came back soon enough.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

All this talk really makes me want to watch the Red Sky seasons of the show.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
Icebot
Foot Elite

I don't know how Dregg survived the black hole explosion but this is why I never thought Dregg was destroyed in Divide And Conquer. If he could survive the Dreggnaught explosion in the previous episode, why couldn't he survive the Krang body explosion, not to mention he had his extra exoskeleton and he didn't have it in the 2nd to last episode.

This is a lot like when AVGN reviewed the TMNT 3 movie when he thought
Spoiler:
Super Shredder should have survived easily if he can do it as regular Shredder.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #8
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

I am still wondering how Brak lived though certain death in Space Ghost.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #9
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
I don't know how Dregg survived the black hole explosion but this is why I never thought Dregg was destroyed in Divide And Conquer. If he could survive the Dreggnaught explosion in the previous episode, why couldn't he survive the Krang body explosion, not to mention he had his extra exoskeleton and he didn't have it in the 2nd to last episode.

This is a lot like when AVGN reviewed the TMNT 3 movie when he thought
Spoiler:
Super Shredder should have survived easily if he can do it as regular Shredder.
With Shredder we saw his mask getting crushed but that doesn't mean he himself got crushed as it is possible his mask fell off after falling to the garbage truck. After al if he was getting crushed wouldn't we have heard him screaming?

With Dregg he was right next to the Vortex Transporter, Even though the ship was falling apart, it is entirely possible he used the Vortex Transporter to beam away from the explosion. Not sure where he ended up. He was on a planet but I assumed it was back in Dimension X. Krang's body however held him tightly, there was about 5 seconds for the thing to explode. If you listen closely you can hear an explosion in the back ground when they push Dregg into the portal and Mike and Don fall to the ground probably from the explosion. There was no way he can get out of the hold and he had no where to teleport to.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #10
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
With Dregg he was right next to the Vortex Transporter, Even though the ship was falling apart, it is entirely possible he used the Vortex Transporter to beam away from the explosion. Not sure where he ended up. He was on a planet but I assumed it was back in Dimension X. Krang's body however held him tightly, there was about 5 seconds for the thing to explode. If you listen closely you can hear an explosion in the back ground when they push Dregg into the portal and Mike and Don fall to the ground probably from the explosion. There was no way he can get out of the hold and he had no where to teleport to.
I assumed that Dregg ended up on a planet inside the black hole. I don't think he survived that explosion. He could have downloaded his mind into the Technodrome's computers to cheat death, but I'd say he was killed in the portal by the explosion before his body was sent to Dimension X.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #11
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I think he survived in "Divide & Conquer", just getting kicked out from Earth, in case the writers wanted a season 11.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:32 AM   #12
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I assumed that Dregg ended up on a planet inside the black hole. I don't think he survived that explosion. He could have downloaded his mind into the Technodrome's computers to cheat death, but I'd say he was killed in the portal by the explosion before his body was sent to Dimension X.
That actually would have been cool if before Krang's body exploded, Dregg got away by transferring his mind and body into the Technodrome's main computer, takes control of the Technodrome, rebuilds it with Microbots and tries to conquer Earth once again. But I doubt Mung would work with him again, since Mung blatantly said that Dregg lost his friggin mind. But I'm not sure if the writers intended to have a Season 11. Because we hear an explosion when Dregg is pushed into the portal, we never see Dregg again and Splinter finally acknowledges his students as equals and says they no longer need a guide which kind of makes me think they intended to end the series like this. Unlike some shows like with Sonic SATAM where they did intend to write another season but got canceled, but it seems the writers intended to end TMNT on Divide and Conquer.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #13
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Dregg's transporter controls were already destroyed by Leonardo and Donatello before the ship exploded so he couldn't have used that. It's possible the ship acted as a shell (pardon the pun) to protect him from harm. Much like how the Technodrome once had thick armor that needed a ninja star blade to penetrate.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #14
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Dregg's transporter controls were already destroyed by Leonardo and Donatello before the ship exploded so he couldn't have used that. It's possible the ship acted as a shell (pardon the pun) to protect him from harm. Much like how the Technodrome once had thick armor that needed a ninja star blade to penetrate.
Don said they'd have to destroy all of their computers to stop Earth from getting sucked into the black hole. Dregg said the navigational computers were gone now and the ship was being drifted into the black hole. We weren't really certain if the computers for the Vortex Transporter was destroyed. We know the Vortex Transpoter was still around.

I'm not sure if it could act as a shell. The entire thing exploded into pieces and Dregg would have been sucked in the vacuum of space. But perhaps there was another Votrex Transporter somewhere in Dimension X of which he made contact and had them beam him there. We know Dregg had another transporter, although a smaller one in Divide and Conquer where he was teleporting the aliens to fight the Turtles so maybe that particular transporter beamed him back to Dimension X. Otherwise there was no way he could have survived the explosion and the vacuum of space.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #15
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I thought Dregg was killed off in The Day the Earth Disappeared, as he shouts a big No! just before his ship enters the black hole and explodes. In Divide and Conquer, the Turtles were wondering who was sending aliens after them and only after a while did they realise it was probably Dregg, so I think they thought he was gone for good at the start of the episode.

A lot of villains on tv have a habit of surviving most things, though. At the end of season two, Shredder and Krang survived when the Technodrome ended up in lava.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #16
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Once the computers were all destroyed, Donatello mentioned the transporter was destroyed too. If it weren't for Raphael and Michaelangelo coming through a portal, they would never have gotten home.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #17
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Once the computers were all destroyed, Donatello mentioned the transporter was destroyed too. If it weren't for Raphael and Michaelangelo coming through a portal, they would never have gotten home.
Well Dregg can either survive in the vaccum of space and a giant explosion which is rather doubtful or perhaps Dregg contacted someone in Dimension X to transport him there via communicator.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:26 AM   #18
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
Well Dregg can either survive in the vaccum of space and a giant explosion which is rather doubtful or perhaps Dregg contacted someone in Dimension X to transport him there via communicator.
I don't think Dregg had time to think of a way to escape in either scenario. In The Day the Earth Disappeared, he made a last-ditch attempt to survive by trying to follow the Turtles through the portal and he even said before that he was willing to die if it meant taking them with him.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:24 PM   #19
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

How did Dregg survive..hmm...

Yeah; I got nothing here and Dregg was pretty much out of his good sense as Season 10 drew to a close. If Krang's old android body didn't blow Dregg up, then he's stuck in a dimensional limbo with the Krangazoid clones and Baxter Fly Stockman.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #20
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't think Dregg had time to think of a way to escape in either scenario. In The Day the Earth Disappeared, he made a last-ditch attempt to survive by trying to follow the Turtles through the portal and he even said before that he was willing to die if it meant taking them with him.
He did try but I don't know how else he survived. He was afraid of getting caught in the explosion in Dregg Tower. There is definitely no way he could survive an even bigger explosion and in the vacuum of space. He either just came up with the idea to teleport somewhere else to Dimension X or perhaps a 3rd party beamed him out, i.e. one of his Batmen. I kinda wish they would explain.

But before you see it explode, notice there's a little flash of light right before it blows up. I always imagined that was him teleporting to get away from the explosion.

Last edited by Yabuturtle; 12-09-2015 at 06:57 AM.