Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #201
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HienFan View Post
I remember a moment where some girl(I think it could be Irma) ate a hamburger

Unfortunately that's all I saw other than a glimpse of the Turtles confirming it's this show and that was back on 1999 so definitely not 2003
Irma's diet was a running gag in "Attack of the 50-foot Irma."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #202
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I remember this moment from a season 4 episode after one of the Turtles said something off the wall and Raph replied with,"Could we pretend we've never met?" The way Rob Paulson delivered that line always made me laugh as a kid. I'm thinking it was Slash the Evil Turtle from Dimension X but not sure. Guess I'll have to pop in some discs and go hunting lol.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #203
halperin
Thug

what was the bosses name from the TV show? aprils boss
halperin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #204
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by halperin View Post
what was the bosses name from the TV show? aprils boss
Burne Thompson. I think he cracks me up even more as an adult.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #205
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

I really disliked Burne*not in a hater sense btw since every show has to have someone that riles you badly*. He was always blaming the turtles for everything bad that ever happened in NY. Two of the worst things he did was blame the turtles for Channel 6 News getting blown up (when really it was Shredder and his hench mutants' fault; and there was barely enough time for Splinter to get everyone out), and when the turtles saved Burne and April from Titanus, and Burne was about to change his hater opinion on mutants, but he blew his lid over them wrecking his satellite (I think it was?) when they tried to stop Titanus from mutating the entire city. He was ungrateful as ever, and never once contemplated that if it weren't for the turtles, NY would have been Shredderville! (You'd think he would have learned his lesson after the season 6 finale "Shredder Triumphant!", where Kraang and Shredder basically took over the city, including the station until the turtles came back, Irma went all Rambo, and the villains lost the technodrome and all their resources).

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #206
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
I really disliked Burne*not in a hater sense btw since every show has to have someone that riles you badly*. He was always blaming the turtles for everything bad that ever happened in NY. Two of the worst things he did was blame the turtles for Channel 6 News getting blown up (when really it was Shredder and his hench mutants' fault; and there was barely enough time for Splinter to get everyone out), and when the turtles saved Burne and April from Titanus, and Burne was about to change his hater opinion on mutants, but he blew his lid over them wrecking his satellite (I think it was?) when they tried to stop Titanus from mutating the entire city. He was ungrateful as ever, and never once contemplated that if it weren't for the turtles, NY would have been Shredderville! (You'd think he would have learned his lesson after the season 6 finale "Shredder Triumphant!", where Kraang and Shredder basically took over the city, including the station until the turtles came back, Irma went all Rambo, and the villains lost the technodrome and all their resources).
I think most of Burne's frustration was that the Turtles had to use resources of Channel 6 most of the time (which was typically destroyed), rather than using other tools and equipment from other companies, or at least from other competing networks. Furthermore, because of the Turtles' close friendship with April, it always made Channel 6 a target by association. Let's not forget the newly planned building that was under construction, was eventually destroyed in Shreeka's Revenge.

Imagine Burne trying to explain away all those damages and losses to his superiors...
Like Lotus said in the show (Beware the Lotus), and in business apparently, "...There's not much gold in goodness."

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 02-12-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #207
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Y'know, I liked it in "Return of the Shredder" when Burne was after the Turtles in order to impress his (probably much younger) girlfriend. It was a nice way to undermine the obvious ripoff of J. Jonah Jameson.

It was much less interesting when they tried to play that all straight.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #208
ShinMusashi44
Foot Soldier

Did the two channel 6 crew members have names? Not Vernon, but the other 2. One used the big camera and the other guy had some kind of box. I know they were in season 1 and 2 but not sure after that.
ShinMusashi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #209
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44 View Post
Did the two channel 6 crew members have names? Not Vernon, but the other 2. One used the big camera and the other guy had some kind of box. I know they were in season 1 and 2 but not sure after that.
One of them could be Jeff. In the first episode Turtle Tracks, April said "Back to you Jeff". Phil is also possible. In Season 8 The Wrath of the Rat King, April told a guy named Phil to use Camera 2.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #210
ShinMusashi44
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
One of them could be Jeff. In the first episode Turtle Tracks, April said "Back to you Jeff". Phil is also possible. In Season 8 The Wrath of the Rat King, April told a guy named Phil to use Camera 2.
I don't think Jeff. Because in news when they say "back to you" they are talking about the main news anchor in the studio. So Jeff is the main guy and april is the field anchor. But Phil could be the guy with the big camera.
ShinMusashi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #211
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Phil could also be one of the new guys when the temporary station opened. At the end of Wrath, Leonardo mentioned that Burne hardly had any reporters left so I imagine the same went for camerapeople and stuff like that.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #212
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

I think they were one of those "no name" characters. I didn't get their names, and I would have noticed since I watched EVERY episode and made a list of ALL characters. I would have noticed their names.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:24 PM   #213
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Shredders mom

In the shredders mom episode they are trapped in the trash compactor and Michelangelo said "didn't we do this in another episode?" Which one was he referring to? Season 4 episode 4 or FW OT
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #214
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
In the shredders mom episode they are trapped in the trash compactor and Michelangelo said "didn't we do this in another episode?" Which one was he referring to? Season 4 episode 4 or FW OT
The walls close in on them in many episodes. The earliest was probably the episode in Season 1 in the Technodrome, probably the second episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #215
Warhorse
Emperor

Ok, I have 3, what episodes were these from?

First two from OT,

Raph cuts something that is holding Michelangelo and Mikey falls down hard on his butt, and he yells to Raph "Thanks alot Raphael" And Raph, grinning, was like "No problem man!"

Then, one where they were in the van, and it looses control and almost crashed into a wall, and Mikey is cringing, waiting for the crash, and Raph was like "why the worry, you had like 3 inches to spare!"

And then, one from 2k3, Raph is walking up to the subway, and is startled by a train flashing by, close enough that Raph almost got his nose hit.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #216
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Then, one where they were in the van, and it looses control and almost crashed into a wall, and Mikey is cringing, waiting for the crash, and Raph was like "why the worry, you had like 3 inches to spare!"
I could be wrong but I think that was The Mean Machines.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #217
fridaynightdestination
Banned

What's the episode where Shredder and the Krang go into this mansion and kidnap this princess, and then the turtles rescue her or something? I remember seeing this episode as a little kid, what is it?
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #218
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I think you are eferring to April Foolish which April is mistaken for PRincess Mallory that Shredder kidnaps for ransom.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #219
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
I remember this moment from a season 4 episode after one of the Turtles said something off the wall and Raph replied with,"Could we pretend we've never met?" The way Rob Paulson delivered that line always made me laugh as a kid. I'm thinking it was Slash the Evil Turtle from Dimension X but not sure. Guess I'll have to pop in some discs and go hunting lol.
Boy, I remember that, but I really can't remember the episode. I think Raphael may have said it to Leonardo after he made some corny expression or something.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #220
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Boy, I remember that, but I really can't remember the episode. I think Raphael may have said it to Leonardo after he made some corny expression or something.
Yeah! Now that you mention it, I think it was Leo he was addressing. Love Raph lines like that. Another one that still cracks me up went something like,"Do you think you could deliver lines like that with a straight face?" And there's the one from Planet of The Turtleoids when Don is passionate about a place where turtles can live in harmony. "If he starts singing, I advise you to switch to another channel." Something like that anyway.

Tags
ask a question, questions