The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #7161
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Yeah, still pretty cold in spite of what many people think.

My grind is the heat right now. walked down to the mailbox and nearly had a meltdown. Not a good sign for the rest of summer. Walking to and from work is going to be a real b**ch....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #7162
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post

My grind is the heat right now. walked down to the mailbox and nearly had a meltdown. Not a good sign for the rest of summer. Walking to and from work is going to be a real b**ch....
Then, be happy e-mail is taking over traditional mail more and more for every year passing.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #7163
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't mind the heat so much, depending on how hot, but the humidity... ugh. Had been pretty good lately, even through some recent 90s, but today is only low 80s but feels terrible. Try to breath outside and you might risk drowning.

Supposed to be back to around 90 tomorrow, so I hope the humidity lets up.

Today's grind though is that it was hot at work when I got there this morning. They put in a new system just last fall and it's already not working??

Fortunately some guys were there working on it so it didn't remain bad. I really don't want any repeats of what happened last summer.

Quote:
Quite. Though I'd prefer the Atlantic over the Pacific for sure.

Look at that difference this time of year... What, does the Pacific freeze over in winter? We've got like a giant hot tub on this side now. Though if you hoped to cool off at the beach, forget it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-17-2017 at 02:10 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #7164
Prowler
Emperor

Yeah humidity is a pain and my city is by a river, meaning it tends t have high humidity. Lots of heat combined with high humidity is hell.

It's been raining now... but still hot as hell. It's like this country is turning into a South East Asian country with tropical weather
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #7165
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

84 F at the Texas coast!? What is happening!?

I've realized my homework that's due tomorrow at midnight was a lot shorter than I thought...and I've been putting it off. Though, granted, I was crazy busy with other things that it's probably better I did it on a weekend.

Also, trying to figure out foreshortening on Utroms, especially in...unique positions. It might seem easy, but it's not!
Old 06-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #7166
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Then, be happy e-mail is taking over traditional mail more and more for every year passing.

Not for packages. I order stuff from amazon and eBay a lot (mostly dollhouse items or comics). Those fit in my mailbox pretty easily most of the time. Or our relatives. They still send everything snail-mail. Especially my grandmother and her church bulletins. Or his mom (actually all our relatives) and holiday/birthday cards. And of course the endless pile of medical bills, or those advertisement papers that always seem to fill our box. Yeah, no shortage of REAL mail for us any time soon, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I don't mind the heat so much, depending on how hot, but the humidity... ugh. Had been pretty good lately, even through some recent 90s, but today is only low 80s but feels terrible. Try to breath outside and you might risk drowning.

Supposed to be back to around 90 tomorrow, so I hope the humidity lets up.

Today's grind though is that it was hot at work when I got there this morning. They put in a new system just last fall and it's already not working??

Fortunately some guys were there working on it so it didn't remain bad. I really don't want any repeats of what happened last summer.

Quite. Though I'd prefer the Atlantic over the Pacific for sure.

Look at that difference this time of year... What, does the Pacific freeze over in winter? We've got like a giant hot tub on this side now. Though if you hoped to cool off at the beach, forget it.

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImag...rTemps/usa.jpg

Sweet mother, I can relate! It is sweltering inside our store, too. Even worse since they HAVE AC but keep it turned too low to help the heat situation, especially near the kitchen area, or the drive through windows. And it is only going to get hotter as summer progresses. couple that with the two-mile walk, and I foresee a miserable summer for me....

Old 06-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #7167
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Sweet mother, I can relate! It is sweltering inside our store, too. Even worse since they HAVE AC but keep it turned too low to help the heat situation, especially near the kitchen area, or the drive through windows. And it is only going to get hotter as summer progresses. couple that with the two-mile walk, and I foresee a miserable summer for me....
Eek o.O

Is there a freezer you can keep a bottle of water in through the shift so it's there for the walk home?
Old 06-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #7168
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Better. We have fountain drink machines of course, with ice water and non-carb drinks I can carry home in the bottle I keep with me. So that's not really a problem. Just that it's a looong walk and only has any shade along maybe about half my route. With long stretches of unshaded walking in between. It's just like being in Hell, except without the entertainment....

Old 06-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #7169
Prowler
Emperor

What is happening for the weather to be that messed up where I live? It's been very hot since May and borderline tropical weather. I thought Trump said global warming was a Chinese farce...
Old 06-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #7170
Overlord

Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
What is happening for the weather to be that messed up where I live? It's been very hot since May and borderline tropical weather. I thought Trump said global warming was a Chinese farce...
I thought Portugal was always that very hot from May until September something.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #7171
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I thought Portugal was always that very hot from May until September something.
No. May is traditionally a rain and thunderstorm month. Not a month where max temps reach 30C. Same for September. hell not even June tends to be a month where max temps reach 30C, let alone 39-40 degrees. That's more in July and August.

Also, the North is a bit colder and can be pretty cold in the Winter, as in minimum temperatures between -2C and 7C.

And for the record, Lisbon has a lot of rain for a southern European cit.y Pretty sure it's the Southern European capital with the highest amount of yearly rain. It's not always sunny here and when it rains it rains FOR REAL.

Remember that Portugal doesn't touch the Mediterranean, but the Atlantic only. So it's not like it's Sicily, Greece or Andalusia.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #7172
Overlord

Quote:
No. May is traditionally a rain and thunderstorm month. Not a month where max temps reach 30C. Same for September. hell not even June tends to be a month where max temps reach 30C, let alone 39-40 degrees. That's more in July and August.

Also, the North is a bit colder and can be pretty cold in the Winter, as in minimum temperatures between -2C and 7C.

And for the record, Lisbon has a lot of rain for a southern European cit.y Pretty sure it's the Southern European capital with the highest amount of yearly rain. It's not always sunny here and when it rains it rains FOR REAL.

Remember that Portugal doesn't touch the Mediterranean, but the Atlantic only. So it's not like it's Sicily, Greece or Andalusia.
But snow in Portugal must be rare?
Old 06-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #7173
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
It's crazy in this country too... My area hit 90F in April. VERY very not normal.

It DIDN'T used to be normal for us to hit 80s in May, but it has been that way for the last number of years. This year it's 90s (which used to be an August thing). The temperatures are also still very unsteady though, it's weird.

Yeah, global warming, total crock, when will the Chinese stop pretending its real so we can stop this.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #7174
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
But snow in Portugal must be rare?
Well yeah that is true. It snows in some parts but I have never experienced snow in my area. It must have snowed about 3 times in Lisbon in the last 100 years.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:06 PM   #7175
Overlord

Seems we'll experience the Future Shark events one day...
Old 06-17-2017, 05:20 PM   #7176
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've resolved to making a little Utrom model to help me with my issues...but it turned into a bigger project that I intended.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #7177
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Pretty sure the heat is going to kill me. Not just the heat, but the humidity/sweaty air which makes it impossible to cool down, and it's affecting me physically as in nausea and pain.

It's worst when I'm at work, but st least my coworkers let be do the chores inside the fridge stock room so I can feel better. Of course that's when we're more gen one at work, I'm mostly alone.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:04 AM   #7178
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A neighbor's dog attacked a stray cat and broke both his back legs. He had to drag himself to get around, which basically means he's toast.

There's huge gashes on one of the legs and he's bleeding from somewhere I can't tell.

The worst part is that animal control can't collect him until Monday and I have no way to get there myself. And that he's really enjoyed attention. He's finally in a comfortable position and has been able to drink water.

But it would be extremely expensive to try to fix the bones, so there's no choice but to put him down.

I'm more than at a gear grind, I'm the most p*ssed off I've been in a long time : !
Old 06-18-2017, 05:58 AM   #7179
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
A neighbor's dog attacked a stray cat and broke both his back legs. He had to drag himself to get around, which basically means he's toast.

There's huge gashes on one of the legs and he's bleeding from somewhere I can't tell.

The worst part is that animal control can't collect him until Monday and I have no way to get there myself. And that he's really enjoyed attention. He's finally in a comfortable position and has been able to drink water.

But it would be extremely expensive to try to fix the bones, so there's no choice but to put him down.

I'm more than at a gear grind, I'm the most p*ssed off I've been in a long time : !
Contact Vet Ranch? They try to save animals that are abandoned or whatever and have injuries.. Not sure where in Texas you are, but they have 2 or 3 locations... they take donations and make videos of rescuing the animals... mjht be worth a shot.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:30 AM   #7180
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm in Waco, and I honestly can't find their location or contact information. Which honestly makes things difficult

Edit: I was able to find they're in Boerne, but it's two hours south of me.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 06-18-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote