The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 04:26 AM   #161
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I think we have to wait and see, As soon we see a clip/trailer, we will be clear what direction the new tv show will be taking.

A bit annoyed that the 2012 show is coming to an end, but we all knew that was the case.

It would be nice to see some official artwork or something to go along with this announcement. My guess is they might not want to overshadow the last season of the current show.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 03-03-2017 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:28 AM   #162
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

wow

Didn't expect a new series so soon. Tentatively excited.

It'll be nice to see a nick tmnt series with "more humor" compared to 2012s none.

But the "toned down" makes me think this is gonna bomb. How do you "tone down" 2012? Will they be speaking in baby talk the whole series? Thats the only way they can pander to kids lower than the current series already is.

But like i've posted in another thread on here TMNT has a cycle of producing GOOD then BAD/GENERALLY HATED cartoons. And the last series was/is bad so this one can only be good. TMNT has never doubled down on bad stuff.

This should probably be in General too for folks that don't watch nick. I get why it's here but still, it is a new series after all.

PS hope they get new voice actors aside from Paulson. And i actually kinda like cypes. Seth and whoever the other guy is have gotta go. They don't seem or feel natural to the characters.

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 03-03-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:45 AM   #163
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Interested in the decision to make it more light-hearted, I always preffered TMNT to be more light than dark...but big network's idea of humour for today's kids does'nt quite gel with the humour a lot of us grew up on. Perhaps if it's a little like Steven Universe's early blend of story and comedy I could see myself enjoying it (although I've steadily gone off that show in recent months)

Time will tell, I'm just glad 2012 is done. I acknowledge it did some pretty good things, but it rarely worked for me
Old 03-03-2017, 05:53 AM   #164
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
But like i've posted in another thread on here TMNT has a cycle of producing GOOD then BAD/GENERALLY HATED cartoons. And the last series was/is bad so this one can only be good. TMNT has nrver doubled down on bas stuff.
If anything, this is to the 2012 show as Next Mutation was to the Fred Wolf show.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:57 AM   #165
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Oh my Gooood, if they make an episode where they make fun of Teen Titans like Teen Titans Go made fun of TMNT, I'll diiiiiie.
I'd like to see that.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:59 AM   #166
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I don't see what there is to be upset about. The next series HAS to be better than the crap shack that Nickelodeon has been airing the last five years. If I had to guess, they're going to try to make an identical duplicate of the original cartoon. Given how in love with that show Nickelodeon clearly is.
Totally agree!!
Old 03-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #167
Powder
So tired of this place

Not that it's too likely they will, but I'd love it if they took some cues from Adventure Time, which has a great balance of humor, action, & slice of life episodes. You could definitely make a good TMNT cartoon inspired by its tone.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #168
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Maybe, just maybe, Nick might actually air this show so we get one episode every week in a row, that way we don't stop caring about storylines.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 03-03-2017, 07:12 AM   #169
Danetello
Stone Warrior

My only two points here at this VERY early stage are as follows:

1. I hope that it isn't aimed at too young of an audience. I want a show that anyone can watch, like what we have now. I would hate for it be dumbed down even further and be like a series for under 10s.

2. This will be the fourth animated series, but the very first not bear the proper TMNT title, by adding "Rise of" to it. I just think that's interesting.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #170
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yeah, the more I think about this show...the more it bums me out since I feel this is a step backwards into what the franchise needs TV show wise. Like someone mentioned earlier, it wouldn't be such a hard hit if we were actually getting more takes on the live action films that felt more mature. With them retooling TMNT for future movies, I'm optimistic that someone will eventually get it right down the road. At least I'm hoping...

I know Nick is pretty crappy when it comes to the home video department, but they'd be foolish not to release the 2012 series as a full box set when it's all said and done..right?
Old 03-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #171
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I see Andy Suriano worked on the new Mickey Mouse shorts, I wonder if the new TMNT show will be anything like that.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:25 AM   #172
neatoman
Emperor

A reboot within this decade? Pretty sure I called it.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #173
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
The "mystic powers" thing just reminds me of all the other gimmicks they've latched onto the property when it's been in its death throes over the years.
Correct. That they even have to think "what gimmick should we add?" with their new TMNT show is indicative of desperation. And yeah, this is what always seems to happen.

TMNT 4 (the one that never happened): Let's give them all a new MUTATION! New POWERS!
NT:TNM: Let's add a female Turtle! With MAGIC!
2K3: Let's make this season about MAGIC POWERS! Let's make this season about TIME TRAVEL TO THE FUTURE! Let's make this season about COOL HACKING TECHNO STUFF!
PDTMNT: Let's make them HUMAN-LIKE! And BULLETPROOF!

etc., etc.

Never once is it ever, "Let's get together and come up with the best possible Ninja Turtles project, and put all of our energy into that."
Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #174
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Correct. That they even have to think "what gimmick should we add?" with their new TMNT show is indicative of desperation. And yeah, this is what always seems to happen.

TMNT 4 (the one that never happened): Let's give them all a new MUTATION! New POWERS!
NT:TNM: Let's add a female Turtle! With MAGIC!
2K3: Let's make this season about MAGIC POWERS! Let's make this season about TIME TRAVEL TO THE FUTURE! Let's make this season about COOL HACKING TECHNO STUFF!
PDTMNT: Let's make them HUMAN-LIKE! And BULLETPROOF!

etc., etc.

Never once is it ever, "Let's get together and come up with the best possible Ninja Turtles project, and put all of our energy into that."
Old 03-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #175
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I disagree.
I think they are trying to make the best ninja turtle product.
They just have a different definition of what a good product is.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #176
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I think they are trying to make the best ninja turtle product.
"Product" is right.

McTMNT™ lives on.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #177
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Yeah, but you say that like this hasn't been the case since Mirage started their Guest Artist phase.

Every single iteration has done this, even with the comics.
Similar things can be said about the Archie, Image, DW, and even IDW runs.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #178
ZariusTwo
Overlord

What good is a used car without a spiffier looking set of wheels?
Old 03-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #179
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Yeah, but you say that like this hasn't been the case since Mirage started their Guest Artist phase.
Yeah, but that was borne out of necessity (Kevin and Peter getting too busy dealing with McTMNT™), not "Oh no, sales are down, what gimmick can we do to get them back??"

I guess you could say Erik Larsen intended the Turtles' initial injuries as a sales gimmick with Image Vol. 3, though first and foremost that was just Erik wanting visual distinction. Oddly.

The Cyber Samurai stuff in Archies was definitely a sales gimmick. I can't really think of any others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
What good is a used car without a spiffier looking set of wheels?
It's less that and more, "What good is a used, classic car without... this Yo Quiero Taco Bell bobble head dog we added behind the back window?"
Old 03-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #180
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well with Ciro not involved it's likely going to have nothing to do with the Nick cartoon. Still I wonder if it could have some loose continuity, especially if the Turtles have the same voice actors.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters