The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-08-2020, 08:06 AM   #101
CyberCubed
Overlord

Makes me wonder instead of Nick making a third TMNT cartoon anytime soon, they'll just revisit either 2012 or Rise with a set of movies or something. I guess we'll see if the Rise movie does well on netflix, if it does, we might see more of stuff along those lines.

I really don't expect another TMNT cartoon anytime soon, as I think Nick will take a break for awhile, but having movies is pretty possible.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:14 AM   #102
sdp
Megan Fox = April

If Rise is somehow popular in Netflix we could get more, but I see that as not very likely. I think it could be possible for 2012 to get a "special" to revive interest in the brand with the cartoon that people actually cared for since they already have the 3D models and that way they don't commit to anything.

If neither of those scenarios happen which neither has a high chance of happening then we'll be in a hiatus for a few years which I'm also fine with.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:05 AM   #103
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

as far as I know, rise hasn't been officially cancelled.
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:05 AM   #104
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Though never being "officially" canceled via direct wording isn't too uncommon these days, unfortunately, but the posts made by those who worked on this show seemed like a pretty strong indication after it ended early, and if anyone knows the truth, it's them.

A binge watch show on Netflix might have been a better option to begin with, and I mean, things on a rare occasion can return -- it worked for Futurama? -- but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:23 AM   #105
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
as far as I know, rise hasn't been officially cancelled.
it was by the people who worked on the show many came forth and said it was done.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #106
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Makes me wonder instead of Nick making a third TMNT cartoon anytime soon, they'll just revisit either 2012 or Rise with a set of movies or something.
Doubtful. The most we'll see of Nick 2012 is if they either adapt the other Batman crossover based on the animated series, or there's another Turtles Forever crossover with the 2012 and whatever future TMNT incarnation there is.

I mean the OT TMNT are still the most popular and other than cameos and crossovers, they haven't come back with a brand new show or anything, so pretty doubtful 2012 TMNT will do the same.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #107
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean Nick made their own series, it would make more sense than to make an original cartoon movie. Likewise the 2012 series will always be remembered as the "first" Nick TMNT cartoon, so if they make 3-4 cartoons later, the 2012 one will likely remain the most iconic of all the "modern" TMNT cartoons since the Nick buyout.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:14 AM   #108
aprilbound
Mouser

The animation in this show was absolutely dire, why can't they draw realistic humans anymore?
aprilbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #109
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbound View Post
The animation in this show was absolutely dire, why can't they draw realistic humans anymore?
You mean the artstyle.
The animation was one of the stronger point of the series.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:38 PM   #110
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbound View Post
Going by your username I'm going to guess you're just mad you didn't get proper fetish material.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 05:00 AM   #111
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

So, I haven’t been following Rise and this may be posted somewhere else but...how many seasons and episodes did this show conclude at? I’d like to try and watch them all. Thank you for your help!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:17 AM   #112
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
So, I haven’t been following Rise and this may be posted somewhere else but...how many seasons and episodes did this show conclude at? I’d like to try and watch them all. Thank you for your help!
It has 2 seasons total.

I used this guide for the episode list since most eps are only 11 minutes and have two different episodes in each 22 minute episode:

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/...rtles_episodes

There's also a movie coming out next year that will take place after the series ended.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:22 AM   #113
Ioz
Foot Soldier

Bad ratings and bad toy sales, which this show seemed to have both of, doomed it. It just didn't capture the imagination of both kids and old fans like the previous ones. They made too drastic of changes.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:03 PM   #114
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

While I'm way happier with how 2012 turned out than Rise, RotTMNT will still make for an interesting bullet point in TMNT history. Mostly for how fun the action sequences were to watch. That's certainly an area where future TMNT content could learn from. Maybe how wacky/zany it was at times won't fit with every imagining of the franchise, but the pure kinetic energy of it was really entertaining. They are teenagers, so of course they are going to inject a lot of style and personality into their combat. I think that was one of the strongest aspects of the show. Not much else resonated with me.

I'm just ready to move on to what is next. They'd do well to learn from the shortcomings of Rise and how they can appeal to more fans of the franchise. You could look at Star Wars or other franchises which, even when making shows aimed at kids, know that adult fans will be watching and make sure it's got something for them as well.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:36 PM   #115
DragonSoul
Random Punk

I enjoyed RotTMNT because of its fresh, semi-accurate take on the characters. Raphael was my favorite, the whole snapper turtle look is very fitting to his character as a whole and his fits of rage actually made him closer to his original Mirage version. However, I am not blind to RotTMNT's shortcomings and fair criticism. I think there is one major criticism that isn't touched on yet which is the critical reviews that said RotTMNT teaches kids to be immoral. So how can a show marketed towards children survive a criticism that makes it detrimental to the mental development of children? not so much which is why I think in combination with all other criticisms that the critical reviews that complained about the show being immoral is the final nail in the coffin.

As for the criticism that says RotTMNT teaches children to be immoral there are a few scenes provided as evidence. The first episode was used to showcase that the turtles are immoral. When the turtles bypassed the criminal activity seen at a party to instead have fun at a rooftop pool it created a moral issue. In which, the controversial scene teaches children to be immature with no responsibility to do what is right. I can't really remember the critic's other examples right now. Yet it seems like the show's early, poor writing and overlooked immoral implications may have played a role in a pitch that ended the show.
DragonSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:55 PM   #116
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
The first episode was used to showcase that the turtles are immoral. When the turtles bypassed the criminal activity seen at a party to instead have fun at a rooftop pool it created a moral issue. In which, the controversial scene teaches children to be immature with no responsibility to do what is right.
Well, while the Turtles are just kids, esp in this one, and not really their job to stop crime, let alone notice what covert things the boring adult humans are doing, there are certainly other moments that are better examples of immoral behavior if anyone really wanted to point that out as criticism of the show. Particularly, it was disappointing that the writing didn't find a creative way to have them gain/earn those new weapons. Nope, they just ended up in a strange place, saw shiny weapons...and stole them.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:42 PM   #117
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Happy New Yeat! Is Rise cancelled? If it is, well... good riddance. That show was so horrible. I hope the Turtles have another series that is good like the 2k3 or 2012.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:10 AM   #118
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I agree with Klunk the next series will be like 2003 or 2012 to be succesful. At least there is the IDW series but it is not the same as it is a comic and not a tv series.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:22 AM   #119
DragonSoul
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, while the Turtles are just kids, esp in this one, and not really their job to stop crime, let alone notice what covert things the boring adult humans are doing, there are certainly other moments that are better examples of immoral behavior if anyone really wanted to point that out as criticism of the show. Particularly, it was disappointing that the writing didn't find a creative way to have them gain/earn those new weapons. Nope, they just ended up in a strange place, saw shiny weapons...and stole them.
To be honest, I don't remember much from that scathing review of RotTMNT nor can I find it again. All I know is the first episodes were used in their complaint of the show. The part were the turtles steal their weapons may have been used as well but I am not sure on that. I think the main point is that RotTMNT had a very bad initial impression which may have contributed to its cancellation.
DragonSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:34 AM   #120
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
To be honest, I don't remember much from that scathing review of RotTMNT nor can I find it again. All I know is the first episodes were used in their complaint of the show. The part were the turtles steal their weapons may have been used as well but I am not sure on that. I think the main point is that RotTMNT had a very bad initial impression which may have contributed to its cancellation.
That may be true but from what I've watched, the show doesn't get any better for me. I know it was mainly aimed for a younger audience but it sort of speaks volumes when it doesn't catch on with it's intended audience. I just found it overall uninteresting.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote