The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Rise of the TMNT speculation thread

Okay, I wasn't sure if this should get it's own thread or not, but since the other 'rise of TMNT' threads are bogged down in arguing, and speculation about a series is a separate topic, I thoguht I'd make this thread.

Okay, based on what we've gleaned from what little info we have on this series so far, I had a few thoughts;

-Baron Draxum; Okay, bug-like main antagonist, who has his own army, and fight's the turtles, with a name that is a noble title, followed by one word; does anyone else think this guy was a re-imaging old lord Dregg, but Playmates didn't want to sell a new figure with that name again so soon after his appearance in the 2012 series? Based on his description, I think this guy mixes mutagen as a mystical potion, and uses it to create the mutant of the week to fight the turtles. The oozesiqutoes are his delivery method, and he might even have his own army of mutants, possibly mutated insects.

-the underground city: this calls to mind the Atlantian city, with it's mutant inhabitants, in the 2003 series. My guess is it's an ancient mystical city full of mutants that was buried underground, and new york was built over it, or it's mutant population was crated by the ooze that drained into the sewers, then drained further into the caves and bedrock far below. We know Baron Draxum is from the underground city, but is he the ruler? Is he an exiled criminal who was banished for abusing the ooze? Is he tied to the turtle's origin? Also, I speculate that the underground city, if it';s inhabitants are friendly, is where the turtles will go to act normal and fit in around other mutants, and several mutant allies or enemies, as well.

-the foot clan; we know there will be the foot origami ninja. I believe here these ninja will be magical beings, created from folded paper, that shredder will bring to life via ninja magic. This will allow the turtles to chop them up without killing anyone, and there is a certain dynamic here (paper foot soldiers= a ninja named 'shredder') my guess is the origami ninja will appear in season one, but the shredder himself will be held off to be the season 2 antagonist.

Well, those are my thoughts, does anyone else have any speculation on what this show could be about/where it might be head. And remember, this is SPECULATION, so 'it's too early to tell anything is not an answer XD

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 03-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I will be the main antgonist in all seasons and not only after season 2. Also my main foot ninjas army will be humans. The magical beings from papersand robots will be very few.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:42 AM   #3
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

My speculations are:
  • There might be an episode involving a musical/ melodic mutant.
  • I think there might be an episode that involves a "Groundhog Day"-like concept.
  • The Turtles' might get stuck within various video games/ television programs (by the mutant of the week), and April and/or Splinter might have to bail them out.
  • There might be a cooking show episode.
  • There might be a clip-show episode.
  • Leonardo and Mayhem might switch brains for an episode.
  • The Turtles' will help various people pick up the trash.
  • Michelangelo might sing about making/cooking pizza, while (unknowingly) burning the oven.
  • There might be a ninja-training montage for an entire episode.
  • There might be an episode involving modern technology (3D printers, holograms, super computers) and the dangers that come from them.
  • I might expect lots of cliché stereotypes from certain characters.
  • There will be a Q&A episode.
  • There will be an episode that has detective work (a.k.a. solving a mystery).
  • One of Donatello's battle shells might become corrupted, and he might have it destroyed.
  • Mayhem will be missing for an episode. Resultantly, the Turtles' (and probably April) will be searching for him.

Those are my speculations.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 04-15-2018 at 04:48 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
My speculations are:
  • There might be an episode involving a musical/ melodic mutant.
  • I think there might be an episode that involves a "Groundhog Day"-like concept.
  • The Turtles' might get stuck within various video games/ television programs (by the mutant of the week), and April and/or Splinter might have to bail them out.
  • There might be a cooking show episode.
  • There might be a clip-show episode.
  • Leonardo and Mayhem might switch brains for an episode.
  • The Turtles' will help various people pick up the trash.
  • Michelangelo might sing about making/cooking pizza, while (unknowingly) burning the oven.

Those are my speculations.
Many of these ideas sound common for series circa 30 years ago.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

When I viewed the Behind-the-scenes video (yet again), I pondered on this piece of concept artwork.

Spoiler:

Quote:
While I viewed the Behind-the-scenes video (yet again ...), I noticed something.

Apparently, Leonardo can use his sword to get to the underworld (a.k.a. "The Hidden City"). Interesting ...

I also pondered on this quote:
Quote:
Leonardo “The Trickster”

A red-eared slider turtle, Leonardo is intelligent and quick-witted. He uses his sharp skills to beat opponents and find shortcuts around obstacles. And he always knows the perfect time to land one of his many one-liners!

Hmmm ... it looks like Leonardo will use his sword as a transport and as a shortcut.

I wonder if this is what they've (the creators) intended.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 04-10-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
When I viewed the Behind-the-scenes video (yet again), I pondered on this piece of concept artwork.

I also pondered on this quote:

Hmmm ... it looks like Leonardo will use his sword as a transport and as a shortcut.

I wonder if this is what they've (the creators) intended.
It reminds me of that alien sword from the 80s episode, The Ninja Sword of Nowhere but this time it takes them somewhere.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:46 AM   #7
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I think Leo will become leader, they emphasized he is not ready to be leader YET at the toy presentation
Old 04-24-2018, 08:04 AM   #8
KillCrites
Thug

I'm certain that the Turtles will at least get their classic weapons by the end of season one.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

They all pretty much have their classic weapons besides Raph who has tonfa instead of sai's. Mikey will probably switch off between nunchuck and his weapon like he did in the 2012 series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:21 AM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Hopefully Raph stays the leader for the entire series, only hinting that Leo will take over in the last episode whenever the series comes to an end.

Hopefully the Origami ninja are just that and in no way related to Shredder and the Foot.

Hopefully whenever Bebop and Rocksteady appear in season 3 or whatever (cause they most likely will) they're both white, both black or Asian or whatever. Just to piss Cubed off.

Hell, bring in Sachs as Baron's financial backer. Go full circle. Make this the Anti-Cubed TMNT show. Watch him complain and flame it up for a few months, and the later say it's the most perfect show ever and something is wrong with you if you don't agree. Then wait til like... 2023 or so where he announces ever year he marathons this entire series once a year, Sachs and all.

But seriously though, let's hope they go the routes of the 80's cartoon in the sense that it's all new stories and all new settings. We really don't need the Return to New York story re-told for the 4th time.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Hopefully the Origami ninja are just that and in no way related to Shredder and the Foot.
They're already confirmed to be Foot Soldiers. The Foot Ninja create them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:46 AM   #12
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Sad that I can't get excited at all for this show, I'll wait for the next reboot in 5 years
Old 05-18-2018, 04:10 PM   #13
Overlord

Anyone else think this may be the last TMNT series originally airing over traditional TV?
Old 05-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #14
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

they will use those stupid magic tricks they used against me in 5th season of 2003 but i will defeatthem again like i always do! And no we,the Foot ninjas will not be magical or mystical. My ninjas will be again Japanese ninjas like in 2003 2012 IDW and mirrage series. Not some magic creatures from another dimension.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #15
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
they will use those stupid magic tricks they used against me in 5th season of 2003 but i will defeat them again like i always do! And no we,the Foot ninjas will not be magical or mystical. My ninjas will be again Japanese ninjas like in 2003 2012 IDW and mirage series. Not some magic creatures from another dimension.
Dude, you won't even be in the first season of the show, just two of your minions/foot mystics who make origami ninja. thoguh I must admit, the origami ninja thing is a nice touch for his new version.

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:26 AM   #16
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Not some magic creatures from another dimension.
I've never heard the paper ninjas will be from some other dimension.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:54 AM   #17
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

So, I found these pictures.

Spoiler:

These seem to suggest that the Turtles' will face different types of Origami Ninjas.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:03 AM   #18
Powder
So tired of this place

He's not origami though. Looks like a human brute with some sorta mystic fire atop his head.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:27 AM   #19
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He's not origami though. Looks like a human brute with some sorta mystic fire atop his head.
I think he's a human-mutant hybrid. I don't know ...

I hope we get an episode dealing with puberty.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:18 PM   #20
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I think the two ninja with flames on their heads are the only two flesh-and-blood foot ninja we will see, and the smaller one creates the origami ninja to fight as grunts, that the turtles chop up and destroy with ease.